Become a Patron!

Ego battery

I have an ego battery... not sure what brand.. but whenever I go to charge it it won't charge and I think it's because whenever I try to charge it the firing pin is always pushed down whenever I put the charger into it.. anything to add?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You can gently lift that center pin with a small flat head screw driver or a paper clip. Pretty normal for that type of battery. Kind of a pain and lead me to get better gear, eventually.

I did that but everytime I put the charger in even if I do it slowly it just gets pushed back in. I need my other vape back lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Make sure you're not over tightening your tank or the charger. That will push it down and cause your problem.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Make sure you're not over tightening your tank or the charger. That will push it down and cause your problem.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Like I know the charger and the battery works bc the charger blinks green and red and the battery blinks 3 times.. could it be the firing pin that's messed up?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Does it hold a charge? If the light is blinking and the battery lights up when you push the button, then it sounds like it's working, lol. What kind of tank are you using on it?

Does it hold a charge? If the light is blinking and the battery lights up when you push the button, then it sounds like it's working, lol. What kind of tank are you using on it?
No it won't even charge.. when I screw it in it'll blink when the charger is green but it won't turn red it'll just blink back and forth from red to green depending on where I move it.. but the power button blinks 3 times when the charger is green.. I'm not sure what's wrong

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probly the best bet is to throw it away and upgrade to a better mod that uses a replaceable battery..I've always thought those Ego batts were a waste of money personally..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Probly the best bet is to throw it away and upgrade to a better mod that uses a replaceable battery..I've always thought those Ego batts were a waste of money personally..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Yea I have another one but my friends had I need to get it back haha

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
the power button blinks 3 times when the charger is green
Been a minute since I used one, but doesn't that mean it's fully charged? And, I have to ask because you'd be surprised how often this happens, but are your SURE the device is ON. Some take 5 clicks, some take 3 clicks.

Dtackett5

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had this problem on one of my first cheap ego setups and it turned out to be a short in the 510. took it to several shops all of them played with it for a few minutes and said the same thing. said its best to get rid of it. they said its pretty common for it to happen.

VU Sponsors