Become a Patron!

Ego-C twist charging!!!

GahAdorable

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys i recently got ego-C twist VV 1100mah and a kanger evod 2 dual coil atomizer, i am satisfied with the amount of vapour and taste im getting so far. My question is that; i have a regular ego battery charger and i charge it with my laptop but if i wanted to use a smartphone's adaptor to plug it in a wall would that cause any issues or damage to the device?

Ego twist is 1100mah and it can alter the voltage from 3.2 to 4.8 (i usually stay at 4.2 or 3.8)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since you took neither the time nor the effort to find the sizable amounts of info out there.
Since you are dumb enough to charge it from your laptop instead.. enjoy your hospital bills when it blows, or the house fire when it starts your shit on fire.

GO FOR IT!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looking at a similar product, not seeing that any issue should arise. This vendor thus far in my humble opinion seems trustworthy & caring about customers. Ergo, if there are problems they are upfront about them. I still agree though, you need to have some more knowledge regarding batteries, battery safety. One can never have too much knowledge on hand.

Here is some basic knowledge. There is some more in depth knowledge. Read through the blog posts to get better acquainted with the major issues and try to keep abreast of recalls on bad products, be safe. We as a community do not need further scare stories where someone acted stupidly regarding batteries and had tragedy hit. Hope you keep enjoying the vape. :)

GahAdorable

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since you took neither the time nor the effort to find the sizable amounts of info out there.
Since you are dumb enough to charge it from your laptop instead.. enjoy your hospital bills when it blows, or the house fire when it starts your shit on fire.

GO FOR IT!!
you are a true gentlman

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey guys i recently got ego-C twist VV 1100mah and a kanger evod 2 dual coil atomizer, i am satisfied with the amount of vapour and taste im getting so far. My question is that; i have a regular ego battery charger and i charge it with my laptop but if i wanted to use a smartphone's adaptor to plug it in a wall would that cause any issues or damage to the device?

Ego twist is 1100mah and it can alter the voltage from 3.2 to 4.8 (i usually stay at 4.2 or 3.8)
When you charge via the laptop, you charge at approximately 0.5A. However, depending on the smartphone's adapter, you probably charge at 1-2A. The least that could happen, you shorten the life span of the battery. The worse, the battery can explode.

GahAdorable

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you charge via the laptop, you charge at approximately 0.5A. However, depending on the smartphone's adapter, you probably charge at 1-2A. The least that could happen, you shorten the life span of the battery. The worse, the battery can explode.
Looking at a similar product, not seeing that any issue should arise. This vendor thus far in my humble opinion seems trustworthy & caring about customers. Ergo, if there are problems they are upfront about them. I still agree though, you need to have some more knowledge regarding batteries, battery safety. One can never have too much knowledge on hand.

Here is some basic knowledge. There is some more in depth knowledge. Read through the blog posts to get better acquainted with the major issues and try to keep abreast of recalls on bad products, be safe. We as a community do not need further scare stories where someone acted stupidly regarding batteries and had tragedy hit. Hope you keep enjoying the vape. :)

So i dont really get it some one is saying use adaptor another saying laptop or am i completly lost?? the adaptor im thinking about using is input: 100-240V AC 50/60Hz
output: 5.0V 1.8A should i stay with the laptop or use this?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

No, do not use a phone's wall charger to charge an ego. The wall charger charges at a higher amp and will damage the ego.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You can pick up a usb hub pretty cheap that can be plugged into your computer or wall. Most of these have variable amp charging and will charge your ego at the correct amps.

GahAdorable

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can pick up a usb hub pretty cheap that can be plugged into your computer or wall. Most of these have variable amp charging and will charge your ego at the correct amps.
sounds nice. till i get my hands on one of those is it safe to charge with my laptop? im not gonna blow up my house or anything like the gentleman said right?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
sounds nice. till i get my hands on one of those is it safe to charge with my laptop? im not gonna blow up my house or anything like the gentleman said right?
I've done it... it's just not recommended. Just be sure to use the charger that came with the ego if you're gonna charge from the laptop. And if you have 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports on your laptop, use the 2.0.

StillWaters

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, Joyetech recommends using the usb charger connected to either a computer, a wall adaptor or a car charger. They have the wall adaptors in stock for 5 bucks plus shipping: https://www.joyetech.us/usb-wall-adaptor.html

ETA: For clarification, if you already have this, then you can charge with your laptop: https://www.joyetech.us/e-cigarette/ego-series/ego-c/ego-t-c-usb-cable-charger.html. If you want to charge from a wall socket, you need to use the correct adaptor: https://www.joyetech.us/usb-wall-adaptor.html

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So i dont really get it some one is saying use adaptor another saying laptop or am i completly lost?? the adaptor im thinking about using is input: 100-240V AC 50/60Hz
output: 5.0V 1.8A should i stay with the laptop or use this?

@GahAdorable, it seems @Countrypami was better able to explain. :) The moderators here are extremely nice like this, except one. He's a real tool. *chuckles* You can run @f1r3b1rd off with ear worm music. I suggest you do too lest you find yourself being care bombed. *chuckles*

VU Sponsors