Become a Patron!

ego one mini.....help!!!

OK, new to vaping here. I started with a cheaper vape pen that did not give much of a hit. I was determined to quit smoking, so I went to a different local vape shop. They talked me into the ego one mini. I love the size and the hit I get from it......when it works. The first one I had lasted me about 2 weeks then began leaking horribly through the vent holes. Put in a new coil and still leaking so the store swapped it out for a new one. 7 days later, new one starts leaking, gurgling and spitting juice into my mouth. Changed the coil when I got home tonight and it's working ok for now, knock on wood. I was told these coils should last 4 weeks. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a crappy vape? I'm using the 1.0 and not the 0.5 coil. I get different answers from every person at the store so I'm just really confused and frustrated, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

katykatkat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Shelbi, I'm pretty new to vaping too, this is day 36 without a cigarette. I use an ego mini one and haven't had any problems with leaking, spitting or gurgling at all. My husband is using one as well and I've noticed that his gurgles. I don't know why it does but my theory is that he's getting juice in the chimney (or whatever it's called) when he refills his tank. I'd suggest that you make sure that if you've spilled any that you wipe it out before you vape, hopefully that will deal with at least a couple of the problems.
As for the coils, the longest I've had one last is a week but I've been hitting it pretty hard since I got it.
Good luck to you. I'm going to follow this thread, I think you'll end up with some great advice that I can use too!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you have the airflow closed down and you chain vape it, or toot it a lot, the coil might be getting over saturated. Open up the airflow. make sure it's in the base snug (finger tight), check the seal on the base that is at the bottom of the threading, make sure there's no hair or other stuff on the o-ring, same for the tank where the o-ring seats. It needs to be a tight seal for the tank to function without leaking. Atmospheric pressure changes and drastic temp changes can cause leaks.

Hi Shelbi, I'm pretty new to vaping too, this is day 36 without a cigarette. I use an ego mini one and haven't had any problems with leaking, spitting or gurgling at all. My husband is using one as well and I've noticed that his gurgles. I don't know why it does but my theory is that he's getting juice in the chimney (or whatever it's called) when he refills his tank. I'd suggest that you make sure that if you've spilled any that you wipe it out before you vape, hopefully that will deal with at least a couple of the problems.
As for the coils, the longest I've had one last is a week but I've been hitting it pretty hard since I got it.
Good luck to you. I'm going to follow this thread, I think you'll end up with some great advice that I can use too!

Thanks! I am actually very anal about cleaning everything with qtips etc when I refill my tank, which is usually twice a day. I'm vaping a lot, but smoke free for 15 days now. Just wish I could figure out the leaking issue. Maybe the coils are only good for 1 week or so instead of the 4 weeks the guys at the store said?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
4 weeks is really pushing it, 2-3 max.

If you have the airflow closed down and you chain vape it, or toot it a lot, the coil might be getting over saturated. Open up the airflow. make sure it's in the base snug (finger tight), check the seal on the base that is at the bottom of the threading, make sure there's no hair or other stuff on the o-ring, same for the tank where the o-ring seats. It needs to be a tight seal for the tank to function without leaking. Atmospheric pressure changes and drastic temp changes can cause leaks.
Hmmmm I do tend to keep it more closed than open. I only leave a tiny opening to get that drawing sensation of the cigarette.....I'll try opening it more and see if I can get used to that. Anything is better than getting this juice all over my hands and popping in my mouth! Thanks!!

katykatkat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmmmm I do tend to keep it more closed than open. I only leave a tiny opening to get that drawing sensation of the cigarette.....I'll try opening it more and see if I can get used to that. Anything is better than getting this juice all over my hands and popping in my mouth! Thanks!!
I like it more closed than open too. I hope you can get things worked out, congrats on 15 days. We can do it!
You'll know when your coil is absolutely shot, it will stop working altogether.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually, if you have it closed down that far, it's almost certainly causing the flooding problem. Open it 1/4 of the way or more.

katykatkat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Actually, if you have it closed down that far, it's almost certainly causing the flooding problem. Open it 1/4 of the way or more.
I don't understand that though because mine doesn't flood. My husband's is wide open and it gurgles (seems flooded). Not disrespecting your advice at all, just wondering.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It depends on how much you use it with the airflow closed down, how hard you draw on it. Your husband's unit might need the coil tightened, or a check of the seals. I have one and it has gurgled once or twice. He can shake out the excess by holding the mod by the base and giving it a swing or two. The 1 ohm coil has a fairly restricted air flow, have him close the air control shutter to 1/4 open, that's roughly the same diameter as the inside of the coil. Opening it wide open has no affect on the 1 ohm coil.

katykatkat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It depends on how much you use it with the airflow closed down, how hard you draw on it. Your husband's unit might need the coil tightened, or a check of the seals. I have one and it has gurgled once or twice. He can shake out the excess by holding the mod by the base and giving it a swing or two. The 1 ohm coil has a fairly restricted air flow, have him close the air control shutter to 1/4 open, that's roughly the same diameter as the inside of the coil. Opening it wide open has no affect on the 1 ohm coil.
Cool, thanks, I'll let him know.

JackVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
simple question, just because you broken some O rings in the tube, try to change it, and leak will stop.

Rhody

Member For 4 Years
I have 2 that I use every day....when I first got them, they leaked all the time, so now I only fill the tank
3/4 of the way and they haven't leaked since. I also make sure the coil head is tightened down.
That's been my experience anyways.

VU Sponsors