Become a Patron!

Egrip, Decent Mod For Work/Stealth Vape?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, so my G/F has said she would like to have an Egrip, or some sort of regulated mod that has the tank inside to take to work. I have absolutely no experience with the Egrip, and was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback as to the build quality, and any quirks that the mod has. I don't want to get her anything that going to be troublesome or complicated to get the hang of. Also, if anyone knows of a online vendor having a killer deal on one, I would appreciate a heads up.
If there is another mod similar that is as good or better for $50 max, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!

I am thoroughly confused.

Joyetech's own Facebook page states that there are two distinct Egrip models (CS & CL) with each model being compatible solely with their respective atomizer head (ie. The CS or CL).

In other words, the CS version of the Egrip is NOT compatible with the CL head and vice-versa.

Yet the description for the Sweet Vapes Egrip CL states that in fact the CL version is in fact compatible with both the CS & CL atomizer heads.

Can anyone please clarify?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st..._=top_level_post_id.481188972038677&__tn__=*s

http://sweet-vapes.com/joyetech-egrip-oled-cl.html

@pmar4015

The info you posted is referring to the new version of the Egrip with LED screen. The atomizer heads are cross compatible but not right out of the box. The different device versions are identical aside from the atomizer base. Coil compatibility can be swapped by purchasing the corresponding base separately.

The CS version uses the same coils as the original Egrip and the CL version is compatible with the Ego One CL(& CLR) coils.

More info in this thread: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/egrip-oled-cl-v3.108736/

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have no experience with either personally but my local shop has had a lot of the older model without the screen come back defective. Course I don't know why. User error? I don't know. Most end up getting a Subox kit but that's def not stealthy lol. Hopefully someone else will chime in with more hands on experience.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have three original egrips, and they're my favorite for stealth vaping! I do use the RBA bases in all three, becaus the flavor is much better, but the newer ones can use (I believe) the ego one coils which are better than the original coils. I'd definitely go for it! The one drawback is it's hard to clean the tank so changing flavor profiles can be tricky, but as long as she vapes the same family of juice it'll be fine.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone! @AmandaD , can you elaborate a little more on the tricky cleaning? I need to know what I'm getting myself into because if anything needs to be done with it, she's gonna hand it to me and say please fix it up.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like Amanda, I also have all three versions, There is not really any difficult up keep on them, and as far as set up, it's very easy,screw a coil into the base , on the side is a door you open to fill it, set the Wattage or voltage to what you want , and vape.
Cleaning wise, I vape the same juice in each of mine and have not had to clean the interior tank, I don't know as if there is a way to do that or a need. Maybe someone can chime in on if there is. Or maybe there is a video out there that focuses on that.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone! @AmandaD , can you elaborate a little more on the tricky cleaning? I need to know what I'm getting myself into because if anything needs to be done with it, she's gonna hand it to me and say please fix it up.

Since the tank isn't removeable you can't take it out to wash it. It's much simpler to just keep topping it up with flavors with similar profiles! However, if you have to clean it the safest way to do this is to flush it out with something like vodka using the fill port. If you get any water in the USB it will short out (although sometimes it will come back to life), so running tap water through the tank is risky. I keep similar flavor profiles in all three of mine, so changing juice isn't an issue!

VU Sponsors