Become a Patron!

Ehich is bigger and ramps faster

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
If u have 28×2+38 vs. 30×4+40 nichrome fused claptons. Which wire will be thicker and which one will ramp up faster?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
2x28/38 will be thicker(taller), 4x30/40 will be wider

If the wires are all the same alloy, the time they take to heat up depends entirely on the wattage you set on your Drag Mini plus how much metal is in the final build - how many wraps and inner diameter - the mass of the metal overall

You can use wire wizard on steam-engine.org to see coil mass

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
really worried about those NI90 coils arent you?

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
2x28/38 will be thicker(taller), 4x30/40 will be wider

If the wires are all the same alloy, the time they take to heat up depends entirely on the wattage you set on your Drag Mini plus how much metal is in the final build - how many wraps and inner diameter - the mass of the metal overall

You can use wire wizard on steam-engine.org to see coil mass
I was thinking if all factors were the same

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I know wattage and stuff has to do with ramp up. But if u compared these two wires with the exact same wraps and wattage which one wud ramp up faster the 28×2+38 or the 30×4+40 nichrome 80?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
28×2+38. But the difference is extremely very small, and, because 30×4+40 has more total surface area, this is only hypothetically speaking so, in practice, the opposite will be true because having more total surface area also means it generally deserves extra wattage.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
28×2+38. But the difference is extremely very small, and, because 30×4+40 has more total surface area, this is only hypothetically speaking so, in practice, the opposite will be true because having more total surface area also means it generally deserves extra wattage.
I wud run both on 100 watts.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wud run both on 100 watts.
Personally, I, would always run every coil build at whatever the wattage will be needed to make it vape just how I like it best. On a regulated mod it means starting at a reasonably moderate wattage and then gradually bumping it till it feels right, taking it back down a notch if it is a little too high, and, it actually even also depends on what flavor the juice is, among a few other factors.

VU Sponsors