Become a Patron!

Ehpro Fusion 2-in-1 Kit Review - Vape two flavors at once!

CapVanillaCustard

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ZpCOnFT.jpg

Ehpro Fusion 2-in-1 Kit Review - Photo Album with more photos

Hello everyone!

Ehpro Fusion 2-in-1 kit is a pretty unique setup. At first glance it's standard a dual coil RDTA + dual 18650 regulated mod combo. However the RDTA has two chambers and the mod has two chips, letting you vape two different flavors at once! It's essentially two mods and two RDTAs in one! Pretty interesting right?

I've using it for the past few weeks. It was sent to me by Heaven Gifts to review. The mod comes in 4 color schemes. I have the black and red version.

What makes it different?

Well, if the Ehpro Panther RDA I reviewed last week was the definition of Vanilla, then this kit is Rambutan infused rum mixed with I am a spammer ban me extract and Sapodilla juice. This is quite unlike pretty anything else on the market right now.

The RDTA has two isolated chambers and the mod has two chips. Each chamber holds one coil, controlled individually by one of the chips on the mod.

You can vape two different flavors simultaneously, each at a different wattage/mode. You've been DIY mixing two retail juices in your atty'? Your like menthol but your favorite juice doesn't have menthol? You'd like a bit of cream in your ADV fruit juice? All of that can be done with ease in this kit!

You can turn one of the chambers off and just vape the other. If you wanna stay "old school" and vape one flavor at a time using any of your other attys you can do that too. You can easily turn off one of the chips and use it just like any other regulated mod. The RDTA however can only be used with this mod.

The kit comes with excellent manuals so you'll find it easy to get it set up even if it seems confusing to you now.

xlLvbOM.jpg

Vaping two flavors at once, how well does it work?

Well, it works pretty well!

I mixed up a bottle of citrus flavors and a bottle of mint. Fired it up. Yep, minty citrus! Then I mixed up a cream base and replaced the mint(after a through wash) with it. Again it worked really well. I've mixed a few other flavors over the course and for the most part it was great.

I DIY so this hasn't blown me away like I imagine it would most vapers. I don't have very much to say about this, other than the fact that it works. So instead I'll just nitpick the few issues I have with this along some tips from a DIY perspective.

Although you can mix any two flavors, if you mix flavors without much thought you will more often than not get a substandard to a terrible mix, just like DIY. You should try mixing flavors that are similar in intensity, otherwise the stronger one will quickly overpower the weaker one. Obviously it works better when you mix complementary flavors. You'll have better results up front by mixing simpler flavors or by picking an "additive" flavor like vanilla, cinnamon, mint etc as your second flavor

Jumping on to the issues there's a slight contamination problem. When the cap is on it's sealed pretty tight to the deck, but I'm not sure if it's tight enough. Residual juice on the inner cap and the deck pooled from all that tilting can easily make it to the other chamber when refilling. The contamination grows stronger over time, especially if one of the juice has a stronger flavor profile than the other. This only becomes a problem if you intend to vape the flavors separately time to time.

Even though the kit lets you adjust the wattage of each individual flavor you really have vape them at roughly the same wattage. Otherwise you when you take a puff you can tell one side is putting out cooler vapor and not as much of it as the other side. The vapor feels a little lopsided, if that makes sense.

Keep in mind my issues with the RDTA are only applicable if you want to vape each of the flavors separately or vape them both at different wattages. If you are just going to mix the flavors 1:1, vape at the same wattage you always vape, these issues won't really matter to you. Due to contamination and airflow adjustment hassles, this kit will probably not meet your expectations if you were thinking about carrying this instead of two separate kits to switch up the flavor throughout the day.

I see a lot of potential with this. I hope the few shortcomings of this doesn't discourage Ehpro. The mod is solid and they can stick with it. I hope they will release additional atomizers for the mod that refines the dual chamber mechanics. I really think a tank would work better to fight contamination. If they make another RDTA I hope they can find a way to form a vortex inside the chamber to help the vapor mix better.

I like the concept of manipulating mixed juice with mixed additives. You can have a base juice, and just add vanilla/cinnamon/chocolate/cream/sweeteners/menthols etc with it on the fly depending on your mood. If they came up with a tank/rdta where you could hot swap the chambers on the fly it would be amazing! They can then add options for pre-made coils to reach an even wider audience, the new-ish vapers who I think would be warmer to the idea of mixing retail juices.

ysjYUAn.jpg

How's the RDTA?

Aside from the contamination issue, this is pretty much your standard RDTA. Bottom airflow puts out great flavor. You have the option of adding side airflow too but I find it makes the RDTA too airy.

It disassembles into many little parts. It's got velocity style deck so it will bend flat wires. It's super easy to build on though. It's got a velocity style deck so it will bend flat wires. It's super easy to build on though.

If you have both chambers coiled and filled, and decide to just vape one chamber you'd have to adjust the airflow to shut off the other side. Adjusting the airflow is a pain because there's no knurling on the cap and it feels rather tight.

You're supposed to wrap the coils counter clockwise so each marked chamber of the RDTA (up, down) corresponds to the top or bottom area of the screen. However I wrap clockwise and just use the bottom part of the screen to control the "top" chamber, and vice versa.

How's the mod?

If you've used a Wismec RX mod before this one will feel entirely familiar. Very similar design, paint type and build quality. It weighs 181 grams. The hinged door for the batteries is quite well done. Unlike the POS door on my VT75D, the door on this only covers the battery and feels quite free and smooth. It locks very well too, has good spring feedback throughout the entire process.

The mod takes two 18650 batteries. It goes up to 100 watts each chip when you're vaping it with the included dual chambered RDTA. It goes up to 150 watts when you're using it like a regular mod. Aside from Power mode it supports Bypass mode and TC with SS, Ni, Ti and TCR values. In TC mode both temperature and wattage adjusts by 5 watts.

I've only tried TC with SS316L wire. The default profile for SS is garbage. It kept hitting the temp limit on all of the builds I tried. I tried TCR with a value of 200 and it provides pretty well dry hit protection at 460F. It pings resistance consistently enough so it feels smooth. It does throttle a tad aggressively so the TCR value needs some further tweaking.

The mod cuts off at 3.45v which I thought was a bit high. It drains both batteries equally. Reverse battery protection works. The chip doesn't let you fire if the voltage of the batteries differ significantly.

It fits my widest atty (25mm) without any overhang. I think it can seat flush an atty up to 27mm in diameter. It reads the same resistance as my Therion 166 or VT75D. There's no puff counter, instead it counts the total puff time. You can't vape will you charge via USB.

The mod is firmware upgradeable and the last update was on September 30th. I've done the upgrade and haven't noticed anything different.

~TLDR

Vaping two flavors at once with this kit works well to a degree. The RDTA could have been better. TC needs tweaking but otherwise it's a pretty decent mod that can be used with other attys as well.

I think this is a good start. I like that they are doing something a little crazy and I see potential in it. Building an ecosystem around it by releasing more compatible tanks and RDTAS will pay off in the future even if this one doesn't end up being widely successful.

It's available for $81 at Heaven Gifts. They always have 10 to 35% off coupons around so you might be able to catch it on a good sale. They also have some really good photos of the other colors.

I opened up an Instagram account recently. I usually post photos of the gear leading up to a review there.

Arctic Dolphin Anita Update

Heaven Gifts sent me a replacement for the broken Anita. I've been using it for the past two weeks and have updated my review accordingly, including photos of the differences between the review and retail units.

pQaMEFV.jpg

Last edited:

CapVanillaCustard

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks @Heartsdelight. Yeah it was a little time consuming since it's such a unique device. I hope you do find the time to play with it some more :)

I gave mine to a friend who is constantly mixing juice in his tank. I know he'll get a lot of use out of it. I'll update the review with his feedback in a few weeks.

VU Sponsors