1. LIVE: DISCUSSWELLNESS.COM LAPTOP GIVEAWAY: *NOW OPEN*

WE ARE EXPERIENCING ISSUES WITH OUR AD SERVER.

EightVape Launches New Age Verification System to Prevent Sale of E-cigarettes to Minors

Discussion in '#BANTHIS' started by The Cromwell, Dec 31, 2019.

1. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    LAS VEGAS, Dec. 31, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to the controversial Eightvape, a popular online vape store, has launched a new age verification system to identify and prevent e-cigarette purchases by minors. The website has also suspended purchases and shipping for select locations to comply with new state regulations.

EightVape's new age verification system requires customers to register on the website before making a purchase. During registration, customers must submit their date of birth and upload a picture of their photo ID, such as a passport or driver's license. The system automatically checks the age meets legal purchasing requirements in the customer's state before allowing them to complete their final purchase.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...sale-of-e-cigarettes-to-minors-300980128.html

2. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    looks like eightvape is off my list.. you would think with a simple public information search to confirm my address and age is all thats is needed in no way would i upload my ID to anyone.

i pay with a bank debit card that should be proof enough that im an adult... with said public information searching... like most vendors and only then if there is issue should they ask for other proof.

3. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    My thoughts exactly but I fear the trend will grow very rapidly in the vape market.
    They have no real choice if they want to stay in business... for 5 more months anyway....
    Obtaining vape stuffin the US is rapidly going to get more problematic in the 1st quarter of 2020.

wjugolfer99 and DonBaldy like this.
  4. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    My thought is if you are planning on buying more vape stuff before May... The sooner done the better.
    Things like this, vape suppliers closing and bleeding down their stock and such will only get worse as May approaches.

Looks like flavored sealed pods, cartomizers and disposables are going to be soon banned...

5. Wb80

Wb80 -DIY-demon- VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    There r checks like that already. I only had to do it 1 time. Send an id pic. Worked with all the sites i guess as i havent needed to do it since.

6. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Blue check was one that only with issues asked for id but when asked as a requirement upfront no thanks you can never secure it onces it is out there like that and if they are going to delete it then dont ask for it

The Cromwell and Teresa P like this.
  7. EdwinBetz

EdwinBetz Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    When I first started vaping, the very first online store I purchased from (Central Vapors), required a photo of me with my ID. I didn't have a problem with it then, so probably won't have a problem with it in the future.

If this is what it takes to get some of the negative publicity off vaping in general... I'm all for it.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

8. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    You just provide a picture of your ID with all info except address and DOB blocked out.

Amber Petti likes this.
  9. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    It's the ones that were wanting SS# that outraged me - photo ID, an annoyance but no big deal

DonBaldy and ajvapes like this.
  10. ajvapes

ajvapes Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    That's where I draw the line and will stop dealing with them completely.

wjugolfer99 and JuicyLucy like this.
  11. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Strange thing is that my SS card says 'for social security and tax purposes-not for identification.

JuicyLucy and ajvapes like this.
  12. ajvapes

Blog Posts:
    I thought I was the only person to read that....maybe it was deleted from newer cards.

The Cromwell likes this.
  13. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Still have my original card.

ajvapes likes this.
  14. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Also says do not laminate, but guess what :p:D

15. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    LOL Mine must be before lamination was invented? it does not say that.

ajvapes likes this.
  16. ajvapes

Blog Posts:
    still have my draft card too, last year they were issued....

The Cromwell likes this.
  17. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I think I tossed mine after I got a high lottery number.

ajvapes likes this.
  18. ajvapes

Blog Posts:
    what was you #,... mine was 356

19. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    289 I think

ajvapes likes this.
  20. wjugolfer99

wjugolfer99

Blog Posts:
    I agree no one should need your SS# other then health care and financial/ legal services.

21. PuffOn

PuffOn Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Just placed an order.
    Didn't need anything the article talks about.

SteveS45 likes this.
  22. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Didn't need anything when I ordered last time either.

PuffOn likes this.
  23. ajvapes

Blog Posts:
    I have not had to do id check for a while, I think they keep it on your account that you are verified.

PuffOn and SteveS45 like this.
  24. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    It was my first order.

25. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    perhaps they have an age check system that is still used but for those the age check system does not work with for some reason they use the photo id, etc method?
    hopefully that is how it is working.

PuffOn likes this.
  26. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    That is what most of them are doing these days anyways

PuffOn and The Cromwell like this.
  27. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Last time I went to order from the place in HI. Eciggity? they wanted all the photo id and such.
    I had ordered from them before...
    But no more.

28. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    They were the first ones to ask for SS# post 8/8 and I've never ordered from them again

Thought about if they'd backed down on the SS# thing - many of them did post 8/8 after people like me howled, but some stubborning cling to the age verification outfits that demand it

Never did it, never will

The Cromwell likes this.
  29. ajvapes

Blog Posts:
    Maybe we should be glad some one thinks we are under 21:giggle::giggle::devil:

JuicyLucy likes this.
  30. wjugolfer99

wjugolfer99

Blog Posts:
    Are there even any sites anymore with a simple age verification? I remember back when you hit the button saying you accepted you were 18/21* or declined you were too young and that was good enough.

31. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I think there are still some.
    But with the age 21 law they will all be doing better age verification soon if not already.

32. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, for sure since that is all I have seen for anything I have bought in the last year or so.

Amber Petti likes this.
  33. SteveS45

Blog Posts: