Become a Patron!

Ejuice smells like cat pee!!??

I have a couple flavors of ejuice by the same company that smell great in the bottle and taste good while vaped but the remnants smell like cat pee. The drip tip will faintly smell that way and anyplace a bit of juice has been spilled and cleaned up smells that way too. It's weird. I don't want to name it specifically, lest someone think I'm bashing. I'm not. On the DIY forums, I've seen a lot of posts about honey flavors smelling nasty, but usually while its being vaped. Is it possible this juice has honey as a component? I really like it, I'm just weirded out by the after smell a bit. I guess I'll go ahead and say that they are Adirondack Placid and Sagamore. Anybody else experience this?

its the cheap Nasty corn based VG Smells like a dog that needs a bath meets dog piss i just got some garbage from vista vapors like that I'm filling a dispute to get my money back yuk "they don't do refunds"

VistaVapors

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
its the cheap Nasty corn based VG Smells like a dog that needs a bath meets dog piss i just got some garbage from vista vapors like that I'm filling a dispute to get my money back yuk "they don't do refunds"

Hi! I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the flavors that you had ordered. I have spoken with our customer service team and they informed me that they had offered you a refund or a replacement if you would have sent them back to us as a courtesy. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they had heard back from you about these options. Apologies for any inconvenience. VAPE ON!

I have a couple flavors of ejuice by the same company that smell great in the bottle and taste good while vaped but the remnants smell like cat pee. The drip tip will faintly smell that way and anyplace a bit of juice has been spilled and cleaned up smells that way too. It's weird. I don't want to name it specifically, lest someone think I'm bashing. I'm not. On the DIY forums, I've seen a lot of posts about honey flavors smelling nasty, but usually while its being vaped. Is it possible this juice has honey as a component? I really like it, I'm just weirded out by the after smell a bit. I guess I'll go ahead and say that they are Adirondack Placid and Sagamore. Anybody else experience this?

Yes yes yes! I'm glad I'm not alone and/ or losing my mind ! I have been vaping for about 4-5 years and have experienced this phenomena recently. After reading the description of the one e-juice you name, I believe it is in the ingredients. I tend to only Vape vanilla, tobacco, caramel flavors. (Ie Alloy Blends Electrum -Vented)Recently I have noticed my truck smells like cat pee. Last night friend came over the house and when he entered the basement I asked him if it smells like cat pee in here he said No at first. Said it smelled nutty, but then free a few seconds he conceded yeah he could see how I can perceive it as cat pee smell.

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:( Oh...
Yep, some juices do leave a nasty smell. I will mention this one because it is no longer being made, but Cavi will stink up the room and your clothes. I love the taste and how it smells IN THE BOTTLE, but I don't vape it in public or at work anymore.

Yes yes yes! I'm glad I'm not alone and/ or losing my mind ! I have been vaping for about 4-5 years and have experienced this phenomena recently. After reading the description of the one e-juice you name, I believe it is in the ingredients. I tend to only Vape vanilla, tobacco, caramel flavors. (Ie Alloy Blends Electrum -Vented)Recently I have noticed my truck smells like cat pee. Last night friend came over the house and when he entered the basement I asked him if it smells like cat pee in here he said No at first. Said it smelled nutty, but then free a few seconds he conceded yeah he could see how I can perceive it as cat pee smell.

Actually, come to think of it the culprit is probably Vapetasia's killer kustard!
I actually started to notice it after I bought 100 ml bottle of this liquid!

Walter Ladd

Member For 4 Years
I had some vg that went sour on me that had been laying around for a couple of years. It had a strange acidic odor. Maybe the cat pee odor was old oxidized vg ???.

VU Sponsors