Become a Patron!

Ejuice smells like chemicals

rxmilitia

Member For 4 Years
So I just got my order in of ejuices,

All of them are green Apple or sour apple flavors because I’m trying to find the one I like best.

I got two ejuices that concern me lol

One of them (Bomb Bombz Green Crack) has the most terrible chemical smell. I can’t even describe it, It’s so strong. I got some on my hands because the bottle leaked a little and even after washing my hands twice I could still smell it.

I talked myself into trying the ejuice and it wasn’t nearly as bad as it smelled. However I could still get a faint taste of the chemical and it makes me nervous that there’s something wrong with it.
I’m curious if anyone has experienced such a strong chemical Odor in an ejuice before, And if steeping it longer than usual would help it out.

My next ejuice issue is next big thing green Apple hard candy. This one smells delicious, But tastes like chemicals...

If you’ve ever had your eyebrows professionally waxed, The boiling wax smell is exactly how this tastes.. with faint Apple undertones.

Both of these flavors were rated highly on various websites, Without a single comment on what I’m experiencing. The only thing I can think of is something happened in transit, I do live in Florida so they were in the hot mail truck all day. Would this have something to do with it?

Only reason I don’t just toss them is because they were the biggest bottles I bought and I can’t find any reviews that state what I’m experiencing

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, it sounds like they smell like paraffin. I'd suggest, before tossing them, just stick them into a dark drawer and let them sit for a month or so... they might improve a great deal.

Or, what might be faster is if you have someplace you can put them with their caps off for a whole day, or maybe 2-3 days. That's usually the best way to get rid of bad smells in ejuice. If you let them air out for a day or three and they still smell bad, give them another taste, but if you can still smell or taste the chemical smell/taste, then you probably might as well toss 'em. Or give them to someone who perhaps has a less keen sense of smell.

Andria

rxmilitia

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the reply,

I have a steeping box so I will give that a shot. It certainly can’t get worse lol

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could also try to soak them in hot water, then give them a good shake. Do this a few times to help speed up the steep. Also, that chemical smell? Hate it. After shaking, hold the bottle upright(if squeezable) and squeeze it to get the air out of it. Remember to shake first to get those bubbles up. You can also let the bottles soak with the cap off. Don’t leave the caps off long though. Maybe an hour at a time. But if you store them for a few weeks, remember to give them a violent shake each day.

VU Sponsors