Become a Patron!

El Cajon Police shooting

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
8b695cd76caa7a00808939c9db769bd9.jpg

Screenshot is where a 30 old man was shot dead yesterday by police here in El Cajon..Police say he pointed an "object" at them that looked like a weapon.. to me that object looks like a black box mod/tank seen here laying on the ground where he fell...looks like another unarmed man shot by the cops..the story is still breaking as demonstrations are planned for today..this time in my hometown.:(

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I would bet the farm that's a mod/tank, and unless he had something else on him that's scary stuff.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cops say he pulled it from his pocket and pointed it at them threatening with a two hands combat stance..scary indeed..this man may have been coming down off of m*th, and was homeless..story is still breaking this morning..

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Cops say he pulled it from his pocket and pointed it at them threatening with a two hands combat stance..scary indeed..this man may have been coming down off of m*th, and was homeless..story is still breaking this morning..

Yeah that's a different story, if I pulled my Reo out now days and pointed at a cop like a pistol I'd fully expect to get shot. Even if it is white and green.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pointing anything at a cop, mod or no mod is a stupid idea.

If you know that cops are trigger happy, don't mess with them.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pointing anything at a cop, mod or no mod is a stupid idea.

If you know that cops are trigger happy, don't mess with them.
Cops story is he pointed a object at them.
Witness's stories are he had his hands in the air..cops wear no body cams and the only cellphone video was confiscated by police..so who the hell knows for sure at this point...

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I were to make a guess I would say he held the mod in his hand and when the cops told him to lift his hands he did it with the mod still in hand, then the cops though he was holding a gun and shot him.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Big rowdy crowd protesting in front of the ECPD right now..
Saying the cops shot another unarmed black man for no reason..could get ugly..

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Big rowdy crowd protesting in front of the ECPD right now..
Saying the cops shot another unarmed black man for no reason..could get ugly..

Amazing how many of these ppl don't have a job. Or IS protesting their job...... Just another reason to act a fool.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amazing how many of these ppl don't have a job. Or IS protesting their job...... Just another reason to act a fool.
Homelessness is bad here bro, very bad..shelters are overcrowded and lots of homeless people are camping out in the bushes..lots of drugs, expensive cost of living and high unemployment all combine for crazies roaming the city these days..but no excuse for cops killing unarmed people..I think they could've tased him rather than kill him...just sayin

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Let's see, let's grab something that could be perceived as a weapon, not listen to the police instructions and then cry police brutality when the cops shoot them. Makes perfect sense to me. NOT!

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah they (the cops) shared a still shot from the cell phone footage. He was in a very threatening stance, looked like he was about the "fire" on the police. I think with this story, they had no choice. :( Sounds from the story that this guy was messed up on stuff. SMH I hate this world we are in now. I wanna go live under a rock. :sad:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
News is saying the cop that shot him has a history of shooting people..they say he should've been fired a long time ago..story is still breaking

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/28/us/california-police-shooting/

Here you can see the suspect looks life threatening. A cop has no choice but to fire away. No time to whip out a tazer.

I saw that picture too, and while a little blurry if someone pointed an object like that at me and I had my pistol drawn I would fire as well. Of course I could take another split second to see what the item was but I want to go home at the end of the day. Even though the last thing I would ever want to do is take someone's life.

I am sorry the person died but if you are ignorant or intoxicated enough to point any object in that manner at someone with a live weapon pointed at you...Well. Sadly though that will not be seen in that light by most. Because in the wake of some unjustified shootings there is too much anger to even agree that situations like this the LEO's responded accordingly.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
EC police just released the full video..hard to watch a man getting shot to death..

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Learned today the object pointed at the cop who shot him happened to be a mod/tank with a big bore drip tip..
Refusing to obey police commands the man pulled the mod from his pocket, using two hands to cover it up (except the drip tip) he took a shooting stance and it looked just like a large caliber hand gun pointed at the cop..
I think this erratic acting man decided suicide by cop..
I live in El Cajon and this story has been on the local news all day because of large crowds of protestors roaming the streets in our city..5O% believe it was justified and 50% blame a trigger happy cop..very sad what the world is coming to these days..

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If by drugs, mental illness or whatever the man who pointed the object in that stance got what 90% of the population would have done given the circumstances. Those protesting just have no empathy, if they value there life they would have made the same decision.

There is nothing wrong with questioning the government and law enforcement but pick your battles wisely, this is not it. While heart breaking for his family the officer also has a right to make it home safely at the end of his shift.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

RoadHouse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Learned today the object pointed at the cop who shot him happened to be a mod/tank with a big bore drip tip..
Refusing to obey police commands the man pulled the mod from his pocket, using two hands to cover it up (except the drip tip) he took a shooting stance and it looked just like a large caliber hand gun pointed at the cop..
I think this erratic acting man decided suicide by cop..
I live in El Cajon and this story has been on the local news all day because of large crowds of protestors roaming the streets in our city..5O% believe it was justified and 50% blame a trigger happy cop..very sad what the world is coming to these days..

Video of the man pointing the mod in a shooting stance? Sounds fishy and untrue. Police departments are under a lot of scrutiny so I'm sure he had to make it sound good.
Cop can't tell his chief that he had an unknown object in his hand and started firing... right?
The cops are very jumpy so I wouldn't want to be in contact with any of them period. Hell they just shot and killed a child at the park because he clearly had a toy gun.
It's a different world we live in now.

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Video of the man pointing the mod in a shooting stance? Sounds fishy and untrue. Police departments are under a lot of scrutiny so I'm sure he had to make it sound good.
Cop can't tell his chief that he had an unknown object in his hand and started firing... right?
The cops are very jumpy so I wouldn't want to be in contact with any of them period. Hell they just shot and killed a child at the park because he clearly had a toy gun.
It's a different world we live in now.

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

Meh. I have been pulled over twice here in the last week by the Texas State Highway Patrol, and let's just say when they run me all the flags come up to search even though they're over 15 years ago. And according to most TV shows/movies I look like you're average criminal bald head, long goatee, tons of tattoos, past record a cops dream stop.

But each time I immediately pulled over within seconds of seeing the lights(you know when it's about to happen), rolled down my tinted windows, shut the car off, turned on my emergency flashers, and then place my hands as high on the wheel as possible while I wait for them to approach me. When they ask me for my license and insurance I ask them if I can go into the console to retrieve it. All the while being polite and respectful saying yes sir/no sir even though I think being pulled over for a license plate in the front window or a third brake light when I have 6 more is bullshit.

Both times resulted in me getting warnings for the violation(s) even after the second officer told me he knew I had been warned for the plate before. And even got a few compliments on my car during the process as well as questions on what I had done to it. Much of the way any officer treats you is how you react towards them. But there are too many people who want to hold blacktop court and argue with them or flat out refuse their commands and this is where issues arise. Whether or not they are right or wrong they are in complete control of the situation in that moment, and the street is not the place to fight it out.

You are right though it is a different world we live in somewhere along the line people began to think that they can be rude, disrespectful, non-compliant, sometimes hostile to cops and magically walk away from it unscathed.

VU Sponsors