Become a Patron!

Eleaf Basal impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We start as usual by saying that this was sent to me free for review. It will not change my opinion of the mod.

Let’s begin by saying this is old school. Very old school. No TC. Simple menu. Bottom fill tank. Not big but bigger than the new breed of stealth capes (smok xbox, tarot nano, cuboid mini, et all). I’m really not sure why Eleaf came out with this TBH. I’m not saying it is a bad mod. But it is a beginner mod to be sure. The finish is nice. But … It does use 2 amp charging so an hour and a half you are good.

It is taller than most of new stealth vapes. It is not adjustable. It can take a small tank only as its thin. It has the USB on the bottom! WTF. Are we not past that? The 520 is gold plated. The response is okay. But … yes another but … .6 is the minimum coil you can use. So don’t think about putting another of your tanks on this.

The tank comes with a DTL coil .75 ohm and a regular MTL GS air coil. It is 1.2 ohm. You can adjust the tank for a very restrictive MTL vape. That’s good. You can open up the air flow for a mild DTL vape at about 25 watts. It only goes up to 30 watts anyway. The flavour is okay. The fact is uses GS air coils is goods - they are readily available at least and they are not bad. It breaks down fairly easy (four pieces) for cleaning. The AFC will not spin all around which is nice. You have a fair range of adjustments from four holes and an opening to just one hole.

Here is a pic …

9aofuu4.png

Here are the parameters of the mod …

Size: 36.6mm*15.0mm*76.6mm

Weight: 120.26g

Battery capacity: 1500mAh

Maximum charging current: 2A

Thread type: 510 thread

Output wattage: 1-30W

Output mode: VW

Resistance range: 0.6-3.0ohm

Colors: brushed silver, rose gold, gold

And the tank ...

Dimensions: 15 x 56.3mm
Resistance Range: 0.6 - 3.0ohm
1.8 E-liquid Capacity
Refined Airflow Control System
Optimized for MTL Vaping
Durable Stainless Steel Construction
Easy to Reassemble and Clean
New GS Air Coils
GS Air 0.75ohm Coil Head (8-25W)
GS Air 1.5ohm Coil Head (8-20W)
510 Threaded

Final thoughts …

It’s a decent beginner mod but it seems outdated. It has the feel of a mod from 2-3 years ago. It works. No doubt of that. There are no obvious issues. I used mic salt in it with a MTL set up on the AFC. It was a decent vape but nic salt is not that popular.

For the price it is okay. If you like the asthetics (some will find it nice looking), if you don't mind the USB on the bottom of the tank, if TC is not your thing and if a bottom fill tank is not an issue - you might like this. Ho hum. Not my thing.

Last edited:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This has got to be the most boring mod I've seen released in a while, just because it is aimed at beginners, it has to look so boxed boring, I sure hope they didn't pay someone to design the look of it :giggle:

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Looks pretty old school for sure. And USB on the bottom? Uhm ... ok ... so it's not a pas through and you need lay it on it's side, so tank has to come for charging I would guess, or you risk leakage. This tank looks pretty old school too. Not my mod or tank of choice, it may even be too simple for starters.

I'm with you on "why would they ...".

It looks pretty disposable. Perhaps a good travel vape if you are going somewhere where you fear it may be confiscated at an airport ... this happened to me once with a really nice mod ... never again!

@Nailz couldn't agree more ....

upload_2017-12-12_21-57-57.png

VU Sponsors