Become a Patron!

Eleaf BASAL Kit, A written review

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This Basal kit was sent to me from Eleaf specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, cause me to give this mod a favorable review or influence my opinion in any way.

Eleaf BASAL Kit

• Dimensions: 76.3 x 36.6 x 15.0mm
  • Output Mode: VV/VW
  • Output Wattage: 1 - 30W
  • Maximum Charging Current: 2A
  • Built-In 1500mAh battery
  • Stylish Looking with All-Metallic Finishes
  • 15mm Ultra-Thin Box Design
  • Portable and Easy to Use
  • Quick and Efficient Charging
  • Spring-Loaded 510 Connection
  • Over-Charging Protection
  • Over-Current Protection
  • Over-Discharging Protection

Eleaf GS BASAL Tank

• Dimensions: 15 x 56.3mm
  • Resistance Range: 0.6 - 3.0ohm
  • 1.8ml E-liquid Capacity
  • Refined Airflow Control System
  • Optimized for MTL Vaping
  • Durable Stainless Steel Construction
  • Easy to Reassemble and Clean
  • New GS Air Coils
  • GS Air 0.75ohm Coil Head (8-25W)
  • GS Air 1.5ohm Coil Head (8-20W)
  • 510 Threaded

How it is packaged:

The box has two tiers. It has a foam insert on the top where you will find the mod, and tank. When you remove the foam insert; you will find the instruction manuals, the USB cord and coil (1.5 ohm) also will have the spare parts that will include the drip tip. The 0.75 ohm coil comes installed in the tank. It is the Standard Eleaf packaging.

In the box
  • 1 × Eleaf BASAL Mod
  • 1 × Eleaf GS GASAL Tank
  • 1 × 0.75ohm GS Air Coil
  • 1 × 1.5 ohms GS Air Coil
  • 1 × QC USB Cable
  • 2 × User Manuals
  • Spare Parts
YallZMi.jpg
2Bhem1y.jpg

Description:

The Eleaf Basal is compact AIO VW mod capable of up to 30 W. It has a 1500mAh internal battery, 2A quick charge. It has a metallic and clean finish, very thin and is made for MTL vaping. You can choose Voltage, Puff, Time and a bigger battery bar on the display. It also includes a stealth mode. The GS Basal tank has a refined airflow that allows you to dial in your desired air flow, using a series of holes and a slot for the air flow. It holds up to 1.8ml of juice. It uses the GS Air coils.

The Basal comes in; Brushed silver, Rose gold and Gold.

Operation:

The Basal has a very simple menu system.

Turn on or off click fire button 5 times.

Turn on or off Stealth mode, hold fire button and the - button down at the same time for 3 seconds.

To change display to voltage, puff counter, or bigger battery hold down the fire button and + at same time for 3 seconds and select.

Tank:

The tank will break down into 4 pieces. It breaks apart very easy, you will have the base, coil, Glass, and drip tip. The glass is tinted to match the color of the mod and has Eleaf GS Basal printing on it. It has a airflow system that utilizes both a wide airflow slot as well as a series of tiny air holes. To fill the tank you unscrew the base of the tank and fill. You also change coils the same way. When first setting up the tank you will see there is no drip tip, it is packed in the bag of spare parts. There was no leaking noted during my time using this, once you install the base it seals everything up nice and tight.

YztvRpB.jpg

Coils:

The GS Basal tank uses the GS air coils. It comes with 0.75ohm (installed) with a rating of 8 – 25W and a 1.5 ohm coil rating of 8 – 20 W. I used both and both were flavorful. I found right around 16.3W while using them on this mod. It took a tank or two for these coils to fully break in, that is pretty quick considering it is a 1.8ml tank.
GmXhu49.png

Overall:

This is actually a good device for a beginner or a MTL Vaper. It’s extremely portable, thin, is easy to fill, and charges quickly. Over all it is a real classy looking mod. Even though it is only a 1500mAh battery you get good battery life. I was staying at 16.3W and it lasted all day. Charging only took just over a half hour. I like the fact that you get to dial your watts in where you the user like it. True it is only 30W but that is plenty for this set up. It is not meant to be a high wattage, big cloud machine. You get good flavor with this tank and the coils are very affordable. This is a MTL device, so thinner juice worked the best, however I did throw a tank of 70/30 in and experienced no problems while vaping. IMO Eleaf did a nice job with the Basal thinking of the MTL crowd and of the beginner wanting to stop smoking. It is very classy looking and you have a easy interface so not to confuse a beginner and yet are able to really dial in your watts and Air flow exactly where you want them.

I need to mention one more thing. The USB port, for some reason it is on the bottom of the device. You have to charge it when laying it down. Now the tank didn’t leak while I did this but I also didn’t want to try with a full tank.

qHv13PW.jpg

Buy from Links

https://www.eleafus.com/basal-kit.html

Coils:

https://www.eleafus.com/gs-air-atomizer-head-5pcs.htm

For our friends on the other side of the pond

https://www.eleafworld.co.uk/eleaf-basal-e-cig-kit-e-liquid.htmll

Thanks for reading

Ray

VU Sponsors