Become a Patron!

Eleaf iJust ECM Starter Kit 3000mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the iJust ECM Starter Kit 3000mAh from Elaaf. The iJust ECM Starter Kit 3000mAh was supplied for the purpose of this review by Eleaf.

https://www.eleafworld.com/online/eleaf-...00mah.html

Introduction

I do like Eleaf products because they do not just produce affordable products, the quality is such you get good value for money. Queue the violins, my finances mean if i wasn't lucky enough to get sent product for review i would buy their products because out of the lower budget devices in my opinion Eleaf don't disappoint and their devices last, in fact my first bought regulated device was the iStick 30W when it first came out and it still works like a trooper. The iJust ECM 3000mAh is their latest vape pen device which while being 25mm in diameter is a short height making it very pocket friendly and ideal for on the go. The device while being direct output the chip has a max wattage cap of 40w which means with the coils supplied with this kit for the most part you will get a 40w vape with drop off only towards the end of the battery life. The iJust ECM battery is paired with the ECM tank which comes with 2 0.15 coils, one mesh and one net so with what should be guaranteed flavour on the menu let's have a look.

In the Box

Contents:

Standard Version

1 x iJust ECM Battery(built-in 3000mAh Battery)
1 x iJust ECM Atomizer-4ml
1 x EC-M 0.15ohm Head(Pre-installed)
1 x EC-N 0.15ohm Head
1 x Spare Glass Tube
1 x QC USB Cable
2 x User Manual
Spare Parts

EU Version

1 x iJust ECM Battery(built-in 3000mAh Battery)
1 x iJust ECM Atomizer-2ml
1 x EC-M 0.15ohm Head(Pre-installed)
1 x EC-N 0.15ohm Head
1 x Spare Glass Tube
1 x QC USB Cable
2 x User Manual
Spare Parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The iJust ECM Kit comes in typical Eleaf cardboard box packaging with picture of the product on the outer sleeve. Once opened i was met by a very nice Vape pen battery and tank which were housed separately but look as if they belong together. The first thing that is noticeable is the large upside down Black Triangle fire button with Silver rim and translucent strip to the inside of the rim for LED lighting to shine through. The fire button protrudes a long way as it is flat fronted rather than following the contours of the tubular battery so is a real aesthetic feature. I received the Black version which has Grey design in the way of multiple short lines on the diagonal. Each colour version has it's own design, the other options are Gold, Blue, Silver and Dazzling, all versions come with matching iJust ECM tank. On the opposite side of the battery to where the fire button is in the same position is the micro USB port. The base of the device is a Stainless Steel section and on the underneath a printed Black design and central battery venting hole. The top of the battery has again a Stainless Steel section with texturing in the form of an interlocking design. The 510 plate is air fed and raised but so slightly it took me about 5 mins of trying to see if it was raised or not (it really is that slight), the 510 connection is both Gold plated and spring loaded. Around the 510 plate we have branding and safety stamps, now let's look with the tank screwed in place. The Silver interlocking design at the top of the battery and Silver base of the tank makes it look like the tank is interlocked on the battery and possibly an AIO device and the effect looks good, to also help break up the Black colour of both battery and tank we have a thick silver smooth band above the airflow control ring and another between the glass and the top cap. There is an arrow head on the top Silver band which shows where to push the top-cap for filling, the top cap is Black and smooth it both steps and tapers inwards to meat the Black, wide bore, high profile delrin 810 drip tip. Build quality is what i have become to expect from Eleaf despite not being expensive the quality holds up and as with tubular devices ergonomics are sound.

iJust ECM Atomiser Specs and Features:

Diameter: 25mm
Height: 54mm
E-juice Capacity: 2ml/4ml
Coil Type: EC-M 0.15ohm Mesh Coil(30-70W); EC-N 0.15ohm Mesh Coil(30-75W)
Innovative Mesh Tank with 25mm Diameter
All-new EC Mesh Coils
Sliding Top Filling Design
Adjustable bottom airflow
Thread: 510
Colour: Gold, Blue, Silver, Black, Dazzling

iJust ECM Atomiser Overview

The iJust ECM is a subohm tank, 25mm in diameter with a 4ml capacity, the EU version has a glass that tapers inwards in the middle to reduce capacity. Starting at the top we have an 810 drip tip with o-rings so you can use your own but only if they have fitted o-ring/rings. The tank has top-fill using a push open method to access the fill port, below the top-cap there is a clearly marked arrow head which shows where to push and the top slides open with nice resistance. The fill port is a reasonable size and when open if you look down the drip tip you will see a small hole to allow the air to escape while filling. The airflow is large dual cyclops with stoppers which adjusts with just the right tolerance and moves noticeably smoothly. The base has etched branding and safety stamps, the non-adjustable 510 pin protrudes but barely, certainly not hybrid safe. You get 2 coils supplied a pre-installed 0.15 mesh coil which i used which is rated between 30w and 75w and a 0.15 net coil which is rated between 30w and 70w.

iJust ECM 3000mAh Specs and Features:

Height: 87.5mm
Diameter: 25mm
Weight: 99g
Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0ohm
Battery: Built-in 3000mAh
Max Output: 40W
Lateral USB Charging
Four-colour LED Battery Indicator
Thread: 510
Colour: Gold, Blue, Silver, Black, Dazzling

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Using The iJust ECM

The device is the usual 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off, once on the ECM is a direct output device with a 40w cap so simply press the fire button and vape, that's it. The upside down fire button has a translucent strip which goes around the edge to allow for LED lighting to shine through, the button flashes various times when the device is first turned on and off and when a safety feature kicks in. The light also comes on solid while vaping and the colour it lights depends on the status of your battery. When the surround lights Green the battery is between 30% and 100%, when the light is Blue it's between 10% and 29% and finally when the surround lights Red the battery is at less than 10% and you need to think about charging. Although battery indication isn't bad on the ECM and i'm happy with the Red and Blue light indications it would be far better if there was 4 indications with one between 30% and 60%, i don't know whether just having RGB is slightly cheaper but even so it would be easy enough to have it programmed to have 2 lights come on together for example Red and Blue so the colour shining through the surround would appear Purple. The ECM has all the safety features you would expect which are, Over-charge protection, Under-charge protection, Over-current protection, Over-vape protection (15 secs), Low voltage protection and Short circuit protection.

Using Independently

Both iJust ECM tank and iJust ECM battery can be used independently of each other. The iJust ECM tank is a decent enough subohm tank with 4ml capacity (standard version), with available mesh and net coils. The iJust ECM battery gives a good on the go option for many 24mm an 25mm atty's with builds or stock coils suiting it's 40w output.

My Experience Using the Kit

The fire button i love you can't miss it and it is nice and clicky, when firing any delay is not noticeable. The tank has plenty of air which when wide open does reduce flavour but there is another reason for that i will get to. I like a restricted lung hit and found i only needed the airflow a third open and then flavour as you would expect from a mesh coil was very good. Vaper production is also good but it is a cool vape which is fine for me but won't be to everyone's liking. I found no noticeable drop off then suddenly with approx 20% battery left there was a reduction in power and both flavour and cloud noticeably reduced. Up until that point it gave a very good vape if on the cool side and when the power did reduce i found closing the airflow down to only about 10% open i was able to do a very loose MTL and it also brought the flavour back up to a reasonable level. As already mentioned both the battery and tank can be used independently so i tried the tank on a regulated device. Using a regulated device i found why flavour was down compared to most mesh coils when any serious amount of air was thrown at the coil, 40w is not where these coils shine, they are ok at 40w but i found they are best around the 50w mark, those liking a warm vape should love them around 60w.

Final Thoughts

A nice looking kit ok for someone who wants a grab and go simple pocket friendly device which is going to give good flavour and decent cloud but only if you like a cool vape and a very restricted lung hit as the coils are in my opinion 10w below their best (even liking a vape on the cool side) with the iJust ECM battery. and be prepared for a reduction in vaper production with the last approximately 20% of the battery life. The battery life will last most vapers pretty much all day and closing the airflow right down will give decent flavour when the battery power decreases. The option of using both tank and battery independently gives the kit great value for money but only if you fit the criteria mentioned.

0.3 build 40w great vape

Good build quality.
Looks nice in my opinion
Pocket friendly
Good colour choices
iJust ECM tank very decent
Vapor production good with full battery
Mesh coil good flavour with device when restricted lung hit
Mesh coil very good flavour at higher wattage (when tank used independently)
Expect Net coil performance will be similar (not tested)
iJust ECM battery will be good with other 24mm and 25mm atty's with builds or coils to suit 40w
Love the fire button
Good battery life
Battery status indication
Loaded with safety features
Plenty of air when fully open (if you like loads of air)
Top-fill, slide open system
Very good price

Dislikes

Coils suited to higher wattage for best results
Drop off in vape quality last approx 20% of battery
Battery status indication ok but could be better
Only suitable if you like quite a cool vape
Not suitable for high wattage vapers
In my opinion need some higher resistance coils to get the full potential out of this set-up

I would once again like to thank Eleaf for supplying the Eleaf iJust ECM Starter Kit 3000mAh for the purpose of this review.

https://www.eleafworld.com/online/eleaf-...00mah.html

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll buy one when it reaches the US.......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors