Become a Patron!

Eleaf iPower 5000mah TC mod "DEVICE TOO HOT"

I had the mod and the tank sitting on the bathroom counter and noticed it was sizzling. Keep in mind it was just sitting. I picked it up and pressed the button to see if maybe it was stuck. The device lit up and said "device too hot" flashed a couple of times and went black. Still sizzling even more now, I managed to get the tank off. The battery wouldn't come on even when plugged up. I put the tank back on and it began to sizzle again. Removed it and it's been cooling down. My fear is that it's going to explode. I'm certain its shot but just wondered if anyone else has had this problem?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I had the mod and the tank sitting on the bathroom counter and noticed it was sizzling. Keep in mind it was just sitting. I picked it up and pressed the button to see if maybe it was stuck. The device lit up and said "device too hot" flashed a couple of times and went black. Still sizzling even more now, I managed to get the tank off. The battery wouldn't come on even when plugged up. I put the tank back on and it began to sizzle again. Removed it and it's been cooling down. My fear is that it's going to explode. I'm certain its shot but just wondered if anyone else has had this problem?
I own 3 of these, and one of mine got wet which never worked again. Since the venting is on the bottom it may of gotten wet or retained moisture. Best to dispose it, and get a new one. They sell for around $30 or less.

VU Sponsors