Become a Patron!

eLeaf iStick 50w good box if you know what to do

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
20160111_201010.jpg 20160111_201010.jpg 20160111_201232.jpg 20160111_225931.jpg So Im putting this in this section because this is sort of a review but at the same time it is how to fix and care for your iStick.

So over all this has been an awesome box, especially now that you can get one as low as $25usd at some places. All metal construction, even the buttons. Usb rechargable which is great if you are in the car or worktruck a lot! Charges quickly and lasts a good long time. Rotatable screen, tells you the boxes temp, all the standard saftey feature ofcorse. One thing Ive learned though...DO NOT DROP THIS THING A LOT AND DO YOUR DAMNEST NOT TO SPILL JUICE ON IT!!!

So heres the story of my box.

It falls over a lot and Ive dropped it a few times, also I use it for dripping so I tend to spill juise on it a lot. It started to malfunction. The way it works is the ohm reader reads the coil and adjusts the voltage accordingly. I vape 0.4 at 40w so it adjusts my voltage to 4 volts different ohm coils give you different outputs. If i use a 0.6 ohm coil it adjusts to 4.4 v at 40w. So back to the story... Due to juice spillage, this causes juice to cake up and dry onto the circuit. Also dropping it caused 2 ground screws to loosen a tad. These things are not well seal and screws are not tighten properly from the factory. So if you buy one I sugest you immediately take it apart and tighten the 2 gold screws down snug then seal up around the top, bottom plates, 510 conector and buttons with hi-temp hotglue. Back to the story again!! mine was glitching up so i took it apart, unsoldered the wires from the batteries and the positive wire from the 510.(DO NOT UNSOLDER ANY WIRES FROM THE BOARD END! YOU MESS UP A SURFACE MOUNT COMPONENT GOOD LUCK GETTING THAT BACK ON!!) Then I removed the gold screws to seperate it from the top plate(which is also the heatsink) i gave the electronics a good 70% rubbing alcohol bath and light Qtip scrub to remove all caking and old heatsink compound. Blasted it with an air can, also gave the gold screws a rubbing, then reapplied heatsink compound (dont over due it. You just cleaned up a mess, dont make another) reunited the board with the top plate, gave it a light quish while making sure not to move it side to side(helps if you slightly thread screws in before pairing the board and top plate) then I tightened them down tight this time, resoldered the wires to the 510 and batteries and slapped it back together. Works good as new! Also I decided to sand and polish the case while I had it appart wish i used a different method of removing the black face plate as boiling it off caused it to shrink a little. But its good as new and ima try not to drop it and try not to drip juice all over it lol.

SO! Overall. Its a great device if you know how to treat it and if you know what to do when it gets funky! :)

Last edited:

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My 20s and 40s work, as does my wife's i50. Mine lost it's mind then went TULO.

@TwistedWires? Ice cream man? Wasn't there a though you meant to finish here?

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My 20s and 40s work, as does my wife's i50. Mine lost it's mind then went TULO.

@TwistedWires? Ice cream man? Wasn't there a though you meant to finish here?
Yes there was alot i meant to finish. My tablet musta pulled some funky s%#$! The lg keyboard keeps glitching. Luckilly i had everything save to clip board. The rest of the thread has been added lol. I didnt get to try the icecream yet i ended up spending a lot of money building a motor cycle lol

VU Sponsors