Become a Patron!

Eleaf iStick 50w.Im such a Newbie tho?

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok.Ive never been a cigarette smoker. But I came across a brand new VAPE left in bag on my hallways steps..( I live in a big building in Ny) so I had to be curious. Lol. I had to try this thing and it was delicious!!!
So I have a few questions. This was just 2 days ago. Is there a difference in the flavor and taste of the juice with or without nicotine? Why do some settings make me cough or make and burning feeling in my chest. I only tried 2 juices.1 with 1 without. And it seems the 1 without was sweeter and didn't make me cough. What I want to no is "Is it the settings of W. and the openin on the air vents ? I have the Arctic Horizon tech tank.
And thanks 4 any help! ! !

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wow... you have some generous neighbors!

Let me first start off with this... if you were never a cigarette smoker... I would stay away from the nicotine.
Yes.. there is a difference in flavor between settings, nic or no nic.
You'll simply need to experiment with different settings... start low... if you like that.. try it a little higher until you find YOUR sweet spot.
Vapers' Sweet spots are like fingerprints... no two are the same :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
IMHO, you should try to find who that gear belongs to as it is more than possible it belongs to someone that has been using it to try to keep away from smoking by using it.

And since you are a non smoker, probably not a good idea to be using a product that more than likely has nicotine in it.

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I took it apart
Peice by peice..and cleaned it with qtips.it was used maybe 1 day...and how would u possible expected to find the person? Do u no I live in Ny.in a 100 family unit. That's like finding a needle in a haystack my friend..

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
UncleRJ -Also we have ppl.that don't live here. They're the ones who loiter on the staircase..ya no what I mean? I always return cell phones tho.thats different and easily done.

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Let me first start off with this... if you were never a cigarette smoker... I would stay away from the nicotine.
You'll simply need to experiment with different settings... start low... if you like that.. try it a little higher until you find YOUR sweet spot.
So u mean low as in Watts. When I first turned it on.tje settings were on w.now they're in V.but the wattage is besides it.so low u mean like 2.0 settings is as low as it goes. It used to.go up to 50w on the lcdScreen .now its in V.-idk y or how to change it to the watt setting the way it was at first..
And it's not neihhbors..more like loiterers looking for a place to sit - in NYC that happens.. and its not a cell fone.so I can't return it...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So u mean low as in Watts. When I first turned it on.tje settings were on w.now they're in V.but the wattage is besides it.so low u mean like 2.0 settings is as low as it goes. It used to.go up to 50w on the lcdScreen .now its in V.-idk y or how to change it to the watt setting the way it was at first..
And it's not neihhbors..more like loiterers looking for a place to sit - in NYC that happens.. and its not a cell fone.so I can't return it...
Yes, the wattage.
This should help you getting your settings right. http://timbozero.com/wp-content/uploads/iStick-50W-user-manual.pdf

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started with a istick 50 so its not unheard of. And I am a non smoker, though I smoked cigars every now and again. Im not gonna beat a dead horse but in the vast majority of apts I can image, a sign on some common area with general info about it "vape device" with your number seems fair to me. They can describe it exactly if its theirs. Someone paid good money for it, I know I'd hate to lose mine.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Crystal Welcome ! That's a nice find lol. I live in Staten Island. If you are interested in vaping 0mg would be the choice for you. No need to put nicotine into your body if you didn't smoke. There's plenty of Vape Shops in NYC drop in on one and talk to them. Get a nice tank for it and try out some different flavors in the shop. Also they can give you some hands on instructions on how to use it. Vaping is a fun hobby and great for us ex smokers

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Go without nicotine...trust me it's an addiction you don't want. It takes 72 hours for it to completely be out of your system and on the 3rd day it gives you a massive headache that you just want some to make it feel better.....although after the headache starts you can't get rid of it any quicker even if you use nicotine......

Speaking from exp

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took it apart
Peice by peice..and cleaned it with qtips.it was used maybe 1 day...and how would u possible expected to find the person? Do u no I live in Ny.in a 100 family unit. That's like finding a needle in a haystack my friend..
If you have a main area where all the tenants walk to or through such as a mailbox with mail slots or a community center or office or something like that. Posting a notice with a brief description of what you found and a contact phone number. You can have the owner call you and have them tell you the color of it so you know it was theirs.

I would start by posting something in the exact area where you found it.

Hope that helps!

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started with a istick 50 so its not unheard of. And I am a non smoker, though I smoked cigars every now and again. Im not gonna beat a dead horse but in the vast majority of apts I can image, a sign on some common area with general info about it "vape device" with your number seems fair to me. They can describe it exactly if its theirs. Someone paid good money for it, I know I'd hate to lose mine.
I'm in Ny first off. Idk where u come from but there's no way I'm posting anything in my hallway for ppl that had no business here in the 1st place. That will just invite a few more loud annoying non considerate assholes that have no where to hang out to come in.My neighbors told me to throw it out ? Lol !!

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Go without nicotine...trust me it's an addiction you don't want. It takes 72 hours for it to completely be out of your system and on the 3rd day it gives you a massive headache that you just want some to make it feel better.....although after the headache starts you can't get rid of it any quicker even if you use nicotine......

Speaking from exp
Omgawwd!! Your amazing. I have a crazy headache that seems to not want to go away..I don't get headaches. Your soo right!! Thanks 4 the info.

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you have a main area where all the tenants walk to or through such as a mailbox with mail slots or a community center or office or something like that. Posting a notice with a brief description of what you found and a contact phone number. You can have the owner call you and have them tell you the color of it so you know it was theirs.

I would start by posting something in the exact area where you found it.

Hope that helps!
I yea..first of its a stairway that isn't used. We use elavators... Noone is allowed to loiter and sit on the steps if u don't live here. This was someone who was doing what they couldn't do outside in the park if u no what I mean.. didn't belong here in the 1st place
I'm in an upscale building where that's no allowed. Ppl get robbed by these assholes.My neighbors said throw it out. So I'm just keeping it. Case closed... like I said I'd it was a cell phone I'd call and find the owner. Did it b4... but I can't post nothing anywhere for strangers that don't live here and had no business here. Tenant assoc.said no.

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMHO, you should try to find who that gear belongs to as it is more than possible it belongs to someone that has been using it to try to keep away from smoking by using it.

And since you are a non smoker, probably not a good idea to be using a product that more than likely has nicotine in it.
The tenant assoc.wont let me post anything in the hallway.i asked yesterday
They said to throw it out !! that's because they say it will be encouraging strangers to continue to hang out in here. It's no one's in the building .I asked around.. everyone knows... . Just wanted to tell u I tried
But this is a private building and I'm a new tenant and don't want to really even be known here. I mind my business .especially where I live. Thanks UncleRJ.

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Countrypami- it wasn't a neighbor. It was someone chilling in the stairwell getting high or doing god knows what. My neighbors don't even no what vaping is.. lol !! They looked at me like I was holding a crack pipe !! Lol! It was so funny!!

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The guy in the Vape store showed me how to change the settings..I got it now.but still reading your link..thanks so much..

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, the wattage.
This should help you getting your settings right. http://timbozero.com/wp-content/uploads/iStick-50W-user-manual.pdf

I
I just noticed I may have replied to u in the wrong area.. I hope I posted it right ?
Hey Crystal Welcome ! That's a nice find lol. I live in Staten Island. If you are interested in vaping 0mg would be the choice for you. No need to put nicotine into your body if you didn't smoke. There's plenty of Vape Shops in NYC drop in on one and talk to them. Get a nice tank for it and try out some different flavors in the shop. Also they can give you some hands on instructions on how to use it. Vaping is a fun hobby and great for us ex smokers

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Breazy_Com
I live by the ferry terminal. I went to a new shop last night on Bay st.its a tattoo spot also. He charges 14$a bottle. But gave it to me for 10$. Does that sound right to u ? Why is it soo cheap on ebay and amazon?? ((Juice)).

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Countrypami- it wasn't a neighbor. It was someone chilling in the stairwell getting high or doing god knows what. My neighbors don't even no what vaping is.. lol !! They looked at me like I was holding a crack pipe !! Lol! It was so funny!!

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Because it costs 50 cents to make and isn't taxed. It's all marketing, retail, etc... You know pharmaceutical companies spend twice on advertising than on R&D...

UncleMike

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
stick to your local vape shops to buy your e liquid, I wouldn't buy any juices from Amazon or Ebay myself. Nice find btw :D

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Breazy_Com
I live by the ferry terminal. I went to a new shop last night on Bay st.its a tattoo spot also. He charges 14$a bottle. But gave it to me for 10$. Does that sound right to u ? Why is it soo cheap on ebay and amazon?? ((Juice)).
I think I've heard of the one one bay street but I've never been to that one. Don't mind the negative posts either you'll always get them. How many ml was the bottle 15ml? $10.00 would be a good price. Depending on the brand. There's a lot of good online retailers that offer big discounts and and sales you just need to know what brand and flavor your looking for. We all have wasted a lot of money on stuff we didn't like. There's places where you can try the juices before you buy them. I can give you 3 locations on Staten Island that are pretty good. Life made easier on Hylan Blvd, The Carter Vaporium on Hylan Blvd, Then there's Planet of the Vapes. You can take the train and get off the Hugenot ave train stop and it's right there. That one is helpful and good and you wont have to walk at all.

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dbc623029c2b4255a5160965a8c9a253.jpg

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont no why it's sideways?? I got them 5 for 6.95 from Amazon.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow thatsa great deal, let us know if they are good. Ive never vaped cinnamon but I hear it might be a pain to get the flavor out of your tank when u wanna change flavors.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are those eliquids or flavor concentrates?
I haven't used Lorann Oils but my guess is those are concentrates and you might need to mix that with some pg/vg before vaping it.

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I've heard of the one one bay street but I've never been to that one. Don't mind the negative posts either you'll always get them. How many ml was the bottle 15ml? $10.00 would be a good price. Depending on the brand. There's a lot of good online retailers that offer big discounts and and sales you just need to know what brand and flavor your looking for. We all have wasted a lot of money on stuff we didn't like. There's places where you can try the juices before you buy them. I can give you 3 locations on Staten Island that are pretty good. Life made easier on Hylan Blvd, The Carter Vaporium on Hylan Blvd, Then there's Planet of the Vapes. You can take the train and get off the Hugenot ave train stop and it's right there. That one is helpful and good and you wont have to walk at all.
As for ppl.that say dumb shit._Lol ...I don't care.Im good at humoring them... like I'm supposed to really go out of my way and post notices in my hallway vestibule... I'll get evicted for that!!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I dont no why it's sideways?? I got them 5 for 6.95 from Amazon.
These are concentrated flavorings. DON'T vape these. They're not eliquid. It's straight flavoring bases. Some use this brand to mix eliquid, some use them for candies and such.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As for ppl.that say dumb shit._Lol ...I don't care.Im good at humoring them... like I'm supposed to really go out of my way and post notices in my hallway vestibule... I'll get evicted for that!!!
Well I mean thats what a normal person would do in a normal neighborhood, but you have stated that since you live in NY the rules are different there apparently and that is fine. To each their own. Goodluck in your new vaping journey.

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These are concentrated flavorings. DON'T vape these. They're not eliquid. It's straight flavoring bases. Some use this brand to mix eliquid, some use them for candies and such.
my sister got them .It's listed under cape juice tho ?

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I mean thats what a normal person would do in a normal neighborhood, but you have stated that since you live in NY the rules are different there apparently and that is fine. To each their own. Goodluck in your new vaping journey.
Hey JohnC- I'm a true New yorker bae.. what can I say. When u live in Rome u do as the Romans do... it's all good.. thanks.

CryStalLuV545

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Am I posting these replys in the right places ??? I'm gr8 on Facebook but I'm lost on here ?? Wtf? .

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Am I posting these replys in the right places ??? I'm gr8 on Facebook but I'm lost on here ?? Wtf? .
Take your time and get used to the forum. We all started somewhere. There are a bunch of areas where you can post and read information. You'll get the hang of it. You're fine.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sent you a message you can take a look at it.

VU Sponsors