Become a Patron!

Eleaf iStick ... compact 20w box mod

moro

Member For 4 Years
The connector is definitely the weak link. I've been quite happy with it until a few days ago when i started getting the atomizer short. What seems to have caused mine was the pin getting recessed to the point it had deformed the seal underneath. This pushed the seal out slightly and allowed the pin to make contact with the body which was the short. My cheap fix was to put a small rubber seal in the bottom off the connector around the pin. It now fires reliably, tank fits snugly, and the pin and seal don't get displaced. But i shouldn't have needed to do this and did contact eleaf about it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The connector is definitely the weak link. I've been quite happy with it until a few days ago when i started getting the atomizer short. What seems to have caused mine was the pin getting recessed to the point it had deformed the seal underneath. This pushed the seal out slightly and allowed the pin to make contact with the body which was the short. My cheap fix was to put a small rubber seal in the bottom off the connector around the pin. It now fires reliably, tank fits snugly, and the pin and seal don't get displaced. But i shouldn't have needed to do this and did contact eleaf about it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

@moro That sounds like a real handy do-it-yourself trick. :)

Mind sharing where one can get such rubber seals, and what size should be used? Are you talking about something that looks like an o-ring, or more cylindrical shaped?

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya.. I (actually wife) has no problems yet... But dreading it if she does..

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Whiskey! Question for you? Does the Mini David have a airy hit or comparable to a Kanger Evod 2 with glass. I'm researching a gift item and needing some expert thoughts. http://sweet-vapes.com/aspire-mini-davide-bdc.html
Is this the going rate for a mini david?
I am planning to pair it with a Istick.
@Artemis its a bit airy, but with me my T3'D had a better wallop, stronger more power , I think IMO Kanger coils are better, That price is about what I paid as well.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just bought one of these for $17.73 (52% off sale at ecig.com). I also got an Aerotank Mini for $12.46. I hope I got my money's worth. :cool:

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went back later and again this morning to pick up some other items, but the discount would no longer work in the cart. Oh well, I can't complain.

richardrpsgt

Member For 4 Years
That sounds great. I'm relying on mine to last me until version 2 comes along. Im pretty much gambling on the rapid development cycle of the industry.
I still have some work to do on my analog family and friends before buying gifts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought about it for half a second before I hit add to cart. It could be the world's worst 20W mod, .

Really? I think it's fine for the price (I think I paid $30). I prefer it to a spinner type simply because of the tiny form factor. For the price and what it is, I like mine for a backup/whatever little mod!

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really? I think it's fine for the price (I think I paid $30). I prefer it to a spinner type simply because of the tiny form factor. For the price and what it is, I like mine for a backup/whatever little mod!
I think you took what I said the wrong way. I was simply remarking that for a sale price of $17 and change, I would pretty much buy any mod. As long as it worked for a few weeks. .

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dang, 18 bucks? Now I am gonna think I am idiot, if I plunk down 30 with freeshiping. I am hoping someone comes out with a tiny Mod based off the SX350 mini chip, very soon. I really want to move on from my current rattlesnake 333 PWM mod, to something small, but with clean flat watts to coil.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received my iStick from ecig.com (how lucky were they to get that name, eh?). It, and the Arerotank Mini that I ordered were packaged in a USPS bubble wrap envelope. The Areotank box looks pristine. The iStick box was a little crushed. When I opened the flap, the iStick, wrapped in a cellophane wrapper, just slid out into my hand along with a small plastic cellophane wrapper containing the adapter. The box was a cheezy little soft white cardboard box with no inner trays or compartments. The iStick was just flopping around in there. It was very anti climactic from an "I just got a new mod" perspective.

I am not a hobbyist vaper, nor do I collect mods. I have had 2 EGO twist batteries, and 2 MVP2s in rotation since I started vaping on 11/1/2013 (TODAY (11/6) is my 1 year non smoking anniversary!!!). I vape for the sole purposes of not smoking, and not voluntarily paying outrageous taxes. I learned of this mod when I happened to see this thread under new posts. I watched the PBusardo review. I have a BS degree in electronics, so I understood the mean vs. RMS voltage issue. I can live with it (for the older folks, it reminds me of Spinal Tap - "But these ones go to 11"). It was a goofball engineering move, but not the end of the world. These are glorified fog machines folks, not the fuel system on the space shuttle. The way he spoke about its compact size and battery life is what sparked my interest.

Someone posted the link to the $18 sale, so I bought one. My initial impression is that it has good build quality. It feels nice and solid. Silver was the only choice that I had, and it looks nice. For now. The size is fantastic. With an Aerotank Mini on it, it is barely bigger than an ego pen. This one won't roll of the desk. When I powered on the iStick, it read 1.6 ohms on the display. It also said 3.2V and 6.4W. I haven't done the math on it because I don't feel like it right now. I'm too busy vaping. I have been vaping this combo for almost 2 hours now.
The vape of this combo is fantastic. The Aerotank has great flavor and great vapor. Rattlesnake? If its there, I can't detect it. Overpowered? Seems right to me, but I powered it on and started vaping. I haven't touched a setting yet. Not once.

I would buy one of these in the $30-$35 and feel damned good about it. I'll report again later if I have any noteworthy updates.

Thumbs up to ecig.com - no issues, fast shipping especially considering how bombed with orders they must have gotten.
Thumbs up to the iStick - Don't sweat the small stuff with the numbers and PCM. It heats up a coil sufficiently to make a great vape even on its lowest setting.

Thumbs up to the Kanger Aerotank Minis. I love these things. Been vaping them solid for 4 days now. They just work (Once you get over the fact that you can't fill the suckers all the way up without a Q tip). No issues with dry hits, leaking, or gurgling. (I have used 4 Mini Protank 2s for a whole year with no issues also, so I appear to be the exception to the Kanger rule).

Whew. I don't do reviews, so that is what it is. Have a good day.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just received my iStick from ecig.com (how lucky were they to get that name, eh?). It, and the Arerotank Mini that I ordered were packaged in a USPS bubble wrap envelope. The Areotank box looks pristine. The iStick box was a little crushed. When I opened the flap, the iStick, wrapped in a cellophane wrapper, just slid out into my hand along with a small plastic cellophane wrapper containing the adapter. The box was a cheezy little soft white cardboard box with no inner trays or compartments. The iStick was just flopping around in there. It was very anti climactic from an "I just got a new mod" perspective.

I am not a hobbyist vaper, nor do I collect mods. I have had 2 EGO twist batteries, and 2 MVP2s in rotation since I started vaping on 11/1/2013 (TODAY (11/6) is my 1 year non smoking anniversary!!!). I vape for the sole purposes of not smoking, and not voluntarily paying outrageous taxes. I learned of this mod when I happened to see this thread under new posts. I watched the PBusardo review. I have a BS degree in electronics, so I understood the mean vs. RMS voltage issue. I can live with it (for the older folks, it reminds me of Spinal Tap - "But these ones go to 11"). It was a goofball engineering move, but not the end of the world. These are glorified fog machines folks, not the fuel system on the space shuttle. The way he spoke about its compact size and battery life is what sparked my interest.

Someone posted the link to the $18 sale, so I bought one. My initial impression is that it has good build quality. It feels nice and solid. Silver was the only choice that I had, and it looks nice. For now. The size is fantastic. With an Aerotank Mini on it, it is barely bigger than an ego pen. This one won't roll of the desk. When I powered on the iStick, it read 1.6 ohms on the display. It also said 3.2V and 6.4W. I haven't done the math on it because I don't feel like it right now. I'm too busy vaping. I have been vaping this combo for almost 2 hours now.
The vape of this combo is fantastic. The Aerotank has great flavor and great vapor. Rattlesnake? If its there, I can't detect it. Overpowered? Seems right to me, but I powered it on and started vaping. I haven't touched a setting yet. Not once.

I would buy one of these in the $30-$35 and feel damned good about it. I'll report again later if I have any noteworthy updates.

Thumbs up to ecig.com - no issues, fast shipping especially considering how bombed with orders they must have gotten.
Thumbs up to the iStick - Don't sweat the small stuff with the numbers and PCM. It heats up a coil sufficiently to make a great vape even on its lowest setting.

Thumbs up to the Kanger Aerotank Minis. I love these things. Been vaping them solid for 4 days now. They just work (Once you get over the fact that you can't fill the suckers all the way up without a Q tip). No issues with dry hits, leaking, or gurgling. (I have used 4 Mini Protank 2s for a whole year with no issues also, so I appear to be the exception to the Kanger rule).

Whew. I don't do reviews, so that is what it is. Have a good day.
good review. I was being somewhat ironic about the 30 dollars, free shipping vs 18 with shipping. The price difference is one trip to MacDonalds. I went to Ecig.com afterwards and did not even the iStick listed anymore, I am sure they blew out everything they had in stock. I compared a clean DNA type at 7 watts to a Sigelei Legend at 7 watts and could tell the difference. It runs at 33 hz, The iStick is supposed to be 44 hz. My next purchase is going to be DNA type clean output. I do think the spike and off and spike and off, does burn up the juice more than straight power. Enough to where I can tell in the draw. I sold the Sigelei 20W because it could not go below 7 watts, and sometimes I need 6. I also don't collect mods if able.

What is holding me off on the iStick right now, is I have a MOD, no spare, but its built very well and I don't see it breaking. eLeaf was asking for feedback for their version 2, just 3 weeks ago on Reddit. So I can wait. The Chinese should be savvy enough to release a crop of new things right in time for Xmas, buying session.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
good review. I was being somewhat ironic about the 30 dollars, free shipping vs 18 with shipping. The price difference is one trip to MacDonalds. I went to Ecig.com afterwards and did not even the iStick listed anymore, I am sure they blew out everything they had in stock.
It was my lucky day when they had that sale. Free shipping, too. The iStick / Aerotank Mini in the pic cost a grand total of $29.23. Can't beat that with a stick. :cool:

At to the clean DNA, 33Hz, 44hz stuff. That's all fine and dandy on paper, but when I hit the button, I'm getting a nice, tasty, satisfying vape. I'm afraid that if I start worrying about what's under the hood, the stress might make me want to start smoking again.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It was my lucky day when they had that sale. Free shipping, too. The iStick / Aerotank Mini in the pic cost a grand total of $29.23. Can't beat that with a stick. :cool:

At to the clean DNA, 33Hz, 44hz stuff. That's all fine and dandy on paper, but when I hit the button, I'm getting a nice, tasty, satisfying vape. I'm afraid that if I start worrying about what's under the hood, the stress might make me want to start smoking again.

i envy the deal you got (i missed out), but thanks for the great review (altho i already loved my iStick). :)

richardrpsgt

Member For 4 Years
Yup. If you're getting along with what you have there is no reason to jump. My wallet is startng to act funny, like it doesn't trust me.
My trouble is Aspire making a nautilus upgrade with sub ohm coils and apparently better airflow. If they only make sub ohm coils for this Atlantis then I'll have to get a new mod to run the tank.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got my ecig.com order in. The Silver I-stick is suppose to be a gift...No way! I'm keeping this one. I might have to buy another one in pink to give as a gift. I'm working this weekend so I'm bringing this to work with me. I can hide it in my scrubs without detection.

LOL!! I'm still kicking myself that I waivered too long on the ecig deal and it disappeared out of my cart...oh well:p

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True that Artemis, I bet there will be tons of holiday sales on them, I must not get tempted.:cool:

Kenneth98

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What's the package? Only the battery?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i am in need of help. one my cats knocked my iStick off the table. it still works fine, but the usb thingy came loose inside the base. now i can't charge it cause the charger won't engage. if i knew how to take it apart i might be able to fix it (but i doubt it), but the two screw in the bottom plate are alien to me. is there a screwdriver made that will take them out? any advice is much appreciated.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd be in the same boat as you Kelli if that happened to me, I bet one of the guys will come on with help, fingers crossed!!!!

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i am in need of help. one my cats knocked my iStick off the table. it still works fine, but the usb thingy came loose inside the base. now i can't charge it cause the charger won't engage. if i knew how to take it apart i might be able to fix it (but i doubt it), but the two screw in the bottom plate are alien to me. is there a screwdriver made that will take them out? any advice is much appreciated.

looks like you need a tiny allen wrench.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you're going to need a hex screwdriver with a small enough bit, or something like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-10-in-1-SAE-Hex-Key-Screwdriver-Set-48-22-2104/204221758

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok thanks guys. i guess i will just take it with me and ask a young man to find the thing that i need. otherwise i will be wandering aimlessly for hours in one of those monstrous stores. :p

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok thanks guys. i guess i will just take it with me and ask a young man to find the thing that i need. otherwise i will be wandering aimlessly for hours in one of those monstrous stores. :p

good luck! i hope it's EZ-PZ to fix! :)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After looking at my wifes,

Its a T6 torx (star)...

www.amazon.com/Micro-TORX-Driver-Bit-T6/dp/B001AH5FUC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1415489151&sr=8-4&keywords=t6+driver

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i can't be bothered sending it back and going thru all that rigamaroll. i will just see if i can fix it and if i can't oh well.

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i can't be bothered sending it back and going thru all that rigamaroll. i will just see if i can fix it and if i can't oh well.

ok, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm having an issue...

My iStick is allowing me to chain vape whilst the battery (fully charged) will last up to 48 hours.

53926-Crap-Im-In-Love.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Joe when I took the link it took me to VAPE NW It's 29
.00 plus shipping so I bought one, now if you take your link it goes to smartvape.com ??????????? Confused

Sent from my SGH-T999

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is the place the link in your email took me so I ordered
970dfe9f7737d9cd3a93d4304496c83f.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I take the link from your website it goes to Smartvape just wanted to let ya know.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I go to Smart Vapes and their price is 32.99 Im confused even more now as the place My email link took me is 29.99 plus shipping like Im ok with my Purchase just confused

Sent from my SGH-T999

VU Sponsors