Become a Patron!

Eleaf iStick Kiya with GS Juni: Written review

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This iStick Kiya kit was sent to me from Eleaf specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, cause me to give this mod a favorable review or influence my opinion in any way.

Specs:

• Size: 35.5 * 25.8 * 94.5 mm

• Liquid Capacity: 2 mL

• Battery Capacity: 1600mAh

• Maximum Charging Current: 2 A

• Output Wattage: 1-50 W

• Output Mode: VW/Bypass/TC (Ni, Ti, SS, TCR-M1, M2, M3)

• Resistance Range: 0.05-1.5 Ohm (TC modes) / 0.1-3.5 Ohm (VW/Bypass mode)

• Temperature Range: 100-315°C / 200-600°F (TC modes)
Kit Contents:

• 1 x iStick Kiya

• 1 x GS Juni Atomizer

• 1 x GS Air 0.75 Ohm Head

• 1 x GS Air 1.5 Ohm Head

• 1 x QC USB Cable

• 2 x User Manuals

• 1 x Set of Spare Parts

How it is packaged:

The box has two tiers. It has a foam insert on the top where you will find the mod and tank. When you remove the foam insert; you will find the instruction manuals, the USB cord and coil (1.5 ohm) also will have the spare parts. The 0.75 ohm coil comes installed in the tank.

5uT95tP.jpg
6FEWpLu.jpg

Description:

The iStick Kiya has a maximum wattage of 50 watts, and has a centered 510 pin. It features full temperature control suite (Ni, Ti, and SS), 3 memory slots and includes a bypass mode. It has a temp protected charging system along with a 2A on board charging. You can adjust watts in .1 increments and it will fire as low as 1.0 watts. The display is a nice 1.45” color screen that doubles as a digital or analog clock. It has a more of a firing bar on the side vs a button and will hold a tank up to 25mm without overhang.

The Kiya comes in Black, Silver, White and Green.

Operation:

The menu system has improved and it’s made to be simple. Click the fire button 5 times to turn on. Once you have it on, click the fire button 3 times in order to get to the main menu. Once there you use the plus and minus buttons to scroll. You use the fire button to make your selection. Everything else from that point is very self-explanatory and user friendly. To turn off you click the fire button 5 times.

Tank:

The tank will break down into 4 pieces. It breaks apart very easy, you will have the base, coil, Glass, and drip tip. The glass has Eleaf GS Juni printing on it. It has a airflow system that utilizes both a wide airflow slot as well as a series of tiny air holes. To fill the tank you unscrew the base of the tank and fill. You also change coils the same way. There was no leaking noted during my time using this, once you install the base it seals everything up nice and tight.

ItWC09B.jpg

Coils:

The GS Juni uses the GS air family of coils. It comes with 0.75ohm (installed) with a rating of 8 – 25W and a 1.5 ohm coil rating of 8 – 20 W. I used both and both were flavorful. I found right around 15.4 - 16.3W while using them on this mod. It took a tank or two for these coils to fully break in, that is pretty quick considering it is a 2ml tank.

GmXhu49.png

First Thoughts:

SO VERY TINY, you could very well loose it if you don’t remember where you set it down. I thought it was a bit too small in my hand; I ended up holding it more with my fingertips than with my hand. I was sent black on black and it is sharp looking, the sides are more of a black matte and have a coating on them for grip. The build quality seems to be good.

rYwOIeg.jpg

Talk about the Mod:

As it is in the box it is for MTL vapers and beginners. I stayed right around 15.4 – 16.3 watts when using the tank that came with it. Now since they say this is for either MTL or DL vapers I tried one of my tanks next. I increased my watts up to 42 and it worked just fine. With only a 1600mAh the battery doesn’t last that long and the power seems to be off, I never felt like I was getting a full 42 w at any one time. It does only take about 45 min. to charge back up. There was never a miss fire and it seemed to fire quite quickly. I cannot detect any button rattles and the mod does not get hot at all.

Now temp control; since it has it I had to try it. However I could never get it to work well enough that made me want to vape all day or even 3 hours using TC. I don’t have the equipment to test this and I will leave that to the ones who do but as stated above the power seems off and it is very inconsistent. I left the watts at 50 and there is no way it was putting out 50 watts while I was trying TC. I will say the couple hours I messed around with it I wasn’t kicked out.
Vh9aNJO.jpg

Y01fTrC.jpg

Overall

The iStick Kiya kit is a plug and play unit that can easily be thrown into a pocket. The centered 510, firing bar, big display (1.45”) and it is easy to carry around if you’re out and about made me want to like it. It is a kit for the MTL vaper or the beginner, if you are in need of a stealth vape this could easily fit that need. It does give the beginner the option to grow and try DL vaping if they chose to do so.

A few things besides the TC that I didn’t like were; the usb port was on the bottom and the size of the battery.

Buy from Links

https://www.eleafus.com/istick-kiya-with-gs-juni.html

Coils:

https://www.eleafus.com/gs-air-atomizer-head-5pcs.htm

Thanks for reading,

Ray

VU Sponsors