Become a Patron!

Eleaf iStick Pico upgrade problem

Trail

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all,

Today i got vape mail, the iStick Pico with melo III tank i got to test for my dad came in!!

So far so good, nice performance for such a small device, i did not expect.

My ex sister in law got hers by my recommendation today also. She will be happy.

However, tonight i decided to check the new firmwares. Thats when i ran into a problem.

When i connect the USB cable, nothing is recognized, no software is installed, no device pops up in device management. I tried two computers and two cables including the included cable. The PICO does start to charge the battery when connected. Strange.

And thus the Eleaf update program sais: Device name: None Device.

It does not detect a device. what the crap?

Do i need to dance around in circles while playing mozart with the buttons on the Eleaf in some special secret coded way for it to go into firmware mode? what am i missing here?

Regards,
~Trail.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey all,

Today i got vape mail, the iStick Pico with melo III tank i got to test for my dad came in!!

So far so good, nice performance for such a small device, i did not expect.

My ex sister in law got hers by my recommendation today also. She will be happy.

However, tonight i decided to check the new firmwares. Thats when i ran into a problem.

When i connect the USB cable, nothing is recognized, no software is installed, no device pops up in device management. I tried two computers and two cables including the included cable. The PICO does start to charge the battery when connected. Strange.

And thus the Eleaf update program sais: Device name: None Device.

It does not detect a device. what the crap?

Do i need to dance around in circles while playing mozart with the buttons on the Eleaf in some special secret coded way for it to go into firmware mode? what am i missing here?

Regards,
~Trail.
It says that when you download the file it has instructions in the download.

http://www.eleafworld.com/softwares-for-istick-pico/

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It could be an OSCAR issue.. my PC decides not to recognize mine on occasion....

Try the reset proceedure.... don't know if it was on the Web site or manual I saw it...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Trail

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It says that when you download the file it has instructions in the download.

http://www.eleafworld.com/softwares-for-istick-pico/
"Download the file here to find more instructions on using firmware V1.03."

Those are instructions on using the new firmware, after it is installed. And i've read them.

In the firmware zip files are no instructions included either, it contains the firmware .bin, a .bmp logo, and the .exe used to update, no other files present.

Nor is my question listed in the FAQ section of the website btw. Which made me even more concerned.

It could be an OSCAR issue.. my PC decides not to recognize mine on occasion....

Try the reset proceedure.... don't know if it was on the Web site or manual I saw it...

Reset procedure sounds new to me. trying to find more info on that. thanks.

~T.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Download the file here to find more instructions on using firmware V1.03."

Those are instructions on using the new firmware, after it is installed. And i've read them.

In the firmware zip files are no instructions included either, it contains the firmware .bin, a .bmp logo, and the .exe used to update, no other files present.

Nor is my question listed in the FAQ section of the website btw. Which made me even more concerned.

Reset procedure sounds new to me. trying to find more info on that. thanks.

~T.
I thought it was in the original pico manual...

When I get to my PC... I will find it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Trail

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nothing in the manual about reset. And one line about firmware updating. It just mentions that its possible LOL

Nothing in the manual about reset. And one line about firmware updating. It just mentions that its possible LOL
Hi! Did you solve this problem yet?
I am afraid my iStick Pico 75w is bricked. It won't start at all, and I'm searching for a way to hard reset it. Couldn't find anything by Google and found this thread. Would really appreciate if you solved this problem and could help me by tell me how you did it.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't want to sound like a smart ass, but make sure you are using a data cable and not a charge only usb cable. Yeah, I did that....:oops:.

You got a fake, mine did the same would not be recognized by usb. Returned it for a refund, bought from another supplier, now works fine and was able to upgrade firmware.

I had the same problem. Are you sure you checked if you have the pico or the pico 25? They use different software.
Hope this helps

VU Sponsors