Become a Patron!

Eleaf Istick Pico with Melo 3 and .25ω Coil - Problems moving up in wattage

I recently purchase the all black eLead iStick Pico with the black Melo 3 tank (like this) and so far have found it pretty good, despite a couple of leaking issues which i think were probably me accidentally refilling with the airflow open (lesson learned!).

However, I've been vaping it at 40W with the pre-installed .25Ω coil because I find if I push the wattage much higher (certainly if I go above 50W), the vape becomes a bit burnt-tasting and less flavourful. Reading around, my understanding is that higher wattages should lead to more flavour, not less and obviously starting to get a burnt taste is never good!

I don't think the coil is dying yet (I've only been using it for about a week) and I will try the other supplied coil (a .5Ω version I believe), so I'm wondering if my expectations are just off - should I be able to move up in wattage with this setup and expect good performance? Is it possible I just have a bad coil (it vapes just fine at 40W) and what alternative coils should I consider if not just more of the same ones which came with the unit?

Appreciate any advice or suggestions, thanks in advance!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First you've been missing understanding what your are reading.....

In general. Flavor is found at lower wattages than clouds....... the Mello tank isn't the best tank in the world for making good flavor. Also FWIW most atties that come with a mod really are not the best atties out there.

There are like 30 different versions of the coils used in that tank for a reason.. yes the one you have could be bad or just not for you.

I tried just about every coil I could find that fits. I ended up making my own coils.... and getting another atty to use with the mod.....

I LOVE MY PICO hate the Mello.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mello 3 that comes with the Pico isn't that good of a tank. The coils that come with it shouldn't be pushed to higher wattages. I'd keep it around 45W. The air-flow is restricted too the way its designed.

I'd put a baby beast on there if I were you. Thats what I run on my Pico. For an RTA I use a Griffin 22. Both work great.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What wattage are you trying to vape at or want to vape at? Then a mentioned above go and get a tank that will work for those wattages. Last tank I had on mine was a Baby beast also, then went back to the supper tank mini. Then just started building my own, something you might want to look into. You wont be tied to those coils.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I highly recommend the Aspire EVO coils for that tank. Better flavor and air flow. Run them at 40 - 45 watts.

VU Sponsors