Become a Patron!

Eleaf istick rim c review

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I received istick rim c from sourcemore for the purpose of this review.

Istick rim s mod colors:

- Gradient blue
- Gradient red
- Matte black
- Obsidian blue
- Rainbow
- White

nZlfkoB.jpg

Specifications and features:

- Size: 35mm x 30mm x 82mm
- Wattage: 1-80W
- Battery: 1 x 18650 (Not Included)
- Resistance Range: 0.05Ω-3Ω
- Type c and 2A fast charging
- Ergonomic and compact design
- Multiple protections

In the box:

- iStick Rim C
- USB Type-C Cable
- User Manual
- Warranty Card

x0Sc4JW.jpg

Istick rim c mod is powered by one 18650 battery and this mod works from 1-80w, it supports few working modes. I really like design of this mod, in my opinion it looks really nice and I really like mod in blue color but you can buy this device in 6 different colors. Shape of the mod is really good, mod is very comfortable for using and it feels nice in the hand. Eleaf rim c kit is made from plastic mostly. On the mod you can see some details, on one side of the mod you can see "Eleaf" and on the other side you can see "iStick rim c".

biBD68k.jpg

From the top of the mod you can see connection and here we have gold plated spring loaded 510 pin. Threads here are good and I didn't have any problems with atomizers. I really like how connection looks because you will not scratch the top part of the mod with atomizers, this is great. On this mod you can use atomizers up to 26mm in diameter without overhang which is great.

pDyFVTf.jpg

From the back of the mod you can see some rubber which I like, I like that rubber here because mod stays perfectly in the hand. From one side of the mod you can see removable panel that stays in place very good because of two strong magnets. On the bottom of the panel you can see slot so you can take it off using your fingernail. Panel stays really good in the place which is really good, there is no any play. When you take off the panel you can see engraved inside how to place the battery. Also inside we have ribbon so we can easier take the battery from the mod. It is a little bit harder to put battery inside because spring loaded positve contact is a bit stiff but once when you put the battery inside and when you shake the mod there is no any rattling which is good.

From the front side of the mod you can see fire button, screen, plus and minus buttons and also you can see usb port.
This device has usb c port and if you want you can use this port to charge your battery, this mod supports 2A fast charging, but as always I suggest you to charge your batteries in external charger. The fire button on this device protrudes and it is clicky, it works good and without any problems. Plus and minus buttons also works without any problems so far.
Screen on this device is 0.69inch and brightness of the screen is good, you can see everything on the screen without problems.

uk5F67g.jpg

LEAzXRa.jpg

13vFDs6.jpg

To turn on the device you need to click 5 times on the fire button, you need to do the same to turn off the device.
When you turn on the device in power mode on the screen you can see:

- Battery indicator
- Coil resistnace
- Puff counter
- W

To change the working mode you need to click 3 times on the fire button and you can choose from:

- Wattage
- Bypass
- Temperature ni
- Temperature ti
- Temperature ss
- Temperature m1
- Temperature m2
- Temperature m3

If you hold plus and fire button you will enter the menu and in the menu you can set screen time, you can see battery voltage, you can choose what will be on the screen (puff counter, puff time, volt), also you can see software version. When you hold plus and minus buttons you will lock plus and minus buttons but you will still be able to vape, you need to do the same to unlock plus and minus buttons.

Device protections:

- Over-charge protection
- Over-discharge protection
- Over-current protection
- Over-time protection
- Short Circuit protection
- Reverse Polarity protection

How this device works and my thoughts:

Istick rim c mod is available in 6 different colors which is really good. This device is mostly made out of plastic and it is lightweight without battery. I really like design of this mod, panels looks really nice and it looks especially nice in blue color and it looks really nice with blue atomizer on the top. Mod is very comfortable for using, it feels really nice in the hand and it also stays nice in the hand because of rubber from the back. The battery door stays really nice in the place and there is no any play here because of two very strong magnets. This mod is powered by one 18650 battery, plus pin is a bit stiff which makes harder to put battery inside, not a big deal, but still for someone this will be a con. Fire button and plus and minus buttons works really good and I didn't have any problems. This mod has usb c port and it supports fast charging but as alwasy I suggest you to charge your battery in external charger. Mod has really nice connection on the top and because of that you will not scratch top part of of the mod with atomizers which is really good. On this mod you can use atomizers up to 26mm in diameter without overhang which is nice. Brightness of the screen is good and you can see everything good on the screen. This mod also supports few working modes and in the menu we have some interesting options. Mod works good as any other eleaf mod, I didn't have any problems so far and I am happy with this mod.
So, rim c mod is very solid mod that works really fine, as you would expect from eleaf and if you like eleaf products you can buy this one for sure.

Cons:

- Spring loaded positive contact is a bit stiff

Pros:

- Color options
- Lightweight
- Atomizers up to 26mm in diameter without overhang
- You will not scratch top of the mod with atomizers
- I like the design
- It is comfortable for using
- Fire button and plus and minus buttons works good
- Brightness of the screen is good
- Mod works good