Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello fellow vapors,

The Joytech Eleaf Istick has just been released and I want to share with all of you this amazing revolutionary device that people are raving about. At first it totally missed my radar because I'm always very busy and don't have time to keep up with the latest gadgets but this little gem was well worth the wait. A friend emailed me and said you have to check this out so I did. The i Stick has got to be the most awesome mod I have ever come across and when you actually see it and hold it in your hand you are filled with great joy and excitement because those of us who came from the standard 3.7V batteries and the Spinner/Twists know about the huge progress being made in the electronic cigarette industry.

I'm a lover of box mods and frankly feel that they are the best out there. I have tried the MVP 2, Reo and Hannah and all of them were great, especially the MVP 2 given the affordable option of purchasing a full kit for anywhere between $40-50. But this iStick is just incredible because it gives you an enormous amount of power and its size is dazzling to behold. Picture two cigarette lighters being placed side by side and you have the entire scope of the iStick, it's literally that small and fits in the palm of your hand. When you place it next to the Nautilus it's about the same size maybe slightly larger and it is also extremely light. I held it in my hand and it felt real good much lighter than the MVP and Hannah. It comes in several different colors which give off some nice eye candy and bound to turn people's heads. So I thought to myself if it's this light and portable something has to be wrong or it must be poorly made, I couldn't have been more wrong, it's 100% solid and engineered to the nines. This is a vapor beast in miniature form with a built in 2200 milliamp battery going up to 20 WATTS and 5.5 VOLTS with 510 threading. I think it looks awesome with Aspire and Kanger tanks. So given all the positives I struggled to find some negatives, well it can't sub ohm so if you build your own coils and are rigid to that it won't work IF you sub ohm but most usually vape anywhere between 1 through 3 ohms so no problem. Some people have went through Ebay to get them and have had very bad experiences so I would never suggest auction sites unless I KNOW for a fact that the seller is honest, ethical and reliable. I don't deal with E-Bay because I don't have time for aggravation and risk getting a clone or knock off that will break within the week.

I do business with only the best vendors and AFTER having experienced them and their service make a recommendation to you my fellow vapors. We are the revolution and you deserve the best, it's as simple as that. So having said that, you can pick up the i Stick from www.evape.us for a very reasonable price $35 and they offer free shipping. This is a full kit so you get it all. It just went on sale today, so I wanted to let you guys know right away since so many people have been asking me about them. Get one, two, three, four how many you like for yourself and your friends. Just don't buy them all because I want a few as well. I purchased from these guys before and friends have also, very honest hardworking people who are driven to help others to stop smoking. Customer service is top notch. I get my orders filled and delivered within four days, that is beyond excellent in my experience. Glad to help. The vapor family helping one another is what it's all about.

Cheers to the Revolution!

2014-09-29181206.jpg

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am going to strangle the mailman if he forgets to stop at my office AGAIN!! mine ahs been out for delivery since SATURDAY!!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What material is the 510 threading and is the positive pin adjustable or spring loaded?

The threading appears to be stainless steel and is very durable you won't have problems mounting your tank, it also comes with an adapter. You can always get a stand alone 510/510 adapter if overly concerned about stripping threads but I don't see a need for it. The threading is very good and appear better than the MVP. None are spring loaded to my knowledge. Adjustable pin will vary. Some have them while others do not. I haven't heard anyone having problems making a solid connection and the gap, if any, is minor. The atomizer reading is on the marker much more accurate than the MVP and power regulation is solid throughout the life of the battery. It's a very good mod all around.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am going to strangle the mailman if he forgets to stop at my office AGAIN!! mine ahs been out for delivery since SATURDAY!!

Wow that's not good.:( USPS can get delayed especially since the holiday on Monday. Have them hold it at the post office and pick it up after work. Hope you get your iStick soon:)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The threading appears to me to not be stainless steel. If it's not that's a deal breaker. Non adjustable pin is also a deal breaker. So I guess no deal then. I hope I don't seem rude, but I'm done with soft, non adjustable connectors. Too many other options.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i hope joy tech takes phil's advice on the rms adjustment, moving back 510 (for 22mm attys to not hang) and spring load it

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The threading appears to me to not be stainless steel. If it's not that's a deal breaker. Non adjustable pin is also a deal breaker. So I guess no deal then. I hope I don't seem rude, but I'm done with soft, non adjustable connectors. Too many other options.

No you weren't rude at all. I perfectly understand your concerns it's not going to meet everyone's specifications. I really like this mod and it gives a very good vape. The price and all that you get is really good IMO. I think it will last a very long time and lots of people are very happy with it. Good luck in your search.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Quick note: If anyone is looking for spring loaded pin the 15W E-LVT box mod has that and it has measurable water resistance certification, not drowning underwater of course but light rain etc. Good mod and very strong. I prefer the iStick over all the mods out there. It's everything I was looking for in a box mod and then some. A friend of mine loves the E-LVT. Good to have choices and find what works best for you. I used to refer people to the MVP because it's a great long lasting mod but now the iStick will be the better choice and will set the bar high for others to follow. It looks awesome as well. My vaping addiction has taken full brace of my soul:D

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
See the other thread for details of the error between what it says it outputs, and what it actually outputs.

Of course, if you're happy with the range it does actually output, with the coils you want to use, then that's great :)

i hope joy tech takes phil's advice on the rms adjustment, moving back 510 (for 22mm attys to not hang) and spring load it

I don't think there's room to move the 510 inwards - hold an 18650 battery up against it to compare and you'll see!

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Aerotank Mega has slight over hang at 22mm diameter but works perfect on the iStick no problem at all. Gives a great vape. You can use many tanks with smaller diameter as well to sit more flush.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think there's room to move the 510 inwards - hold an 18650 battery up against it to compare and you'll see!
well then tune the chip to rms and spring load it, im sure there will be an updated version that will kick so much ass

as far as the current version i still think an istick with nautilus mini is the best starter kit on the market right now, and goes for basically what i paid for my first ego starter kit lol (yes i got ripped off)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's some info I hope others will find helpful with regard to good tanks to use with the iStick.

Nautilus Mini by Aspire 19mm diameter
Vivi Nova-S by Aspire 19mm diameter (my personal favorite)
Both Davide tanks standard and (mini 14.5mm diameter
Kanger V2 Aerotank 19mm diameter
Kanger Aerotank V1 18.35mm diameter
Kanger Protank 3 18.6mm
Kanger Mega 22mm with slight over hang but works great

Virtually all the mini tanks will fit without a hitch in addition to the once mentioned above. There is always room for improvement with any device on the market that's a given and something I have noticed through the years of vaping. Perhaps the iStick V2 will be released in 6 months with few minor tweaks but for the most part they nailed it from the get go. A larger battery capacity is always nice and spring loading center pin but personally I can live easily without either. I can get two days of good moderate vaping on a full charge something I couldn't get with the Innokin V3 or the spinners and neither possess 20 WATTS of full power, 2200 milliamp battery, awesome eye candy and small form factor of the iStick. As well as easy an easy menu button navigation on sharp OLED screen. You can also pass thru if that's your thing while sitting at your computer. $35 is a SUPER DEAL. This thing delivers all the way and you don't have to shell out over $200 for a Provari. I like the iStick better personally and it's affordable to most people who can't afford high priced mods. Bottom line it does what it's supposed to do and do it superb. Now the struggle will be choosing colors. That Fuchsia or Magenta looks very nice and you don't need to wear a dress to have it:p

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Protank 2 is 18.5mm and overhangs by a barely detectable 0.5mm.

(Not really recommending that unless using a high-ohm or rebuilt coil though, IMO. It's just about OK with a stock 2.2 ohm coil that actually reads 2.4 ohm, but still a bit too hot for me).

Anything over 17.5mm will overhang the display edge, and anything over 21mm will overhang the other edges.

Hmm, "best starter kit" could be a very long argumentative thread all by itself!!

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bottom line it does what it's supposed to do and do it superb.

Mostly, yes. But in the important matter of power output, it does NOT do what it's supposed to do.

For a typical 1.8 ohm coil, you get a range of 9.7 to 17.7 Watts in reality. NOT the 5.0 to 16.8W it says you get.

I hate to keep going on about it, because it sounds like I hate the device, which I don't. But I think it's important for anyone considering buying one to know what they're getting.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you spiffin the Istick or the vender??? LOL

Vendor is good and highly recommended. I'm spiffin the iStick more that's where true intimate love comes in. I have taken my vows:)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I GOT IT!!! also got a nautilus mini to go with it, all I am gonna say is I LOVE IT!! My husband can now have his Provari back!!

finally! i knew you would love it. :)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mostly, yes. But in the important matter of power output, it does NOT do what it's supposed to do.

For a typical 1.8 ohm coil, you get a range of 9.7 to 17.7 Watts in reality. NOT the 5.0 to 16.8W it says you get.

I hate to keep going on about it, because it sounds like I hate the device, which I don't. But I think it's important for anyone considering buying one to know what they're getting.

well there's somethin' ya don't see every day....an anal retentive hermit! :p

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I get around 9 to 16.9 Watts on a 1.8 ohm coil and the vape is great. I'm not sure entirely how precise that is, or supposed to be, as I never felt the need to go that technical in specification and detail. All that matters is that I get a good vape and it delivers in that area solid.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered another one for a friend and 1 for my boss (i see a raise in my future lol)

You are very kind. I'm sure they will reward you when you least expect it if anything you are helping them go smoke free, that is an unconditional reward in itself. What colors?

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You are very kind. I'm sure they will reward you when you least expect it if anything you are helping them go smoke free, that is an unconditional reward in itself. What colors?
Blue and silver, I already got my boss to start vaping last year started him with the innokin vv now he wants better I think I will add the mini nautilus to them as well (boss still uses the evod yucky one). I didn't do it for a raise LOL i just got one with a bonus so I am happy there

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I GOT IT!!! also got a nautilus mini to go with it, all I am gonna say is I LOVE IT!! My husband can now have his Provari back!!

I gave away my Provari mini to a friend as a gift a while back still under Provape warranty. I don't miss it at all to be honest. The iStick changed everything. I love it with the Aspire Vivi Nova-S tanks. Nautilus is alright just not my favorite. The new BVC coils for the BDC clearos are super performers. I wish we all had these accessories back when Blu and Greensmoke came out. I wasted so much money on junk now that I look back and see what newbies have to work with today. The Revolution is real now people can switch over and never look back. I relapsed consistently on Blu, they really were garbage along with the single disposables at gas stations (yuk)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Blue and silver, I already got my boss to start vaping last year started him with the innokin vv now he wants better I think I will add the mini nautilus to them as well (boss still uses the evod yucky one). I didn't do it for a raise LOL i just got one with a bonus so I am happy there

Those are cool colors I think I'm more partial to the silver. That magenta or fuchsia looks damn good too. I have male friends who adore that color, they were worried it might look to feminine:D I still like the EVODS but in Spinner form by Kanger. The IPOW 2 is on my radar. For now I have to practice self control and it is very hard with all the goodies being released.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I get around 9 to 16.9 Watts on a 1.8 ohm coil and the vape is great. I'm not sure entirely how precise that is, or supposed to be, as I never felt the need to go that technical in specification and detail. All that matters is that I get a good vape and it delivers in that area solid.

Well that's kinda my point - you shouldn't have to go into this much detail or technical info!

I'm doing my best to try and present it simply - it's not ME that makes it complicated, it's the iStick!

For example, with your 1.8 ohm coil, if you set it to 9W, you'll actually get 13W. If you actually want 9W, tough luck, it won't go that low!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think at the rate these iSticks are selling they will be sold out in no time and I will likely not get the colors I want when I need them but they'll restock so that's a good thing. This is a good vendor and very reliable so I wanted to make sure you guys got a good deal and not have to go through Ebay nonsense and get stuck with a broken unit or some junk knock off. A friend ordered from Ebay weeks ago and still waiting for her stick. I like the Eleaf clearos as well they are cheap under $10 and hit great. Just wish they were a little bigger but hey they're Pyrex and look rich. Eleaf is making me a big fan of their products. It's always good to help others and that Karma always comes back. I hope government stays out of the industry and doesn't start imposing taxes and restrictions. I always worry about that since big tobacco corporations aka lobyists want to regulate everything and anything.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well that's kinda my point - you shouldn't have to go into this much detail or technical info!

I'm doing my best to try and present it simply - it's not ME that makes it complicated, it's the iStick!

For example, with your 1.8 ohm coil, if you set it to 9W, you'll actually get 13W. If you actually want 9W, tough luck, it won't go that low!

Not to worry. Whatever minor glitches exist as they do with all devices they will be addressed in the future. For now I'm very happy with the iStick and seeing so many satisfied people in the community and elsewhere shows great promise. This is one box mod that will be hard to put down. As long as I get a good vape and continue to do so that's all that matters and all that should matter. I hope that in future releases they don't alter the size because it is perfect the way it is to me.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking about the future release of iStick and what I would like to see. I think this version is excellent and I love it but if it can be improved which all things can, maybe include a removable battery for the next release? I mean this stick will last a year or longer no problem and that's great. For the price you get your money's worth ten fold but I still would like to expand on it for the future so long as they keep the size the same. Also, how about more colors to choose from? I want a dark green stick something with a jungle aesthetic. Oh by the way this place www.jwraps.com now has some sharp wraps for your stick I'm going to have to get some to customize and make it shine even more. Friends ordered from them before and said they do great work and the skins are perfectly cut to fit the contour. $14 is good price for nice skin. I think I'll get a dolphin because I like them a lot but got a feeling they don't have a design just yet. An external battery is the only thing I would like to see with spring center pin and that's it.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This device has a lot going for it but i am interested in it's battery longevity capability and that will not be known for quite a while . If it proves to last as long as some others with a similar design it will be even more impressive.

If it proves to lose it's charge holding ability only after 3 or 4 months that will make a big difference to me since i am getting superb longevity with no drop off in performance after a year with my MVP's.

Of course i follow a specific charging routine that maximizes the battery life on them and don't just charge it when it when it craps out so thats a factor . You can definitely add months to the life of these types of batteries if you read the recommendations at "Battery University".

I know some have said if it last two months thats good enough for me and that maybe so but it's not good enough for me , i look for maximum value and long life when i buy vape stuff , i expect 7 to 8 months of constant use , then i would be very pleased.

If these iLeafs turn out to last as long as the MVP's they will be unbeatable (until the new MVP comes out at least)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking about the future release of iStick and what I would like to see. I think this version is excellent and I love it but if it can be improved which all things can, maybe include a removable battery for the next release? I mean this stick will last a year or longer no problem and that's great. For the price you get your money's worth ten fold but I still would like to expand on it for the future so long as they keep the size the same. Also, how about more colors to choose from? I want a dark green stick something with a jungle aesthetic. Oh by the way this place www.jwraps.com now has some sharp wraps for your stick I'm going to have to get some to customize and make it shine even more. Friends ordered from them before and said they do great work and the skins are perfectly cut to fit the contour. $14 is good price for nice skin. I think I'll get a dolphin because I like them a lot but got a feeling they don't have a design just yet. An external battery is the only thing I would like to see with spring center pin and that's it.

It's very obvious your a fan to the extreme but you can't make statements like "this will last a year no problem" when thats impossible to know and prove due to it's release date. Way way too early , if it turns out it falls far short your future comments will never be taken seriously , why put yourself in that position.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's very obvious your a fan to the extreme but you can't make statements like "this will last a year no problem" when thats impossible to know and prove due to it's release date. Way way too early , if it turns out it falls far short your future comments will never be taken seriously , why put yourself in that position.

You misunderstood what I meant. When I say it will last a year I'm basing it on battery capacity and charge cycles. I don't think that it's unreasonable to presume that a battery included with such high capacity will all of a sudden die out in a week or two. I feel confident in the build and quality that Eleaf is well known for and that it will last a very long time. If it fails beforehand then so be it. I stand by my convictions and believe fully in this device. If it fails early and someone decides to hold it against me, then so be it. That's their problem not mine. I don't let ignorant people's opinions effect me in any way, especially strangers who lack civility. In my opinion and long experience with electronics I don't see this device blowing out. While anything can happen in life the odds of them having an international recall are very slim. IMO this stick will not completely fail within a years time frame. This is a solid piece.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And just to add a brief caveat. The iStick is a mere $35 it's not like you're investing in a $250 Reo box mod. "if" and that's a big IF it fails in say 4 months you only invested $9 per month in order to give yourself an enjoyable vape. Cigarettes cost you on average $5 per pack multiplied by 30 days in a monthly calendar cycle your looking at $150 per month for an average pack a day smoker. So looking at $150.00 vs a mere $9 I don't think anyone is going to break down cry, pout, whine and slip into a clinical depression followed by a nervous breakdown. I also have an MVP and many other mods and it's impossible to compare how long each and every device will last because you may get a defective MVP while someone else gets a good working one. I can speak from experience that I have seen this happen. So bottom line is there is no real safety or basis for measurement across the board. People are reporting excellent performance in the majority and a minority of complainers, such as life, you can't please everyone and some will never be satisfied no matter what. I rest with majority that the iStick is a super hot mod and will keep optimistic about it for the future. If you get a lemon then send it back within 30 days, check with the vendor about warranties beforehand. If you're going to stress about every little detail then don't buy it because you will likely put everyone through unnecessary aggravation and needlessly piss people off. If I get 3 months I will be more than happy with it but I have no doubt and I trust my instincts and dealing with Eleaf in the past that this stick will last a year no problem. No need for paranoia and chronic anxiety when there's no call for it. These offer great power regulation from start to finish of the battery and it lasts for two days on a charge but more power than the MVP and it fits wherever I want. I don't have to worry about having access to a charging port mid day and will not fiend for a smoke because I can count on its strong battery life and consistency to give me an awesome refreshing vape and small enough to take with me and not be noticeable. No regrets on this thing at all it's a beast.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And just to add a brief caveat. The iStick is a mere $35 it's not like you're investing in a $250 Reo box mod. "if" and that's a big IF it fails in say 4 months you only invested $9 per month in order to give yourself an enjoyable vape. Cigarettes cost you on average $5 per pack multiplied by 30 days in a monthly calendar cycle your looking at $150 per month for an average pack a day smoker. So looking at $150.00 vs a mere $9 I don't think anyone is going to break down cry, pout, whine and slip into a clinical depression followed by a nervous breakdown. I also have an MVP and many other mods and it's impossible to compare how long each and every device will last because you may get a defective MVP while someone else gets a good working one. I can speak from experience that I have seen this happen. So bottom line is there is no real safety or basis for measurement across the board. People are reporting excellent performance in the majority and a minority of complainers, such as life, you can't please everyone and some will never be satisfied no matter what. I rest with majority that the iStick is a super hot mod and will keep optimistic about it for the future. If you get a lemon then send it back within 30 days, check with the vendor about warranties beforehand. If you're going to stress about every little detail then don't buy it because you will likely put everyone through unnecessary aggravation and needlessly piss people off. If I get 3 months I will be more than happy with it but I have no doubt and I trust my instincts and dealing with Eleaf in the past that this stick will last a year no problem. No need for paranoia and chronic anxiety when there's no call for it. These offer great power regulation from start to finish of the battery and it lasts for two days on a charge but more power than the MVP and it fits wherever I want. I don't have to worry about having access to a charging port mid day and will not fiend for a smoke because I can count on its strong battery life and consistency to give me an awesome refreshing vape and small enough to take with me and not be noticeable. No regrets on this thing at all it's a beast.

and that pretty much sums it up! :)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well this little guy has definitely made quite the splash in the vaping pool. With the way vaping products move I will wait and see what the v2 has up its sleeve. Certainly a lot of talk about this one though. I hpe they take PB's suggestions for v2.

Quick note: If anyone is looking for spring loaded pin the 15W E-LVT box mod has that and it has measurable water resistance certification, not drowning underwater of course but light rain etc. Good mod and very strong. I prefer the iStick over all the mods out there. It's everything I was looking for in a box mod and then some. A friend of mine loves the E-LVT. Good to have choices and find what works best for you. I used to refer people to the MVP because it's a great long lasting mod but now the iStick will be the better choice and will set the bar high for others to follow. It looks awesome as well. My vaping addiction has taken full brace of my soul:D

I have a e-lvt and it is a very solid consistent device.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You misunderstood what I meant. When I say it will last a year I'm basing it on battery capacity and charge cycles. I don't think that it's unreasonable to presume that a battery included with such high capacity will all of a sudden die out in a week or two. I feel confident in the build and quality that Eleaf is well known for and that it will last a very long time. If it fails beforehand then so be it. I stand by my convictions and believe fully in this device. If it fails early and someone decides to hold it against me, then so be it. That's their problem not mine. I don't let ignorant people's opinions effect me in any way, especially strangers who lack civility. In my opinion and long experience with electronics I don't see this device blowing out. While anything can happen in life the odds of them having an international recall are very slim. IMO this stick will not completely fail within a years time frame. This is a solid piece.

There no misunderstanding , it's clear as day and lose the attitude bud , want to know what's irresponsible and yeah, i guess you can call it ignorant is making claims that cannot be proven and are based on assumption only but saying it as fact and thats exactly what you did.

The responsible thing to say would be "based on my past electronics experience i am highly confident that the battery in these devices will last a year or more but thats yet to be proven as they are so new " .

When i hear comments from extreme fanatics that are clearly based on hopefulness and nothing else it should be clarified , people who do not know better take the words as a sure thing many times and when the words CANNOT be substantiated due to the device being new on the market or whatever the reason you are not doing them any favors.

Based on your comment below we now know you don't give a shit if what you say is not factual and thats unfortunate , people deserve better than that .

If it fails early and someone decides to hold it against me, then so be it. That's their problem not mine.

Nothing wrong with being a huge fanboy of a product , just wait a while before you make claims that could disappoint others if they turn out to be false.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There were a noticable number of people unhappy that it seemed to be running too hot, not at all what I would class as:
... a minority of complainers, such as life, you can't please everyone and some will never be satisfied no matter what.
Why are they not noticable now? Because it's KNOWN to be running hot.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There no misunderstanding , it's clear as day and lose the attitude bud , want to know what's irresponsible and yeah, i guess you can call it ignorant is making claims that cannot be proven and are based on assumption only but saying it as fact and thats exactly what you did.

The responsible thing to say would be "based on my past electronics experience i am highly confident that the battery in these devices will last a year or more but thats yet to be proven as they are so new " .

When i hear comments from extreme fanatics that are clearly based on hopefulness and nothing else it should be clarified , people who do not know better take the words as a sure thing many times and when the words CANNOT be substantiated due to the device being new on the market or whatever the reason you are not doing them any favors.

Based on your comment below we now know you don't give a shit if what you say is not factual and thats unfortunate , people deserve better than that .

Nothing wrong with being a huge fanboy of a product , just wait a while before you make claims that could disappoint others if they turn out to be false.

I'm sorry but once again you misunderstood me. You misinterpreted my statement of intent. Once again, I'll try to clear it up for the record. I only recommend products that I believe in to be very good and that my fellow vapor family will enjoy. Yes, it is my opinion as I had stated that I feel absolutely confident that this device is the BEST and COOLEST device to ever come out and many people out there share my sentiments. I also clearly mentioned that there is nothing in life that can be foolproof in my following post. You cannot make cross comparisons with other products like the MVP and say which will last longer because some people will get a good iStick and others will get a malfunctioning one, if so all you have to do is check return policies and send it back. If it's not user error I'm sure you won't have problem getting it replaced or getting some form of credit. Based on my experience with Eleaf products and having owned many vaping devices and long history and knowledge with electronics I don't see this iStick failing within a year. Think about this, if Eleaf released a faulty product that is weak in construct that would show recklessness and neglect on their part and they would have to do a mass international recall, not happening now and I don't foresee it happening in the near future. Companies care about their customers and want people to be happy, you can't please everyone but the intent is what matters. Nothing is ever perfect and just like ANY e-cig people are also flawed, so I don't expect perfection. My point is that so far I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with this iStick it is a beast that has been overdue and I'm glad that people can enjoy them. I'm a fan yes, but not a "fanboy" whatever that means or is supposed to mean. I clearly stated that this device will NOT meet everyone's needs but it will meet MOST people's needs and then some. It is kick ass plain and simple. If you sub ohm don't get it because it can't do that. Other than that I get no problems with accurate readings on display, my vape is super and the battery lasts a good two days with single charge. I take it anywhere and don't even know it's there because it is awesome and super small. When people see you with it and compliment how nice it looks and you get GREAT performance it's a no brainer that you made the smart choice for you.

If it fails then so be it, no need to cry about it. Nothing lasts forever and ANY device will eventually fail. I think people need to have realistic expectations on their gear and that eventually you have to replace a device when it nears the end of its life cycle. $35 is pittance for a device this good, no let me say totally great and fantastic in every way. Am I hopeful? You bet. I don't see the need to be a pessimist and obsess over irrational fears of the "what if" this happens or that happens or if the sky will collapse and the stars fall to earth or if the Eagle will stop mid flight and fall on the windshield of my car in the middle of the road. The iStick has not failed so far and most people are having great results so that is a very good sign of a well made product that will most likely last a long way down the line.

You mentioned you want a product to last over half a year and get your money worth and I understand that. In my opinion I think it will do just that and then some so I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't feel confident then don't buy it's your choice and your vape. It's not going to effect my or others enjoyment of the iStick either way. We all have choices and try to help others based on our intuition and experience of what has been proven to work for us. The MVP you mentioned is a super mod and I own it but you can't compare the two because they are totally different products. The iStick is more powerful, battery lasts about the same and is constructed better IMO. It's much easier to take out and I can put it anywhere and forget it's even there because it's small and comfortable. The button is better as well IMO. Anyhow, even if it was much more expensive and not cheap you STILL get a great deal because you're not blowing $150.00 plus per month on smoking AND you won't have to worry about tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills, chemotherapy, suffering in agony and dying young from cancer. The iStick is a lifesaver period. Everything I mentioned IS factual because I made no absolute guarantees, I said I feel 100% confident IMO and experience with Eleaf products that this device will last a year easy and I full believe that it will. I will continue to invest in them for self and others in full confidence so that people can have an awesome unit to help them stop smoking. I stand by my convictions steadfast. Good luck to you. Whatever decision you make I hope it meets your personal needs:)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well this little guy has definitely made quite the splash in the vaping pool. With the way vaping products move I will wait and see what the v2 has up its sleeve. Certainly a lot of talk about this one though. I hpe they take PB's suggestions for v2.

I have a e-lvt and it is a very solid consistent device.

Have a few friends that use them too and they rave about them. I like it too but not as much as the iStick because of the size, power and convenience. You can't go wrong with either mod they are both super performers. Glad you like your mod and it's working awesome for you. In the end that's really what matters. I think they will improve on V2 if they decide to release down the road or just go with an entirely new line. I can't think of much to be added to this little gem outside of an external battery and spring loading but I don't even need that to be honest and most people won't even care. What makes the iStick stand out aside from all the glowing features is the price, newbies and others who are strapped for cash can afford one of these and if the goal is to get people to stop smoking and put products in monetary reach then it delivers all the way. Prices and quality gear/juice are nothing like they were years ago when I started my journey. Today everything is much better and more affordable and people have more choices. The iStick set the bar for others to follow so we'll see what happens. For now it's #1 in my book.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Those interested in cool looking skins for iStick I just went to www.jwraps.com and found the Camo 4 design and it looks great. I'm glad they are up to speed with this new gem. I didn't think they would get them done so fast but glad they did. Only $10 to wrap the stick in any flavor you like. No dolphins yet but the Camo 4 will be my go to. Hope this helps some of you looking for nice skins.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They are $10 per pack here in NY

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[QUOTE="VH fan, post: 149410, member: 3523"

[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree, I'd say a majority of comments from people who have bought and tried the Istick, speak overwhelmingly about how good they work, so no doubt polling this debate in particular would most likely come out in favor of this being a good device to recommend to just about everyone who has taken up vaping .
:)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They are $10 per pack here in NY

Yeah I know, thanks for mentioning it. I was there just last week visiting family and everything is expensive in NY. $10 per pack of smokes is $300.00 per month for a pack a day smoker. $600.00 for two packs a day per month. That's an obscene expenditure in my book. Thank God we have the electronic cigarette and hopefully more people shift away from analogs. I think today it's entirely possible if people give themselves a break and give them a shot. Today we have the awesome iStick and back then we had those nasty little disposables with their cartridges that lasted a few hours at best. You save lots of money and will enjoy a longer life that's a good thing. It is hard to quit though, so I will never downplay the struggle many are going through. I fell off the wagon more times than I care to remember years back. Now when people light up in front of me it just smells awful the sensation is no longer there. I think it's perhaps because I vape high nicotine to keep me content.

Galtman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One minor disappointment with my iStick, which I just received yesterday along with a Nautilus Mini. When I use the included 510 adapter with my EMOW tank the iStick doesn't recognize that the tank is attached. The adapter works fine on my EMOW and I can use it with the Nautilus and the iStick still fires that tank. Not a huge deal as I love the Mini and it looks great on the iStick with only a slight overhang, just one less option. Maybe someone more technical that I am will know of a reason this connection fails.

VU Sponsors