Become a Patron!

Eleaf Kiya first impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Once again full disclosure. This was sent to me by Eleaf for review.

So I reviewed the Basal and was not overly impressed. There Kiya, however, is really nice. First off, this device is small. I mean it is tiny. Secondly, it has colours for the women (my wife stole the greenery right away) and colours for men (black and grey). The tank has a small capacity - only 2 ml - but that is TPD compliance for you. The mod will accommodate up to about 25 mmm rank though. There are a few negatives as well. First, once again Eleaf put the USB on the bottom. WTF - they have to stop that. Second, again the tank is bottom fill. Third, the tanks are off centre - please give me centered tanks. None of these issues were deal breakers for my wife at all. She loves it.

But what about me? Well i think the screen and the menu are fantastic. The screen is bright and readable. The menu is super easy to navigate and has everything you could want. It works okay in TC wand has TCR (but there is a limit of 50 watts on this mod). Also it does not come with any TC coils. It takes GS Air coils though so a NI .15 coil is available for it. Not that I want to use NI. I do not! I would use a different tank with SS coils.

Did I mention it goes up to 50 watts? Well, with GS coils that is fine. This tank and mod were made for the MTL vaper. You get a great restricted MTL vape out of this tank and mod. If you MTL at anywhere form 10 - 18 watts you will get great battery life as well. It is a built in 1600 mah and with fast 2 amp charging will be good to go in under two hours.

I’m a nic salt guy. I was a little upset that my partner took this from me so fast. With the 1.5 ohm coil it would be an all day vape for me. And tiny and pocket friendly and … so it goes.

Here is a pic …

etzaiAk.jpg

tell me that is not a cute lil bugger …

Here are the parameters …

Kiya 50W MOD

Size: 57 x 35.5 x 25.8mm

Output wattage: 1- 50W

Battery: 1600mAh

Output mode: VW/TC(Ni,Ti,SS)/TCR/Bypass/Preheat

Charging Current: 2A

Display: 1.45 inch color display

Temperature range: 100-315℃/200-600℉(TC modes)

Color: Black/Greenery/Silver

Thread: 510

GS Juni Atomizer

Tank capacity: 2ml

Coil: GS Air 0.75ohm coil (8-25W)/ 1.5ohm coil (8-20W)

Thread: 510 thread

This is IMHO, well ahead of the Basal. Yes, there are a few issues still. TC on the this tank is only NI and its not that great at 50 watts. The bloody USB again is on the bottom. The tank is not centered. These are all minor quibbles as this was designed for MTL vapers and new vapers.

My wife loves the real time clock, the bright screen, the colour, the ease of use - side fire bar. This is going to be popular and should be. Nice job Eleaf.

Last edited:

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hmmm ...

I really have very little to say ... all these mods from eleaf, smok, etc are starting to look so similar. I don't really get this style. But then again, I;m old fashion - I like my mech tube mods.

And, why are mods still using TC? Does anyone really use TC anymore? I just don't get it.

VU Sponsors