Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You can't ask, you have to tell

I tried, its up to the person asking for the help to listen.
When I ask and someone who obviously knows what they are talking about offers advice after I ask for it, I usually give it a shot

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's actually better without the cotton against the hole. Like you would with the regular juice channels, leave it open, the pressure holds it back until you inhale. No gurgling or leaking, just nice juicy vapor.
I'm thinking about making it bigger so I can do even more watts, but it's great at 30 right now.
Did you drill the hole where the juice channel is, or above it?

Jordon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried, its up to the person asking for the help to listen.
When I ask and someone who obviously knows what they are talking about offers advice after I ask for it, I usually give it a shot

I did and I appreciate that.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From whats being said I must be lucky
right now I'm running a 5/64s coil with walmart yarn at 1.2 ohms with 29ga kanthal
And haven't had a leak at all
I have been doing the same build I do on my kayfun 4
the air control is set halfway no leaks no gurgle and no burnt hits all the way to 26wats
Ive done this build 3 times on it now with the same results
I carry it out in the heat and the atty gets hot but still no leaks
I do push my wick back away from the juice channels and spread it out

CrazyVpr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you drill the hole where the juice channel is, or above it?
Just above the threads, inline with the juice channels. I just increased it to a 7/64" hole, and it's even better. I think the original juice channels are getting jealous. I don't see any bubbles from them anymore.

CrazyVpr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
From whats being said I must be lucky
right now I'm running a 5/64s coil with walmart yarn at 1.2 ohms with 29ga kanthal
And haven't had a leak at all
I have been doing the same build I do on my kayfun 4
the air control is set halfway no leaks no gurgle and no burnt hits all the way to 26wats
Ive done this build 3 times on it now with the same results
I carry it out in the heat and the atty gets hot but still no leaks
I do push my wick back away from the juice channels and spread it out
That's because it doesn't have to try so hard with a 1.2 ohm build. I'm assuming most people are getting dry hits at .5 or lower.
I know I was.
Also, the air control half closed gives it more pull pressure, sucking the juice in. I think most of us are wanting hot .5 with full airflow.

Last edited:

CrazyVpr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
7/64" hole... More bubble=good vape/no burn also equals way more juice consumption.....trade offs..
bb07e4f7946881beacd0f9082de82707.jpg

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am really surprised it doesnt flood when you fill it, and there is no vacuum. Nice fix. Might be doing this or notching the barrel where it meets the juice.channel.

I stop watching the video after he took it apart to show the build deck because there isn't any way I'd get something that has to be completely disassembled in order to rebuild it. I mean, it looked like the thing had to pretty much be taken 100 percent apart to do it.

Yeah, can you imagine the horror of having all 7 pieces of it spread out before you? That's like 15-20 seconds worth of work just to screw it together.

Bullshit, I say. Ain't nobody got time for that.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, can you imagine the horror of having all 7 pieces of it spread out before you? That's like 15-20 seconds worth of work just to screw it together.

Bullshit, I say. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I take it these people haven't ever taken a Kayfun V4 apart....now there's a project when you first open your vapemail:eek::p:D

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Had to read that like 3 or 4 times....

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Came home last night to mine having magically appeared in my mailbox (no tracking updates). Go USPS.

Initial impression after spending a few hours messing around:

- Getting the wicking just right is playing out to be more of a pita then i'd prefer to bother with out of a out-and-about tank setup. .1 ohm nickel coil on my sx mini took me a few attempts (and some wasted juice each go) to get going, but even once i seemed to have it dialed in it's still struggling to keep up with higher wattages (25+) wide open while chain vaping the way i do.

- Expanded airflow over the Lemo Drop feels like a disappointment. IDK, guess i expected it to be more...or at least enough to warrant the upgrade. I personally don't find this to be the case, or the quality of the vape to be dramatically better then what i can get out of the original.

When i left the house a bit ago to make my grocery store run...i still took the Lemo Drop instead. I'll ticker around with it more tomorrow.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What's the capacity of the lemo drop? And how foes the full open draw compare?

On my lamo2 with the SX- 8, 3mm spaced wraps with 26g has me at a 0.8ohm.. Running it 34j -powerful - 470 degrees it's chain vaping beautifully
temporary_zpsu4k0psou.jpg
temporary_zps1lgovikg.jpg

Last edited:

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Anyone having wicking issues with thicker juice ?
I have the lemo drop , this one I'll pass on.

The area between the ID of the glass and evaporation chamber barrel is really narrow, thicker juice flows slowly through that section, to avoid dry hits you have to wick appropriately to make up for this.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's the capacity of the lemo drop? And how foes the full open draw compare?

Lemo Drop is listed at 2.7ml. Comparison wise with airflow (both wide open) it's a little tighter, but like i said we are not talking about a night and day difference some are making it out to be there (imo). The pictures on the Lemo 2 are little misleading in that regard. It's still closer to Drop/Kayfun4 style vape then crossing the line into dripper/bigger airflow territory.

Rewicked it again today. This time going to a .8 build, using Rayon, and skipping the various pancake methods in favor of cutting the wick above the casing and stuffing it down. Went as thick as i could get through the coil. Initially seems to be keeping up better as i creep up on the Joules. Flavor still seems a touch muted over the Drop, but that could just be a difference in the juice.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it's held up a lot better today with this new build. At 32J/480 now with no issues wide open.

Unless one counts the muted flavor, which is to be expected i guess. I'd personally recommend not to buying into the hype there for those interested. If you are like me and find your sweet spot in the 30-35w range, it definitely won't be threatening my drippers (Magma/Mutation Xv2/Derringer) for at home use time.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just sorted the wicking on my Lemo 2. I dremeled the chamber with two 2x2mm holes where the juice channels are. No more dry or scratchy hits.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just sorted the wicking on my Lemo 2. I dremeled the chamber with two 2x2mm holes where the juice channels are. No more dry or scratchy hits.
Can we see a pic when you get a chance?

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So you notched the barrel where the juice channel is? Its hard for me to see. Did it fuck up thr threads at all?
Yeah, right where the channel is. I suppose its possible to fuck up the threads, but i didn't.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, its really very simple. Just mark the spots you want to work on, put the barrel on your atomizer for stability and get to it.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Got my lemo 2 today and pretty much hating on it. Opened up the chimney to allow better wicking but still getting hot hits and a bit scratchy. Wanted it for nickel builds with temp. Right now it's 28 g 3mm diameter and .16 ohms. Set to 400 degrees and 25 joules. But it just sucks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got my lemo 2 today and pretty much hating on it. Opened up the chimney to allow better wicking but still getting hot hits and a bit scratchy. Wanted it for nickel builds with temp. Right now it's 28 g 3mm diameter and .16 ohms. Set to 400 degrees and 25 joules. But it just sucks.

Check the oring under the glass. Make sure its not blocking the juice channel. Also make sure the wick is not blocking it also.
The only other thing would be to use 50/50 or 60/40 pg/vg. It doesn't like thick juices.
Mine runs about 35j@500degrees. It cn definitely be finicky.
Oh. One more thing, at times I just won't tighten the chamber down all the way.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Yup. I did all of those after re-reading this thread. Just seems silly that I can't have anything tight on it or it stops wicking. I have all 80 VG and up so this tank is really struggling. Prob most disappointed in the flavor. It's surprisingly no better than my original Atlantis V1. Closing the air flow just gets the vape hotter. Next stop, silo beast lolo

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pancake wicking fixed it a bit, but Dremel cured all ails.
60efe4e34804f6f4ecccfdf78e392bc5.jpg

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Pancake wicking fixed it a bit, but Dremel cured all ails.
60efe4e34804f6f4ecccfdf78e392bc5.jpg
I did follow your approach and modified mine right after the first dry hit. It's better than the original but still has problems with high VG. I may try to modify the slots even more to see if it helps. My sx m doesn't go into temp dry coil warning........any longer. Before the slots being cut in the sx would shut it down real quick.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Another thing that you can try is to use the chamber from the V1. They seem identical, but the V1 has some wicking fairies that make life a bit better.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I have the original glass from V1. The clearance between the glass and chimney is so small on these units. No wonder

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Ok fellow vapers. After letting my frustrating day pass I picked this back up this am and it's actually pretty good. Dropped the temp down to 400 degrees and messed with the tightness of it all and it's now hitting petting good. The flavor is there at half open on the air flow and the vapor output is nice. I think I'll keep her going for a while to see if she keeps up with me lolol. So far so good

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok fellow vapers. After letting my frustrating day pass I picked this back up this am and it's actually pretty good. Dropped the temp down to 400 degrees and messed with the tightness of it all and it's now hitting petting good. The flavor is there at half open on the air flow and the vapor output is nice. I think I'll keep her going for a while to see if she keeps up with me lolol. So far so good

Yeah, i was at that point too until i tired of the ongoing routine of messing with the tightness every other day (haven't really had the free time to go hunt down somebody to drill holes for me). Sometimes it got to the point where i practically had the tank unscrewed and about to come undone just to keep the juice flow open.

Great when it works, but as a bought new purchase it played out to be a pretty epic fail imo.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I hear ya. I did drill mine out too but the constant messing to get it vaoe right is pissing me off. Once I get it right time to refill then it's all effed up again

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would just like am rta with alot of airflow, single coil, and easy to fill

Why the fuck is that so difficult!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media

Sounds easy in theory. Many have tried and they come with a flaw in each. But then again we are own people and opinions will vary

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'll settle for the first 2 out of 3 if it meant trading off the easy fill for dependable juice flow.

Which don't get me wrong, because i really loved the filling concept of the Lemo 2 on the surface. But for a device that sucks through juice as fast as it does, while needing constant micro monitoring of how hard and where you tighten it.......it just plays out to be a bad marriage. I cried a little inside every time i had to refill, especially those times i did have it working beautifully.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I'll settle for the first 2 out of 3 if it meant trading off the easy fill for dependable juice flow.

Which don't get me wrong, because i really loved the filling concept of the Lemo 2 on the surface. But for a device that sucks through juice as fast as it does, while needing constant micro monitoring of how hard and where you tighten it.......it just plays out to be a bad marriage. I cried a little inside every time i had to refill, especially those times i did have it working beautifully.
Right on brother.
I couldn't have said it any better. Great statement

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It may be just my opinion,
At this stage of the vaping game all three should be more than doable.
Had eleaf done no more than incorporate the design of the top cap and bottom airflow on the v1 this atty would wick just fine. That 1mm difference in the internal diameter is the reason it has issues wicking. - in my opinion

And im aware of the flaw in each.
I've tried several since TC came out
Kayfun4-not enough airflow(with 4s kit)
Squape r -not enough airflow
Taifun ii- not enough airflow
Erlkoengin -closest to perfect with open draw post but still a hair tight
Rose v2- not enough airflow
Ruzgar- way to tight and bad wicking

I reckon I just thought that with the entrance of temp limiting, the single coil rtas would make a comeback

Plenty of good dual coils, aqua v2and the silverplay with a k4 top both rock and personally I love the damn things but the decks are way to small for a good ni200 build.
The lemo1 was a great performer wicked perfect, but again at this stage a syringe and screwdriver should be past tense. Other than that its great, o guess it just kills me when I see one step forward and 2 steps back.

Is there a single coil RTA that I've not tried?

Last edited:

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hah. Funny how tastes change. Three months ago anything less than 2x3mm airholes would have been too tight, now im rocking something like 2x0.8mm and im liking it a lot.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watching your builds, is there a difference between NI200 and Nichrome 80 wire? Having issues locating stuff on the net.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Watching your builds, is there a difference between NI200 and Nichrome 80 wire? Having issues locating stuff on the net.
Yeah. Don't use Ni200 without a chip that can do temp control. N80 is perfectly safe to be used in every device.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I have recently gotten the lemo 2 and working thru the issues with it. I use temp mode exclusively on all my vapes. Current only have 28 g nickel wire. Suggestions on best build to achieve great flavor without going too low in resistance. Would rather not change our batteries after two hits lolol. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also what us the best placement in regards to height above the air hole?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have recently gotten the lemo 2 and working thru the issues with it. I use temp mode exclusively on all my vapes. Current only have 28 g nickel wire. Suggestions on best build to achieve great flavor without going too low in resistance. Would rather not change our batteries after two hits lolol. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also what us the best placement in regards to height above the air hole?

What mod?
On the SXmini, im at 7/9 wraps, 3mm 26g, gives me 0.07 ohms.
On the dna40 10/11 wraps of 28g 3mm puts me at about 0.11

I go about the same height as the stock coil was
cd2e0516d7f959464f6b879ebb08f677.jpg

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
What mod?
On the SXmini, im at 7/9 wraps, 3mm 26g, gives me 0.07 ohms.
On the dna40 10/11 wraps of 28g 3mm puts me at about 0.11

I go about the same height as the stock coil was
cd2e0516d7f959464f6b879ebb08f677.jpg
Yes sorry bout that. I use the SX M. I did a 28 g 3mm with about 8 wraps and was around .13. Not bad but flavor wasn't anything to be impressed about

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes sorry bout that. I use the SX M. I did a 28 g 3mm with about 8 wraps and was around .13. Not bad but flavor wasn't anything to be impressed about

Yeah I DIY, so I can compensate for that one really easily.
I did notice the higher power the better flavor.
Mine is set at 43j and 540 degrees, gives pretty good flavor there with the savory desert stuff. The fruit flavors are pretty non-existent. At least to me.

VU Sponsors