Become a Patron!

Emails won't stop

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I post to a thread, every time it gets a new post I get an email. I've tried to disable emails several times and I still get them. I like the notifications I get when logged in, but I don't want any emails from this site. Please help. Thanks.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
If I post to a thread, every time it gets a new post I get an email. I've tried to disable emails several times and I still get them. I like the notifications I get when logged in, but I don't want any emails from this site. Please help. Thanks.
Go to watch thread above, and disable email alerts for that thread. But your saying that does not work?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
it works for me, try this:

go to the thread.. unwatch..
then hit the watch and the options button will show up to go to mail, or no mail.. ;)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Isn't that only for that specific thread? When I open an email, click whatever the button is, it takes me to vu, then I click button to disable ALL emails, it says preferences have been updated, then I still get emails. Turning off emails one thread at a time sucks. I want them all off forever.

Thanks for helping btw.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just put a sort on them and have them moved to a folder where I can review them later. I always read the posts by a member named Kelli..Something about gingers and vaping..:rolleyes:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just put a sort on them and have them moved to a folder where I can review them later. I always read the posts by a member named Kelli..Something about gingers and vaping..:rolleyes:

some people are sooooooo easily entertained. :p

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Click your profile pic on the top of the page, hit "Preferences".

Then:

View attachment 8605
That doesn't work for me either. I also don't get all of my notifications. Sometimes threads I watch won't give me notifications for a whole day and I will be surprised to see that I am pages behind. I would prefer to get notifications and no emails.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That doesn't work for me either. I also don't get all of my notifications. Sometimes threads I watch won't give me notifications for a whole day and I will be surprised to see that I am pages behind. I would prefer to get notifications and no emails.

Are you using Tapatalk or otherwise mobile? That may make a difference.

I only use PC's and with those settings, I get no emails except the admin emails and always get my alerts for stuff.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are you using Tapatalk or otherwise mobile? That may make a difference.

I only use PC's and with those settings, I get no emails except the admin emails and always get my alerts for stuff.
Yes I'm using desktop as well as tapatalk.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now this I have noticed.. Several threads wont give me notifications of new posts and I have to hit the 'New Posts' link to have them pop up.. No idea why, but its frustrating at times to realize you are a week behind in posts..

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those sons- a-bitchin' glitches

tumblr_mww6n6N8yN1r7dgeuo1_500_zps4636700b.jpg

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you watched threads(got emails) before you changed your settings, those threads you were getting emails for you'll still get emails for because changing your setting only stops you from getting notifications on new watched threads. You'll have to unwatch the threads individually that you are already getting emails from. At least, that's the way it worked for me.

And yes, notifications are screwy. I don't get some.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you watched threads(got emails) before you changed your settings, those threads you were getting emails for you'll still get emails for because changing your setting only stops you from getting notifications on new watched threads. You'll have to unwatch the threads individually that you are already getting emails from. At least, that's the way it worked for me.

And yes, notifications are screwy. I don't get some.
Ah, that makes sense. Good thinkin' !

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The email links were not working for me. I went poking around and think I got it handled. Thanks for the replies.

SeaVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks all for the info on this. I was having the same problem with the e-mails. No I have went through and unwatched the ones that were set for me. Thanks again.

VU Sponsors