Become a Patron!

ENCOM VOIDRAY from Heaven Gifts

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been using the Encom Voidray I won in a contest here from Heaven Gifts for about a week now and wanted to give my impressions.

Packaged in an unimpressive cardboard box is the device, instruction manual and usb charging cord. When I took it out of the box my first thought was,, this is plastic!!! Cheap plastic! It's supposed to be some aero-space material and I will say it's pretty tough, I've dropped it a couple times, but I'm used to stainless steel and other much more substantial-feeling materials in my mods.

It's nice looking, the white is pearlescent and I like the contrasting color. It does what I need it to do but I don't vape much over 30 watts and I don't TC so can't speak to that. One other thing I noticed right off is that there are no air channels on the connector but it hasn't been a problem at all. I've used Kanger subtanks, Melo and Griffin tanks on it with no issues.

There is one serious design flaw, IMO. The battery is held in a sleeve and slides into the device. There's a button on the side of it that ejects the battery. Many times I've hit that button (not paying attention and thinking I was taking a hit) and ejected the battery. Many times I've put the thing in the front pocket of my jeans and (you guessed it) ejected the battery. Terrible place to put the eject button.

Another interesting thing about it is that if it's idle for a certain period of time ( I haven't timed it but it seems to be about an hour if I had to guess) it'll shut off. It's annoying to me. If I want it off I'll turn it off. It will ask "new or same" atomizer and I like that feature. It also reads the ohms of my coils pretty accurately. It's SUPER light because of the material it's made of, fits nicely in my pocket at work.

Overall impression: I'm a little glad I didn't pay for it. It's cheap enough at $34.90 at Heaven Gifts but I think there are better designed pocket mods out there for the money. That eject button is the worst and I don't like the auto-shut off feature.

I want to say thank you to Heaven Gifts for having these contests. It's a great way for us all to get to know the products they carry.
38d9916984054d479eac40482f9dfdee.jpg
be70c58b3a81490e4a5f99765847d56b.jpg
5de2b04772d7b9cb9d186ce3bfab4c83.jpg
2870e221b0c99a7be2c45ca9fa60cb84.jpg
e5913c77d1de002fb97a874b9640047c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been using the Encom Voidray I won in a contest here from Heaven Gifts for about a week now and wanted to give my impressions.

Packaged in an unimpressive cardboard box is the device, instruction manual and usb charging cord. When I took it out of the box my first thought was,, this is plastic!!! Cheap plastic! It's supposed to be some aero-space material and I will say it's pretty tough, I've dropped it a couple times, but I'm used to stainless steel and other much more substantial-feeling materials in my mods.

It's nice looking, the white is pearlescent and I like the contrasting color. It does what I need it to do but I don't vape much over 30 watts and I don't TC so can't speak to that. One other thing I noticed right off is that there are no air channels on the connector but it hasn't been a problem at all. I've used Kanger subtanks, Melo and Griffin tanks on it with no issues.

There is one serious design flaw, IMO. The battery is held in a sleeve and slides into the device. There's a button on the side of it that ejects the battery. Many times I've hit that button (not paying attention and thinking I was taking a hit) and ejected the battery. Many times I've put the thing in the front pocket of my jeans and (you guessed it) ejected the battery. Terrible place to put the eject button.

Another interesting thing about it is that if it's idle for a certain period of time ( I haven't timed it but it seems to be about an hour if I had to guess) it'll shut off. It's annoying to me. If I want it off I'll turn it off. It will ask "new or same" atomizer and I like that feature. It also reads the ohms of my coils pretty accurately. It's SUPER light because of the material it's made of, fits nicely in my pocket at work.

Overall impression: I'm a little glad I didn't pay for it. It's cheap enough at $34.90 at Heaven Gifts but I think there are better designed pocket mods out there for the money. That eject button is the worst and I don't like the auto-shut off feature.

I want to say thank you to Heaven Gifts for having these contests. It's a great way for us all to get to know the products they carry.
38d9916984054d479eac40482f9dfdee.jpg
be70c58b3a81490e4a5f99765847d56b.jpg
5de2b04772d7b9cb9d186ce3bfab4c83.jpg
2870e221b0c99a7be2c45ca9fa60cb84.jpg
e5913c77d1de002fb97a874b9640047c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice job, Kimber!

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the review Kimber!

I was a little disappointed that I didn't win one, but not anymore after
reading about the pita eject button issue. I'd bite in the future if they redesign
the eject button due to it's light weight and durability of the enclosure
material.

<>

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Nice write up! I would be interested to know how it handles TC, but that is purely out of curiosity. I think they need to redesign the eject button though, I can see where something like that would really annoy me in short order!

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the review Kimber!

I was a little disappointed that I didn't win one, but not anymore after
reading about the pita eject button issue. I'd bite in the future if they redesign
the eject button due to it's light weight and durability of the enclosure
material.

<>
It is VERY lightweight so it is pretty disappointing. I find it sits and collects dust because of the eject button. I'd keep it around as a backup because it does work well but it certainly doesn't take the place of one of my other 4 mods.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nice write up! I would be interested to know how it handles TC, but that is purely out of curiosity. I think they need to redesign the eject button though, I can see where something like that would really annoy me in short order!
Sorry Dev,, I've never tried TC. Not for lack of devices, pure laziness on my part to learn about it

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Sorry Dev,, I've never tried TC. Not for lack of devices, pure laziness on my part to learn about it
LOLz! No worries, like I said, it's pure curiosity that drives my interest. :) I completely understand pure laziness, that's why I use SS in my build decks ... build it once and just rewick it for MONTHS. For the lazy, this is an ideal solution!

VU Sponsors