That's what the democrats are trying to find out. lol
Russians and mesh. I'm still fascinated. <3
7v6bVMP.jpg

Georgetheturtle

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really hope it comes with extremely detailed instructions on wicking because I just know I'm gonna screw it up.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
1. Share: Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
2. It looks amazing! I have never worked with mesh before but it looks thrilling. As mentioned above, I sure hope it comes with a good English manual. Beautiful design. It has everyone up in arms!
I think Cthulhu has created a new trend here. Something fresh.! And it SQUONKS!
As far as reviewers go, Heathen is on the fence. He has one that really whistles. (Wicking?)
Grimm Greene loves it. And I agree, you should give it a more pronounced name in addition to just the Ceto. De Ceto Grande perhaps. Or, De Ceto Ventana. The more exotic it's name, the bigger than life the RTA will become. I would love one!

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I really hope it comes with extremely detailed instructions on wicking because I just know I'm gonna screw it up.

From what I can see it's wrapped around itself INSIDE the mesh until it meets the airflow exchange. Needs a really large juice well, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Nextron

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My experiment.
The result of one-week using.
It is visible darkening of a mesh in a place of fastening to a post
I think this is the result of uneven heating.
result.jpg

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Apparently so. However, what if you were to double the screen at the screws as NOT to touch the single layer of mesh coming from it. It would provide extra surface for heating and a stronger mesh to hold the candy cotton. Grimm has one he's using that comes out in a balls roll of an XL needle bottle. I have to say, this still peaks my interest knowing it's stainless mesh.

What you've got going on there Nextron looks nasty. What v/w/tc?

sugarskulz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The resistance is 0.26 Ohm
The mode V/W about 30...40 Watts

I can't show the video, but most of the evaporation occurs in the 'dirty' zones
Hot spots on your build, oh my! Is that the dirty zone?

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
2. comment anything about the RDA.

Would love to win this and try the mesh idea, looks awesome!

ickx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Unfortunately we cannot refer to previous experiences from "the age of the mesh", since this is a very different way to use mesh, compared to way back than.

I suppose there will be more and more user reports eventually, as this is rather a new territory, just waiting to be discovered.

Also, watch & follow everything concerning the Taifun BT, as the CETO RDA has (in principle & functionality) a very similar, almost identical build deck (everything else being different of course).

Paskal

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Entry #2

Its been quite a while since I've use mesh on an atomizer. Last one is Smok RSST, that is back in 2014 LOL

Maybe this RDA will make me use mesh again.

Nextron

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are those your own photos @Nextron ? If so, what is the resistance difference between these two stripes ?
No, these are not my photos.
But I have already prepared two types of a mesh for the CETO RDA. :)
Tomorrow everything will become clear

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
intersting idea ,but I think it is being used wrong....throw the cotton away...using cotton in a mesh build is no better than just using cotton....it still mutes the flavor like any other cotton build....rather replace the cotton with a true mesh wick you could roll a mesh wick around the tall squonking pin like a wick for a nexgen and then simply coil the wick..the squonking pin would saturate the mesh wick...similar to the idea of the no tank from no name mods....

build the wick like this..the squonk hole on the top of the center post would feed the wick as opposed to a tank like the nexgens...I'd like to see a smaller chamber and to get them to stop the thing from whisteling.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Thanks to @CthulhuMod for the awesome contest!
This mesh looks like a great idea!

ickx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Interesting idea ,but I think it is being used wrong....throw the cotton away...using cotton in a mesh build is no better than just using cotton....it still mutes the flavor like any other cotton build...

+1

I have no doubts this solution work fine, it's probably even excellent, but it won't match the pure gen style mesh attys IMHO.

In this case we have the advantage of an increased evaporation area.

I doesn't seem to me the evaporation area is bigger ...it's just not rolled. ;):) Using mesh instead of cotton in the traditional way, you would use probably almost the same stripe size. You will just roll it instead of leaving it flat like here. The evaporation surface is the same just configured differently.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1

I have no doubts this solution work fine, it's probably even excellent, but it won't match the pure gen style mesh attys IMHO.

I donsn't seem to me the evaporation area is bigger ...it's just not rolled. ;):) Using mesh instead of cotton in the traditional way, you would use probably almost the same stripe size. You will just roll it instead of leaving it flat like here. The evaporation surface is the same just configured differently.
actually I think it would be better than a genny...anbd I am a total genhead...I vape nothing but gennys, but being able to squonk with mesh you get freshly squeezed juice and one of the down sides of gennys is you have a tendency to cook your juice with a genny...if you aren;t carefull dripping juice on a mesh wick is killer....the other thing that makes this an interesting atty to use a mesh wick in is the size..from what I can tell..though I could be wrong. is that you would be able to roll a biiiiggg wick and use bigger wire than traditional genny builds...you could get bigger clouds but not sacrfice flavor by using cotton...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More different constructions - more possibilites.
In this case we have the advantage of an increased evaporation area.
Oh yeah you could build a barbed wire fence around that sucker...I mean you could weave some real interesting wraps around that cotton a whole wall of alien wire.....though I don't know what kind of battery could handle it.

ickx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've wanted to try mesh for a while now
If you just want to try mesh, you can do it with many atomizers, especially the simpler Kayfun-like build decks. Just roll it, place instead of the cotton, and bend it, just as you would do with cotton...

15063222.jpg

15059126.jpg

The Cthulhu CETO is all about an innovative way to use mesh, like @pulsevape wrote, as the resistance & heating element, not as the wicking element...

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
NOT AN ENTRY

Interesting. I've not seen this before. So many options for this deck.

Nextron

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Working with a mesh is an interesting and fascinating activity for curious mans.

Ihanlon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
2) and while I think it looks like a great feature, I'm absolutely certain that I would botch the installation on the first three or four goes.

Nextron

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The attys with a mesh works very quietly.
Some guru named it "a space silence of the metal":)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors