Become a Patron!

ENDED DIY Flavor Shack Let's Chat event. Extended until Est 4/30/2017 & will be a third winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So, no Mod Envy tonight. So sad. But, they do give up their Saturday nights for it. I hope they had a lovely dinner and are with good friends.

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
43535d1132518336-another-moon-shot-attempt-moon-8mp-sf.jpg

Reactions: SD.

mac63

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
need to do a few things today but hopefully can take it easy - more coffee

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I heard somewhere that giraffes can be pregnant for an uncomfortably long time. I bet they're racking up on ad monetization

DaleH1985

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello everyone. Took a long nap now gonna take the kids outside to enjoy this weather. Sunny and 72

SD.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wish I had more to say but anyway I'm enjoying my vape today! :yes:
62eb6c7256960acf438562b66dff1e6.gif

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Giraffe's gestate for 15 months. According to April's veterinarian he says it could be another 1-2 months (early or late).

Last edited:

kh1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
have a nice day

Last edited:

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I still have my Commodore 64 boxed up somewhere around here.
Nice! Are you interested in selling it?
I'm pretty sure I still have mine stored away somewhere in my parents attic. One of these days, I need to visit and and see if I can find it. I also had a Comet64 modem and a big file box full of 5-1/4 floppy discs for it. I can still remember loading up a disc and typing
Load "*" ,8,1 or Load "menu" ,8,1 and hearing the disc drive aka "The Toaster" making that loud read sound.

Shawn

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
So does my hubby. And upgrading your modem was a big thing. We can all remember the sound. BUT, there is now a price to pay for high speed.

Wow. That's an old photo.
I can remember "Shotgunning" dual 56k modems to get faster connection speeds and for hosting online Quake games. Then a coule years later, the miracle of Broadband happened I never looked back.

Shawn

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Between boosted Internet, our HD, TV DVR and fees, and $25 for a land line(for emergencies) & discount for the "Bundle", $200 a mo. WTF. That's a mortgage payment or HELOC payment to many. I can't remember what it looks like! Ha!
Yeah, a pic from @veltos would be fun to see. :cloud:

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I actually looked into selling it a couple of years ago and never got around to it. If you're interested, I can find it and take a couple of pics for you.
That would be awesome. I'm definitely interested. I'll send you a PM.
It'd be cool to have an actual C64 again instead of having to use an emulator on my arcade machine.

Shawn

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Morning everyone. Today, I'm praying the rain hits soon. Yesterday was in the upper 70s and I had a terrible bout of heat stroke. :( Supposed to hit 71 again before noon, then start cooling down as a cold front comes through and brings rain. Thank God.

XEVU

Equal Opportunity Offender
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can remember "Shotgunning" dual 56k modems to get faster connection speeds and for hosting online Quake games. Then a coule years later, the miracle of Broadband happened I never looked back.

Shawn
LoL same here. I was the only person for almost a year on the node with a cable modem. It was smoking fast until they patched in everyone else that eventually got it. Then along came fiber optic to the house. They rated it at 1GB/sec.
Now I'm back in the country with shitty dsl. It feels like going back to dialup. Wish I could shotgun dsl modems.

sent from craptastic taptalk

DaleH1985

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
LoL same here. I was the only person for almost a year on the node with a cable modem. It was smoking fast until they patched in everyone else that eventually got it. Then along came fiber optic to the house. They rated it at 1GB/sec.
Now I'm back in the country with shitty dsl. It feels like going back to dialup. Wish I could shotgun dsl modems.

I know the feeling. I work for the cable company, but live in a non service area. So i'm rocking a 3 meg connection at home.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
we saw 78 here yesterday, they say maybe mid 80s today

Thankfully, it's supposed to be a much more reasonable 50ish the rest of the week. I hate Spring in Wisconsin. The temperature swings are redonkulous. We can't turn on the air conditioner yet because it keeps getting cool again and my MIL starts bitching about being cold. It's better once it gets hot steadily and we can turn it on and I can use the stand-alone room air conditioner for the main room where we congregate (it's an addition built on the back of the house so it doesn't benefit from the central air/heating).

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

I Hear ya. When my wife and I lived in Florida, we switched from cable broadband service to DSL to save a little money. At least we thought we'd save money. The phone / DSL co. at the time was Sprint and their best DSL package was worse than dial-up and it turned out to be more expensive with all of Sprint's hidden fee's. So we quickly switched back to broadband.
As for Fiber Optics, I'd love to have a fiber line. Unfortunately, our local cable company owns all of the communication lines in my area which prevents Verizon from implementing their FiOs service. :cuss2:

Shawn

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Spring has finally arrived here in the northeast. Going to hit 80 tomorrow! :bliss:
It hit 80 today here in Southern Maryland. It felt good too. I've been so ready for Spring weather to get here. Lately the temps have been all over the place. One week it's in the 30's and 40's then the next it's in the 60's and 70's, then it rains for a few days and then it's back down in the 40's and 50's and vice versa.
Call me strange, but I'd rather it be 100° out than be freezing cold!

Shawn

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Day off from work tomorrow and work just called...such a good feeling to say no thank you to unplanned overtime. I just might stay in bed till 9!

DaleH1985

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That pic reminds me of the state park where my family and I used to vacation at in West Virginia. It's so peaceful and relaxing there. And it's the perfect place to go to just disconnect.

Shawn
Just curious would that happen to be Audra state park you are talking about?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Looks like it would grow here in certain spots AZ.
What is it? Or are you going to wait until full boom? Beautiful.

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
PussyWillow.JPG They are Pussy Willows in their full spring garb, later they'll fuzz and turn a shade of yellow.

DaleH1985

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Dang it's one of those days. Keeping my eyes open is a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors