[[ENDED]] Pre-Launch Coil Giveaway!!! Ends 2/15/2016

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

PureCoils.com will have it's GRAND OPENING on 2/15/2016!

In celebration of this, we're having a Pre-Launch Giveaway!

For the giveaway, we will have 3 winners:
  • First Place - Six (6) pairs of your choice of coils from the PureCoils.com website
  • Second Place - Four (4) pairs of your choice of coils from the PureCoils.com website
  • Third Place - Two (2) pairs of your choice of coils from the PureCoils.com website
The winning entries will be picked at random using random.org

So, you may ask yourself, "Why is CrazyChef doing this?".
Well, it's because I need YOUR input...
Yes, as of right now, I still have a bunch of work to do to get the website ready. But I'm sure with all of the input I receive from the fine folks here at VU, we can make PureCoils.com the best that it can be!

For your entry, you only need to to do three things:
  1. Sign up for the newsletter on the home page at PureCoils.com (in the bottom footer) and take a quick look around the website
  2. In this thread, list something that you think will help to improve PureCoils.com before the Grand Opening on February 15th.
  3. List the coils (from the website) that you would like to receive.
Winners will be announced at approximately 3:00PM Eastern time on 2/15/2016

Please limit your entries to THREE per day.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you would "Like" our page on Facebook: Facebook.com/PureCoils This is NOT a requirement for a contest entry, and WILL NOT affect your entry in any way.

One More Thing: If you just can't wait to get your hands on some of these fine hand crafted, custom made coils, use coupon code VU25 for 25% off of any order placed on or before 2/15/2016!

SMALL PRINT: Contest entries are limited to VU members living in the continental U.S. only.

About Us:
PureCoils.com was started out of my love (obsession?) of making high quality, hand crafted vaper's coils. All of our coils are hand crafted of 100% American made Kanthal A1 and/or Nichrome 80. There are no cheap quality Chinese or Greek wire alloys being used, which can alter, and sometimes even ruin, the flavor and quality of your vape.

At PureCoils.com, our specialty is hand crafting your coils specific to YOUR needs. Although we have stock listed in our "Products" category, we shine at making custom, one of a kind coils built specifically for your particular setup. Please click the "Contact Us" link to send us your requirements, and we'll craft a set of coils just for you.

Last edited:

fratervapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Signed up.

My suggestion would be to tell the mailing list manager not to block spamgourmet.net email addresses. I know it's the domain and not the format because when I swapped to a xoxy.net address it took it (same provider, same format, different domain name).

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay - I'll check with MailChimp on this. Thanks!

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is a sweet deal. Thanks. But you already have your foot in the door by running a contest here. That one of the best ways ever to get the word out for sure.

have a nice day

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
UPDATE:
I added a 3rd requirement - list the coils from the website that you would like. They can all be the same (some people LOVE aliens), or all different. Or 2 pairs each of 3 different coils. Or 5 of one kind, and 1 of another. Whatever you want! :D

UPDATE:
In the event of a duplicate winner (because you can have more than one entry), the NEXT number in the random.org randomized list will be the next winner. Only ONE winning entry per person.

UPDATE:
I'm going to stay out of the conversations in this thread, because I'm "polluting" it with potential entry draws. I just saw on random.org that I can exclude my own post numbers. ALL of your suggestions are going into a OneNote notebook and will be implemented as time allows (some have already been done). Thanks for joining the contest! :D

Chef, a suggestion. Ive noticed alot of traffic/PM's as soon as I posted those Cat Tracks...Make sure you make and put some up on your site...It seems like a hit for people here.
They're in my product listings already, but I have to get some pics up before I make them publicly viewable.
I see that you only list 6 product items per page. Having an option that allows more would be nice. I know there's only 2 pages now but I would rather just scroll up/down instead of going back and forth to pages when looking at things.
I just changed it to allow 32 items per page. That's the max that the ecommerce software will allow for some reason.
That or even how big of a post hole you will need to use that coil.
Good idea - I will add that to my product template

Last edited:

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I added a 3rd requirement - list the coils from the website that you would like. They can all be the same (some people LOVE aliens), or all different. Or 2 pairs each of 3 different coils. Whatever you want! :D
Dam friend you trying to make friends fast. I wana try that alien bad

have a nice day

axelbeam

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would like to try PARALLEL FLATTENED ALIEN / MULTI-STRAND STAGING WIRE never vaped nichrome might need to try it

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not looking for freebies, but I'll list a few things to help with organic listing (for Google-foo power).

Get a G+ page for your business, as well as a facebook page.
BLOG on your site with relative, unique content.

Get backlinks and list your site all over the net on places like Yelp, Foursquare, anywhere that will let you list your business.

Hope that helps.

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I'm not him I'm poor. I'll take all the freebies I can get. Billboard the shit outa my shit if it gets me free stuff I'm game. Lol

have a nice day

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like the site so far. I am personally a newbie to this so I have no clue about the coils never made em. Just bought couple rba's to learn. But might help if the site links to a calculator for coils. The juice list is kinda non existent but i know your starting off. Also like they say links links links. Another Idea might be to contact all search engines i.e. google, yahoo, duck, etc. and see what you need to get your site on the quick list or advertising links. Can't say what type of coils I need but the drip tank I just ordered is the wotofo rush. So hope I helped some.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Get a G+ page for your business, as well as a facebook page.
BLOG on your site with relative, unique content.
Google Plus
Facebook
The blog is something that I definitely want to add in the near future. I may not have time to do it before the full launch, but it's very high on my priority list.
Get backlinks and list your site all over the net on places like Yelp, Foursquare, anywhere that will let you list your business.
Yup. I'm in the process of doing all of this. Excellent suggestions - thanks!

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well the main thing I think you need to stay on if you wana be around awhile. Fast shipping and good costermer services and beat every one else's prices

have a nice day

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Might be a nice addition to the site to have the option to pay with paypal
I was going to add it, but I have an open dispute with PayPal from an eBay business that I had 10 years ago. Yes - 10 YEARS. PayPal is a VERY controlling company if you're a seller, and can make up pretty much any rule they want to keep your money as long as they can.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
But might help if the site links to a calculator for coils
Dude, that's an EXCELLENT idea. I'll put a link to Steam Engine on there tomorrow. Thanks!

As far as search engines go, I'm just waiting on my SEO to propagate. Try Googling "PURECOILS" and see where it shows up in your page views. I'm seeing it on the first page on my computer, but that could be due to my personal IP address.

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude, that's an EXCELLENT idea. I'll put a link to Steam Engine on there tomorrow. Thanks!

As far as search engines go, I'm just waiting on my SEO to propagate. Try Googling "PURECOILS" and see where it shows up in your page views. I'm seeing it on the first page on my computer, but that could be due to my personal IP address.
When i search for purecoils it does show up on first page all your links do. But when I just type in coils for vaping doesn't show on first second or third page. Stopped there. Thats what i'm getting at why search if I know your name. When don't know it and just looking for coils that when I should see it first. You want your site to pop up on any tag for coils for sale....

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

That's not an organic search brotha.

Try googleing "custom vape coils" or some other relavent term.

When you do, you can check your competitors backlinks and do the same for yourself (get backlinks where they are)

mac63

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I see that you only list 6 product items per page. Having an option that allows more would be nice. I know there's only 2 pages now but I would rather just scroll up/down instead of going back and forth to pages when looking at things.

hogheadv

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Signed up for the newsletter.
I know the products says coils and the pictures show dual coils but you might want to make a note that quantity (1) = 2 coils. Unless it doesn't of course.
I wouldn't mind winning an equal mixture of aliens and fused claptons.

mac63

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If (when) I get lucky on this I'd like those Alien coils at .5 ohm.

Thanks for the contest

hogheadv

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also I got a pair of alien coils from your ebay store last week. I have not installed them yet ( waiting on an appropriate RDA to show up through the mail) but they are beautiful looking. Fast shipping as well.

hogheadv

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now come on, either indestructible or twisted messes, show up at my house so I can give these coils a try.

mac63

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was going to add it, but I have an open dispute with PayPal from an eBay business that I had 10 years ago. Yes - 10 YEARS. PayPal is a VERY controlling company if you're a seller, and can make up pretty much any rule they want to keep your money as long as they can.

Paypal is nice for some things but they can be a real PITA a lot of the time.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Added social media share buttons.
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram link icons are in the footer.

Edit: Social Media links are now in their own menu on the left of the main page, as well as share buttons.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If I win I would like some Stitched Aliens or some Framed Staple Aliens, nothing but PITA for me ;)

I can Vouch for CrazyChef's Coils...They are made with Attention to detail and with some of the finest crafting skills Ive seen on the Forum. Ive got a few coils sent by him to try out and I was pretty blown away with his packaging and his business card :D (Which now sits on the Vape Wall of Fame).His site is clean in form and fluid in performance and has been updated daily, this for a programmer shows care and intent.

I wish for those that win or buy from Crazychef the best, your getting much more then what your paying for....

Coils from Chef Ive received:
Alien Coils.jpg
Mutation X4 Aliens Colored.jpg Mutation X4 with Aliens.jpg

Chef, a suggestion. Ive noticed alot of traffic/PM's as soon as I posted those Cat Tracks...Make sure you make and put some up on your site...It seems like a hit for people here.

Last edited:

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow that is awesome love that you put a how many wraps, diameter and what ohms it will come out to. Wouldn't mind a list of atties that would be able accommodate that type of wiring but then again that could be quite the list and very time consuming but just an idea. That or even how big of a post hole you will need to use that coil.

I think the Parallel Flattened Alien staged multi core here http://www.purecoils.com/collections/specialty-coils/products/flattened-alieen-stage-w-multicore is a beautiful coil. Not sure I would have anything I could run that in though :/

Would most like run with fused clapton in .5 https://www.purecoils.com/collections/coils/products/fused-clapton-coils because most of the stuff I run is dual coil so that would put it perfect at .25 :)

I would also like to go basic with the basic clapton http://www.purecoils.com/collections/coils/products/basic-clapton-coils not sure which configuration I would. Whichever it would end up being I would run these in my aromamizer preferable around .2ohm

Thanks for the giveaway. Those are some beautiful coils.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The coils will fit most things with 1.7mm postholes and up (for the 2/3 24g and higher cored coils) and a wrap or 2 added or lost depending on the RDA, this is what would result in change of resistance but the Core wires could be changed to compensate.

Ding

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
NAE
Congrats CC on your launch.Wish you the super best and good fortune.

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good luck with the site. Just a bit out of my price range sorry to say.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
These weren't Made by Chef (They would look even better if so...:() but I fugured I would make a Promotional Pic for his thread...
Cat Track coils seem to be a Hit and I know Chef has pumped them out before so Im sure they will at some point be added to his site.
20160203_201340.jpg

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
These will both be up there soon...

2015-12-04 11.53.47.jpg
2015-12-05 15.31.04.jpg

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really like the idea of this. Its cool but I do however think your prices are a little high. I think if you wana do really good and you have the product. Go low and be so good at it you force the big guys to lower there prices to compete with you because your blowing them out the water

have a nice day

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I really like the idea of this. Its cool but I do however think your prices are a little high. I think if you wana do really good and you have the product. Go low and be so good at it you force the big guys to lower there prices to compete with you because your blowing them out the water

have a nice day
Every business has a target client. Every person has to place a value on their time.

I think he is right where he wants to be, with pricing. Afterall, he isn't just spinning coils on a Kuro Coiler. These coils take a lot of time and talent to make.

A lot of people can't afford an Aston Martin either, but they aren't going to lower the price of the cars to suit people of lesser incomes. Those people are not the business's target audience anyway.

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well that was my opinion an yeah there like assholes everyone has one. But I'm pretty sure that's what he is asking for here.

have a nice day

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wasn't being a dick about it Scooter.
I also own a business. It's a service business, providing a luxury service. I am not cheap, and I don't care to provide my service to everyone with a few bucks in their hand. I service high end clientele. People that hire my company, do so because they don't want to do the work themselves.

I think CC is in the same boat. Anyone can build coils, even some of the coils he builds, with time and effort. The point of selling coils is that people don't WANT to build the coils, and obviously, he already has an audience that are willing to pay his asking price for these coils he builds. WHY then would he want to lower what he charges and make less?

That's akin to a guy working for 15 bucks an hour, and working 40 hours a week. He volunteers to take a 5 buck an hour pay cut so he can work 8 hours of overtime every week to "make more money".

How do you think his current customers would feel about the price being lower NOW, after many have already paid more? And what is to be gained by lowering his prices? Working harder, for less?

That's the wrong way to run a business.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just signed up for the newsletter and checked out your site. Those are some beautiful coils, you definitely do great work!
I would probably pick some alien coils and fused claptons in 0.5 ohms.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't forget, Boys and Girls, VU Members get 25% off until the Grand Opening on 2/15/2016! Use coupon code VU25 (expires on 2/15/2016). www.PureCoils.com After that, VU Members can still save 10% using coupon code VU10, which has no expiration date. Gotta spread the love for my peeps... :D

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Second Entry...Im only going to do one a day, I would like it if someone else would get better chance as I seem to be on a roll with the Giveaways :D

Small Print: I know I can wrap my own but Im still not very good at Aliens with Stitching or Staples...:rolleyes:

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a suggestion, maybe post a promotional video on YouTube and on your site as well. A short cool video montage, clips of actually making the coils, coils being fired up and glowing, clouds blown with your coils, etc, some cool music. The pictures on your Instagram are great, it would be cool to see a quick vid showing your coils come to life.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh we can enter once a day sweeeeet. I keep drooling over the coils. Which ones do you think would work on a velocity dripper or better yet on the aromamizer with velocity deck?

VU Sponsors