Become a Patron!

ENDED - Public Beta Testing Contest for VapeOnly Aura Kit - 1/24

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I know I was super excited. Could be one hell of a starter for a newbie or a really nice stealth vape

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Vapeonly Aura Mini has arrived and is in use!

Initial impressions?

WOW

I followed the instructions in the very complete manual, and installed the .33 Ohm coil. This included filling and sitting aside for a minute.

I powered the device on, and took a vape. Having had some limited experience with Vapeonly pens in the past, I wasn't expecting much. I was wrong!

The vape was warm, and dense.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the battery is 2000 mAh. I thought I had read 1450 somewhere.

The only fly in the ointment was the second drip tip... apparently, there was a mess up in manufacturing, and it's sealed... no air flow at all...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ding

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

The only fly in the ointment was the second drip tip... apparently, there was a mess up in manufacturing, and it's sealed... no air flow at all...

dremel time..............lol

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Initial impressions?

WOW

I followed the instructions in the very complete manual, and installed the .33 Ohm coil. This included filling and sitting aside for a minute.

I powered the device on, and took a vape. Having had some limited experience with Vapeonly pens in the past, I wasn't expecting much. I was wrong!

The vape was warm, and dense.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the battery is 2000 mAh. I thought I had read 1450 somewhere.

I'd say they would send you one. But as ding said drimle time

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Did you guys get extra coils to test and tear apart?

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
OK got home and opened mine up so I could get a good look at it and WOW I am impressed. It has a nice weight and feel to it. The tank is a good size. The only down side I can see upon first inspection is there is no max fill indicator on it so that will be a little bit of trial and error. Then again I have not read the manual yet (plan on doing that here in a little bit) and did not put it to use yet as I want to be able to fill a review for youtube and want to be able to show the complete setup as I unbox it. Love the little orange triangle that was in there warning to let the juice soak into the coil first. Nice thick cord. I am definitely like the looks of this so far.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK got home and opened mine up so I could get a good look at it and WOW I am impressed. It has a nice weight and feel to it. The tank is a good size. The only down side I can see upon first inspection is there is no max fill indicator on it so that will be a little bit of trial and error. Then again I have not read the manual yet (plan on doing that here in a little bit) and did not put it to use yet as I want to be able to fill a review for youtube and want to be able to show the complete setup as I unbox it. Love the little orange triangle that was in there warning to let the juice soak into the coil first. Nice thick cord. I am definitely like the looks of this so far.
Look in the manual. Max fill is the top of the glass ports...

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well guys I checked it out this isn't my official review but a pre review.
I put my best juice in it so I'd no for sure what I was getting into.
Opening the box this dude looks good. Packaged well. It comes with a nice manual. Good step by step instructions tells you everything you need to no. It comes with two drop tips. One is slotted for extra air intake I choose to use that one. It comes with two coils .33 and .5. I'm using the .33. Its all top load and the coil loads to the top witch is pretty cool. At first site everything seems ok let me try it out awhile and I'll give you guys a link to the YouTube review I'm gona do. Be back soon. Oh one more thing the paperwork says it goes from 3 to 53w that's impressive. See ya soon

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So my day was great go my new mattress and bedroom set so I ran some errands driving my car and I hear what sounds like a gun shot and all of a sudden my trunk open light comes on drove it to a store shut the car off then decided I wanted to back in a little more and yeah no go wouldn't start and my battery is in the trunk which is like 4 months old and that's where the sound came from so needless to say yes I have got yet again my piece of shit BMW has been towed I'm so fucking pissed

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Video is still pending. Unfortunately life got in the way so still working on the video but I couldnt wait any longer to bust into this little mod. Initial charge time was pretty quick less than an hr. The tank is decent size but I do have to admit if you are pouring from a bottle it is kinda hard to fill to the top of the glass port windows (might just be my crappy lighting though) not a deal breaker though I just gotta watch what I am doing. The coils are so tiny they are cute. It has a similar principal as the cubis where the whole tank itself is sealed and you just take off the top (coil and chimney attached) fill and screw it back on. I loaded mine up with the .33 ohm coil and loaded it with some 30pg/70vg blueberry crumble from vaping watch. let it sit for a couple minutes and took my first vape. This is a nice little power house. Very impressed with the flavor and the cloud production. Love the adjustable airflow at the top under the drip tip and the bonus drip tip so you can go for either style. I am currently using the oval flatish drip tip and it is quite comfortable to vape on. It has a nice wide bore on it. Will try the other tip out late as well. Will see how long I get on 1 charge and how long the coil holds up. Will be taking this one with me to work this week and run it through the usual day of vaping. I do have to say so far at less than $30 if this was around when I first started I dont think I would have been so quick to try to upgrade. This is definitely an amazing kit to start with and is pretty impressive for a long time vapor as well. I can see this being my perfect stealth mod.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Still waiting for mine to arrive, did anyone get tracking or an email stating its being sent? I havent had any notification that one is even heading my way to test out. PM for my address wasnt replied to either after I sent my details..Kinda odd, last time I wont a Giveaway I got a PM, Email and tracking info...

I hope it arrives soon, Im going to be overloaded with crap to compare and test in the next week or so..

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I received a reply and tracking number that is weird that they have no replied. They are usually really good with sending tracking and a reply.

I tried posting a review to the item page on their site and it says I have already reviewed this product but my review is not showing. Hopefully it will show up and I had just double clicked or something.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It is very tiny though...This is next to the Cuboid and Snow Wolf Mini
20160204_145518.jpg 20160204_145501.jpg

Balrog Mod/Balrog Tank vs Istick 30W/UD Goblin Mini
20160204_154516.jpg 20160204_154548.jpg 20160204_154628.jpg
Notice: That Istick Ive owned since it came out, it has been used daily by the woman for her main mod...The Balrog is a perfect Replacement! I am very thankful for it, Im pretty sick of replacing my cotton as she barely inhales and always seems to burn my cotton...No more of that now that she has a mod she actually likes more then the Istick30w/Goblin Mini!

Last edited:

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Video to follow later. For now, here's a complete write up:

I received this device for beta testing in a contest sponsored by Heaven Gifts on the Vaping Underground forum. That will not color my opinion. As always, your mileage may vary, and I'm just a guy with an opinion...

Once again, Heaven Gifts was super speedy in delivering the goods. I was notified that I had been selected on a Wednesday, and I received the device via DHL by the following Monday. In all my dealings with Heaven Gifts, I have been very impressed with the quality of service and the speed of shipping. Of course, this was for a review and the service and shipping might be a little different for consumers.

I was completely prepared to be disappointed. I had looked at and toyed with some Vapeonly products before - mostly eGo style sticks and clearomizers equivalent to Kanger's Emow or Evod kits. Those did not impress me... they didn't disappoint me, either. They were just there... enh...

I was wrong. This device is very nice. It is 19 mm in diameter, and 153 mm tall with the included mouthpiece. There are four pieces to the device (not counting the spare coils, charging cable, box, or manual. There is a mouthpiece, a tank, a coil and a battery body. The device, all assembled, weighs in at a very light 104 grams or 3.7 ounces. The battery, according to the manual, is a 2000 mAh batttery. It's a straight voltage device with no adjustments, so we're getting a nominal 3.7 volts out of it. It's good for several hours of vaping. The kit also comes in a nice box with a manual, charging cable, extra mouthpiece, extra o-rings, and extra coils (there are two coils: one .5 Ohm coil [they claim it delivers between 21 and 35 watts] and one .33 ohm coil [the claim it delivers between 33 and 53 watts]). There is no wall wart.

From the top down, then...
  • A wide bore, offset, oval drip tip sets over the entire top of the device. At the base of the tip, there is a slanted chrome ring. Under the mouthpiece, there are two rings. One ring slides inside a 510 compatible tube, and the other, thicker ring nests on the outside of the 510 drip tip connector. Vapeonly claims that making the mouthpiece offset prevents spitback. I think they might be right. The oval, offset mouthpiece is quite comfortable and I've had very little spitback. The kit comes with a second wide bore stainless centered mouthpiece, but, unfortunately, my second mouthpiece was in a rather unfinished state. The mouthpiece was plugged... talk about restrictive airflow? How about NO airflow?
  • Beneath the mouthpiece, there is an airflow adjustment ring reminiscent of the band on the UD Bellus. There are 22 small holes on each side, so it's very easy to cut the airflow down to something comfortable for a mouth-to-lung draw, and just as easy to open it all the way up for a slightly restricted direct-to-lung.
  • Beneath the airflow collar is the tank. It is a metal clad glass tank with three slash windows on either side. There is NO chimney! Filling the tank is as easy as pouring up to 3 ml of e-liquid into the tank up to the top of the slash windows. Yes, pouring. No worries about squeeze bottles or droppers. The coil and the chimney are attached to the airflow collar. The coil makes contact with a plate at the bottom of the cup-shaped tank. The tank is 510 threaded, so it can be used on other devices. The center pin does not protrude at all. DO NOT use on a hybrid top cap mech. Don't do it!
  • Beneath the tank is the battery which, if the fire button were a back lit rectangle instead of an oval with a lit power symbol in the middle, could easily be mistaken for a Joyetech eGo ONE XL battery. Other differences include the placement of the micro USB port towards the top, elimination of grooves for 510 airflow in the 510 connector, and, of course, logos. This one says Aura on one side (bear the bottom of the battery body under the fire button) and Vapeonly on the other side (just beneath the micro USB port). There is a single vent hole on the base of the battery, and no certifications engraved anywhere on the device, but that might change as my unit is a beta.
That's it! There ain't no more...

As with any other subohm tank, we are instructed to prime the coil, install it, and let it soak for a minute to prevent burning the wicking which is cotton. I can find no discussion of the coil composition, but I feel relatively certain it is Kanthal. Once primed and installed, the device is powered on by clicking the fire button five times within two seconds. The power indicator set into the fire button will blink white if there is enough charge to proceed with vaping. It will flash red if it needs to be recharged.

Interestingly, the manual specifies that charging is only to take place with a micro USB cable and not with a 510 connector. Once plugged in, the power indicator will turn red for a bit, then the device will enter standby mode as it is charging. The manual makes no mention of passthrough, and although I was able to vape on it while charging, I would not recommend it. It appears to take a little over an hour to charge. I have no whiz bang gadgetry, but I suspect it takes up to a 1 amp charge.

The device, while decidedly simple, does come with the standard run of safeties:
  • Low power warning - the light will flash red 10 times. Please charge...
  • Short circuit - the light will flash red 10 times and enter standby mode. Please check your coil...
  • Low resistance - the light will "double flash" white 5 times and go into standby mode if the coil reads under .2 Ohms. Oddly enough, they recommend a coil above .5 Ohms, but supply a .33 Ohm coil.
  • Open circuit - the white light will flash 10 times and the unit will enter standby mode.
  • Low voltage - the white and red lights will alternate, flashing 5 times.
  • 10 second cutoff - the white light will "triple flash" 5 times and enter into standby mode.
  • Overheat protection - the red light will "triple flash" 5 times and enter into standby mode. Please allow device to cool...
  • Battery overload - the red light will "double flash" 5 times and enter standby mode when the voltage is less than 3.5 volts with a .5 Ohm load. Please charge your device...
That's all I could glean from the manual. The rest was in Chinese... lol

In use, it's simple! Fill 'er up, press the button, inhale, release the button, repeat until it don't vape no more, and then plug it in.

How about some pros and cons?

Pros:
  • Dead simple to use
  • Sleek look
  • Virtually no spitback through the odd looking, yet very comfortable mouthpiece
  • Decent battery life
  • Lots of adjustable airflow
  • Great vape
  • Complete kit (sans wall wart and e-liquid)
  • Inexpensive coils (I've found a five pack for between $7.50 and $9)
Cons
  • Second mouthpiece on my kit was a plug! A little work in the QC department would go a long way.
  • Some conflicting info in the manual: the device will fire down to .2, the recommend .5, and supply .33... hmmmmmmm
  • No wall wart supplied
  • No higher resistance coils for true beginners available - I would like to see a 1 Ohm coil for beginners not yet wanting the subohm experience.
  • No RBA available.
  • I did experience just a hint of flooding when refilling the tank and setting the coil back in. After the first few pulls, though, the flooding and gurgling subsided and did not reappear until I filled the tank again. I've run through around 6 tanks (18 ml or so) on the .33 coil. I have yet to break out the .5 coil*.
Final grade?
  • Finish - 8/10 - The plugged secondary mouthpiece was a real bummer. After about a weeks' worth of use, the primary mouthpiece separated (easy fix, but still...)
  • Form - 10/10 - Dead simple to use, to fill, to charge, and very comfortable.
  • Function - 10/10 - Again, dead simple. No muss, no fuss, no leaks. Just a great vape!
  • Final - 9.3/10 - SOLID A
I have yet to see this device available anywhere, so I cannot say whether or not I would purchase it if I lost or destroyed the one I have. However, if this comes in around $35 (likely, I think, based on the sub $30 selling price I have seen on the Vapeonly Aura Mini), I would certainly make sure I had one on hand and another to give away to a smoker wanting to make the switch. Can I recommend it? Absolutely! It's a highly functional, easy to use subohm starter.

*One final note: I find it interesting that the Joyetech Cubis is getting such widespread recognition and praise. This tank is VERY similar and I believe it came first. In fact, I acquired the Cubis and the coils are - with an extra o-ring here and there to take up some slack - interchangeable. I was able to use the Vapeonly .33 coil in the Cubis tank if I did not screw the coil all the way on (the Vapeonly coils are about a mm shorter), and I was able to use the Cubis .5 coil in the Vapeonly Aura tank (the tank would not fully screw in place). In fact, I think that the Vapeonly Aura coils might just be a tad bit better in terms of flavor and performance, but only time will tell...

If you're interested in other reviews, I post them on my blog at http://www.controlledcoil.com and accompany many of them with videos on my YouTube channel (under my name... I'm sneaky that way)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors