Become a Patron!

ENDED - Win a full set of TRUVE Juice!

tr1age

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
truvegiveaway.jpg

This image pretty much sums it up but here is more info:
We recently did a review of the Juice and they wanted to giveaway some on our video:

To win you must comment on our photo on their instagram and sub to both their instagram and ours @tristanpope and @truve_vapor_inc

-------------

You can check out his juice line at:
truvenyc.com - promo code 10% off "alttabme"
instagram.com/truve_vapor_inc
(currently their payment system is down, in 2 days of this post it should be good to go!)

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't enter as I don't have twitter like alot of people on here but thanks anyway

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a novel idea, run a contest that members can join here on the forum
tumblr_mizhlunbwv1r4zr2vo2_r1_500_zpscb82ec0f.gif

tr1age

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Here's a novel idea, run a contest that members can join here on the forum
tumblr_mizhlunbwv1r4zr2vo2_r1_500_zpscb82ec0f.gif

Hey look it is free shit, I am just following what they wanted to do with their contest. Sorry it doesn't work for everyone.

tr1age

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Ahhhh, ok so you are using us to win your contest....ok gotcha
Not at all, I am not trying to win anything. They gave us some juice to review and giveaway. So I figured I would spread the love.... what's with the hostility? Usually everyone is so nice here :(

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not at all, I am not trying to win anything. They gave us some juice to review and giveaway. So I figured I would spread the love.... what's with the hostility? Usually everyone is so nice here :(

My 2 cents, if you post a contest on the forum it should be open to everyone on the forum without having to like this, tweet that, snap chat whatever.

Just my thought, not trying to come across like a jerk just limits some of us who given the chance to win the juice might fall in love and order it.

fratervapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I saw your review, good job with that:) See I was being nice:)

The review vid really was good. I like the format, the interaction between you two, and the benefit of Rita's taster experience. Subbed.

tr1age

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
My 2 cents, if you post a contest on the forum it should be open to everyone on the forum without having to like this, tweet that, snap chat whatever.

Just my thought, not trying to come across like a jerk just limits some of us who given the chance to win the juice might fall in love and order it.

I feel ya, however I did read the rules for posting here and it says it can be via social media outlets. So I will make sure the next time I get a cool giveaway thrown my way to do a forum only!

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I watched the review it was a great review. And thanks for the chance for the juice

have a nice day

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for the contest! (No Social Media)

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Entered, thanks for the chance!

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I'm a newbie to this forum but I do like the opportunity that you give out with this contest. I watched you review and liked it. I don't do social media so I won't be entering your contest. But ty for the contest. I understand why you choose social media to do it. No better way for decent advertising. Still do wish forum users have the opportunity to enter.

tr1age

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Ok I'm a newbie to this forum but I do like the opportunity that you give out with this contest. I watched you review and liked it. I don't do social media so I won't be entering your contest. But ty for the contest. I understand why you choose social media to do it. No better way for decent advertising. Still do wish forum users have the opportunity to enter.

Thanks! Will keep the forum only giveaway in mind if any of my sponsors decide to go that direction. Social media is kinda the king of marketing for them and in the end it isn't my stuff to give out but just a nice thing they allow me to do to give you all free shit! :) Hey why not just make a social media account then delete it when you are done :) Takes about as much time as signing up for the forums did haha. <3 you all

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are like 20 contests on the forum on any given day. Why should vendors have to go out of their way to post on a thousand forums when they are already kind enough to give stuff away?

If you guys "don't do social media" then "don't do the contest". The vendors already are giving free stuff away with their hard earned money, why should they have to go out of their way to set up a contest to your specifications?

Not speaking to anyone in particular, but to everyone who said "I don't do social media"..... What if the vendor "doesn't do" forums? What if the vendor is trying to GROW on their social media, because it allows for more exposure and therefore more business?

It takes less than 60 seconds to register an account on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Youtube. EVERY SINGLE ONE of you guys could easily register an account ONCE, and follow the actual contest guidelines.

Shit, you don't even have to put your real name on it. You don't have to ' "do" social media ', and the generous vendors and their giveaways can stay the way they are.

Basically, if you don't want to do what it says in the rules to do, then move on to a different contest and don't complain.

Before someone argues with me, because I know someone will, let me just say that I don't "do" Instagram or Pinterest. But this contest calls for IG, so I opened up an account and "liked" the picture how they asked me to.

Very simple, it took literally less then 45 seconds in total.

Just follow the rules, or move on! Incredibly simple. Color by number. 1....2.....3! Easy!

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks! Will keep the forum only giveaway in mind if any of my sponsors decide to go that direction. Social media is kinda the king of marketing for them and in the end it isn't my stuff to give out but just a nice thing they allow me to do to give you all free shit! :) Hey why not just make a social media account then delete it when you are done :) Takes about as much time as signing up for the forums did haha. <3 you all
Seriously man!

Social media is THE WAY TO GO FOR MARKETING.

There are thousands upon thousands of forums, and the vendors are already showing kindness and generosity with these things. Why should the company have to change their marketing because a few people on a forum said they should?

The stuff is going to a deserving person with the contests like this. Some of these guys are just lazy. "I don't do social media"...... well, nobody is making you!

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had one for a while just wasn't into the political swing it was going. Then got blasted by adds and spybots and went from a way to connect to way for companies to track what I liked. Hit like on a product and bet you youll get a spam mail from a place closely related to what you liked.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are like 20 contests on the forum on any given day. Why should vendors have to go out of their way to post on a thousand forums when they are already kind enough to give stuff away?

If you guys "don't do social media" then "don't do the contest". The vendors already are giving free stuff away with their hard earned money, why should they have to go out of their way to set up a contest to your specifications?

Not speaking to anyone in particular, but to everyone who said "I don't do social media"..... What if the vendor "doesn't do" forums? What if the vendor is trying to GROW on their social media, because it allows for more exposure and therefore more business?

It takes less than 60 seconds to register an account on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Youtube. EVERY SINGLE ONE of you guys could easily register an account ONCE, and follow the actual contest guidelines.

Shit, you don't even have to put your real name on it. You don't have to ' "do" social media ', and the generous vendors and their giveaways can stay the way they are.

Basically, if you don't want to do what it says in the rules to do, then move on to a different contest and don't complain.

Before someone argues with me, because I know someone will, let me just say that I don't "do" Instagram or Pinterest. But this contest calls for IG, so I opened up an account and "liked" the picture how they asked me to.

Very simple, it took literally less then 45 seconds in total.

Just follow the rules, or move on! Incredibly simple. Color by number. 1....2.....3! Easy!

I'll speak on the side that doesn't do social media.
We don't for various reasons. If a vendor wants to do giveaways on those networks, GREAT for them.
They want to come here stumping for likes, votes, or whatever, then they should make a way for the users of this forum, to enter, without having to do something special for the vendor (like signing up for an account someplace they don't want to use).

It's simple. The vendor wants advertising, but refuses to let members here join in, unless we do some silly shit we aren't doing, so their marketing can grow. Lots of us here don't do social media, and we are not going to.

Instead of going around to various groups on facebook, where people who USE social media are, they come here, on a private forum. They exclude a share of the membership.
IMO, it shows a lack of respect for the members and board, as well as waves a big middle finger in our faces.

If you want a "facebook" contest, then keep it the fuck on facebook.

You may not understand our annoyance with it, but I don't understand why these contests keep getting posted here either. This is vapingunderground.com, not face book or twitter, or pintrest. I wish Joe would change the rules to post contests on the forum. A bunch of us get sick of all these facebook contests.

You don't need this forum to advertise it, if you want traffic.

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I am guessing you don't run your own business, huh?

This is a "contests" sub-forum. I don't see any specific places for "social network contests", do you?

Basically what you are saying is that........ Because you select few are literally afraid of Facebook for who knows what reason (Facebook and Twitter do not "sell" your email addresses, you can argue with me all you want but I have active Twitter AND Facebook accounts registered under email addresses that do not get spam mail).

I know you think you are doing "silly shit" specifically for a contest, but if you just had a dummy account for the inevitable MILLION times you are going to be asked for it on the internet, you wouldn't have to complain about signing up.

And best of all, you can still tell all your friends that you don't "do" social networking. The future of society and the market lies in social media, trying to resist it is futile.

What do you "gain" by not using social networks? I realize I probably won't get a real answer out of any of you guys, but still! Either you never got into it in the first place (in which case you will in the future), or you got into it and then got back out of it (in which case you will get back into it again), or you are just saying you don't use any social networks to be part of the "non-clique" clique.

In any case, you need to stop thinking the world should revolve around you. Vendors are awesome for posting free gifts up for people. I can't believe you guys are finding something to complain about again!

When it is an easy contest to participate in, people complain about the vendor and the products they sent out. When the products are good but shipping takes a week, people complain and assume the vendor is skipping town with their prize. When a few vendors post an opportunity for you to win free juice, or an RDA, or a new mod, etc, you guys complain about not being able to sign up for the giveaway because of your own choice to forbid yourself from joining a social networking site (despite probably having an incredibly ambiguous concept as to what that even means).

What is "social networking", to you?

Keep in mind that a forum is a social network.

tr1age

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
A forum to me is a place to spread information and hang out with people. I too run a community at alttabme.com
And like my forum it has this:

share1.PNG share2.PNGshare3.PNG
I mean maybe social media doesn't want your non-social media shares? :p I kid I kid!

I get it some people don't like social media because of privacy, problem is, this forum is way less secure than any social media outlet. Not to mention, if you own a smartphone, you are basically assimilated already social media or not.

Use gmail? Even more screwed.

Google search? Fucked.

All I am saying is this, everyone uses it in one way or another, this forum is a form of it.

This is not a debate of social media good or bad, or who is right or wrong, this was a "following the guidelines post" about a contest I was able to attach to a juice review by the people who gave me the juice, since I do reviews. I figured hey, those guys and girls are vaping underground prolly like free shit, I will share.

Done and done. Enter, don't enter. End of story.

By the time it took everyone to post on here you could have entered the contest or moved on to another one.

I know for me, as a reviewer, I make videos to inform people what's up with products, not just promote them(yup i do negative reviews). So when I get a cool product to give away as a perk to the review damn skippy I would want people to come to my youtube and post something. :) I mean my future giveaways are going to be two starter kits that I know of already, and it will require subbing and posting a comment, and I would LOVE to share those with you all. Just like there is a section for me to post those reviews here, I see no difference in asking someone to go to YouTube to watch my video than to go to instagram to like a photo for a contest.

Anyway contest is still open, Next time I will label the thing "social media" for redundancy.

Peace and Love in my world, negativity can suck a flower!

Last edited:

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@tr1age Totally agree with everything you said man. Sorry to hijack the thread like that, I am just not very fond of excuses.

Like why should everyone else who entered the contest have to follow the rules, but these people think they are above them.

For some reason the phrase "I don't 'do' social media" just irritates the crap out of me!

There was a period of time where I wasn't active on social media (actually it was for a couple years). I had an account on Facebook, but I was depressed and my family wasn't talking to me. I didn't feel like I had any friends. So I thought, why go on Facebook? No one is going to hit me up on there anyways (or so I thought).

My point is, that I had a legitimate reason to not be actively engaged on there.

HOWEVER, I did (and still do) have several "dummy" accounts for any time I need one. It saves me a ridiculous amount of time logging in all over the internet, it keeps me in touch with friends and family all over the world, and it is AMAZING for bouncing ideas (business or personal) off of HUGE amounts of people in minimal time.

So saying "I don't 'do' social media" is a joke to me... A really lame, WTF?! kind of joke. You are literally saying "I don't want easy access to millions upon millions of people, I am not interested in the best way to promote myself and/or my business, I don't want to keep in touch with friends or family, I don't want to stay updated on deaths/births in my social circle, I don't want an easy-to-manage calendar with most of the events, classes, shows, seminars, etc in my area, I don't want to meet new people, I don't want people to see my life from an outside perspective, etc etc"....

There are SO many things you are missing out on, just because you want to stand by your self-image as "better than everyone that uses social media".

I seriously SERIOUSLY want to know why you people are so afraid of the big, bad Facebook. Please tell me! I am a psychology major, and I really don't understand the logic here.... but I want to!

reddhott

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Vape Advocacy
Member For 5 Years
i think what most r saying and wanting is for them to have a contest here on VU so all here can play.
I run contests all the time...so i run one here for just the VU fans..and i also run fb contests just for fb peeps and i do contests on other forums.
i try to make em all happy lol.
sometimes we do a 2 parter where u do a couple of things..you only have to do one but the other gets you a xtra chance..
but its always a contest the vu members can play.
i have posted links to our fb contests on vu in the past..but we still had a contest just for vu too

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did I win I won right....

have a nice day

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll speak on the side that doesn't do social media.
We don't for various reasons. If a vendor wants to do giveaways on those networks, GREAT for them.
They want to come here stumping for likes, votes, or whatever, then they should make a way for the users of this forum, to enter, without having to do something special for the vendor (like signing up for an account someplace they don't want to use).

It's simple. The vendor wants advertising, but refuses to let members here join in, unless we do some silly shit we aren't doing, so their marketing can grow. Lots of us here don't do social media, and we are not going to.

Instead of going around to various groups on facebook, where people who USE social media are, they come here, on a private forum. They exclude a share of the membership.
IMO, it shows a lack of respect for the members and board, as well as waves a big middle finger in our faces.

If you want a "facebook" contest, then keep it the fuck on facebook.

You may not understand our annoyance with it, but I don't understand why these contests keep getting posted here either. This is vapingunderground.com, not face book or twitter, or pintrest. I wish Joe would change the rules to post contests on the forum. A bunch of us get sick of all these facebook contests.

You don't need this forum to advertise it, if you want traffic.
Indeed

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
View attachment 40613

This image pretty much sums it up but here is more info:
We recently did a review of the Juice and they wanted to giveaway some on our video:

To win you must comment on our photo on their instagram and sub to both their instagram and ours @tristanpope and @truve_vapor_inc

-------------

You can check out his juice line at:
truvenyc.com - promo code 10% off "alttabme"
instagram.com/truve_vapor_inc
(currently their payment system is down, in 2 days of this post it should be good to go!)
When is the winner being drawn please?

VU Sponsors