Become a Patron!

ENDED-Win! Win! Win! Huge UD Balrog TC Kits Giveaway by HeavenGifts----------1/21/2016

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah I haven't had any dry hits and I tested this .5 coil chain vaping at 30 watts till I nic overdosed. Now I feel like shit lol.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
That's the one I've been using, too. Awesome flavor from it STILL and I've been using it since last Wednesday. Haven't tried the 1.8. I tore apart the Ni coil to see if I could rebuild it, since I don't use TC. No luck, thus far.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's the one I've been using, too. Awesome flavor from it STILL and I've been using it since last Wednesday. Haven't tried the 1.8. I tore apart the Ni coil to see if I could rebuild it, since I don't use TC. No luck, thus far.
Must be able to be rebuilt I rebuild crown and tfv4 all the time can't be much more difficult then that.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn this tank nor wattage is my style at all and I just put in the .5 ohm coil head and at 25 watts I have to say this is an enjoyable vape.. I'm impressed I haven't had a Mc nugget tank that preformed like this...well ever. Idk what's up with the ni200 coil heads but the .5 is nice..

Oddly enough, my experience was the other way around. The 0.5 coil just wouldn't wick properly, primed the coils, let it soak, try primer pulls and it just wouldn't wick. I changed to the NI200 and it's been wicking well. The first tank had muted flavor, but as the coil broke in the flavor has improved. I'm on my 6th or 7th tank with the NI200 coil is the flavor has been good.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How have you found the battery indicator on the mod? Accurate? This is my first mod with a separate battery and don't want to damage the battery. Should I swap or charge it before the screen says battery low? The book says it has a cut off of 3.3V

Thanks! Vape on
It should be fine, it has built in protections.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oddly enough, my experience was the other way around. The 0.5 coil just wouldn't wick properly, primed the coils, let it soak, try primer pulls and it just wouldn't wick. I changed to the NI200 and it's been wicking well. The first tank had muted flavor, but as the coil broke in the flavor has improved. I'm on my 6th or 7th tank with the NI200 coil is the flavor has been good.
I hope this isn't a preview of the coils when they start selling them.

When you get this nailed down, hit me up. The insulator is hard plastic, and I can't get the top of the coil off. It seems to be like the Nautilus coils in that respect. I'm not hammering and chiseling to get a coil apart, LOL.

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Must be able to be rebuilt I rebuild crown and tfv4 all the time can't be much more difficult then that.

I have yet to break one of the smok coils down do you have any pics of what it looks like apart

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hope this isn't a preview of the coils when they start selling them.

When you get this nailed down, hit me up. The insulator is hard plastic, and I can't get the top of the coil off. It seems to be like the Nautilus coils in that respect. I'm not hammering and chiseling to get a coil apart, LOL.
Just got it.. take plyers and give it a little pull pops right out.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
205923ce950f168b091f8ef1a1f132fc.jpg

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got that far, but the top part looks like 2 pieces press fit together. Could be very wrong, though. How did you remove the screen without damaging it, or did you just pop it out?
You don't have to re use that screen it's pointless. If anything it adds more spitback.

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You don't have to re use that screen it's pointless. If anything it adds more spitback.

Yeah he is right that's always first thing I chuck

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got that far, but the top part looks like 2 pieces press fit together. Could be very wrong, though. How did you remove the screen without damaging it, or did you just pop it out?
But if you must I got it out fine without damaging it.. but it will be really hard to get a good build in and reinstall that screen.
Sorry for the shitty pic my phone sucks at close ups.
d69cafd4984e04fb0b9d454cc9542f84.jpg

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oops I guess I dint answer your question I just used a paintbrush that was the exact size of the screen pushed it in and it popped right out.
Obviously pop it out through the bottom.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It seems to me so far that since I removed the screen on the coil rebuild the flavor has increased. I'm enjoying it been using nothing but this set up for 2 days loving it.. although the paint is already coming off the balrog and I'm being super gentle with it.. never even put it in my pocket.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It seems to me so far that since I removed the screen on the coil rebuild the flavor has increased. I'm enjoying it been using nothing but this set up for 2 days loving it.. although the paint is already coming off the balrog and I'm being super gentle with it.. never even put it in my pocket.

Mine is perfect and beat on it badly since its my outside mod

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

What did your rebuild ohm out to?

Thanks! Vape on

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mine is perfect and beat on it badly since its my outside mod

It seems to me, from reading all the comments on it, that the quality is really hit or miss on all aspects. It all depends on which one you got.
So far, I have not experienced any leaking as some people have talked about. I did notice that there is a little bit inside where the airflow is but not enough to actually leak out. My battery life, using the 1.8 coil on ~17W, from my limited experience with 18650 batteries is great. The mod works as expected and described and the finish has not suffered at all but I also haven't dropped it or really been outside with it. I find when I change flavors first off its great but then it dies out but this is probably my taste buds more than the tank. The one thing I don't like is the airflow. It needs some sort of an indication on how much it's open, just a little dot on that bottom ring above the airflow control at both ends of the opening would be enough.

Thanks! Vape on

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For what I payed I love mine, but had i bought it I would be kinda disappointed, one of the battery door magnets came off and I don't like the fact that they put the spring loaded side for inserting the battery on the positive side. Haven't used the tank enough to give a good opinion of that tho, waiting on a juice order.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As a professional vaper I think it's a well made mod. If I bought it I'd be happy with the purchase. I really like the size and battery life is good.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As a professional vaper I think it's a well made mod. If I bought it I'd be happy with the purchase. I really like the size and battery life is good.

I agree. But as was said you got one that dint leak or break. But I did two and I love it.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think the leaks might be from missing coil orings. My two coils orings fell off when I took them out.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the leaks might be from missing coil orings. My two coils orings fell off when I took them out.

That's nice to know. I'll have to keep an eye out

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My ni200 coil had a hot spot at first. I had to pop off the 510 pin and pull out the lead a little. I think I did it by cranking the coil stupid tight.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tried the ni 200 coil. It's not for me. I can't get much of any flavor from it and it's lacking in vapor production, IMO. I've got an experiment going with the 1.8 to see if I could clean it with boiling water and a high pressure syringe. See what happens

Thanks! Vape on

Ding

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If the holes were larger and/or multiple, the vape would be outstanding.It's a work in progress with growing pains.Yeah the ni200 coils aren't all that great,even on my target tank.barely any flavor or vapor.pushed to 590 and no joy

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm in the process of drilling out the juice channels to 1/8th I will keep you posted on how that works with flavor and wicking.. although I have this .5 coil up to 60 watts with 99 vg and no dry hits.. starts to get dry at 70 tho.

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aw mixed review's

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aw mixed review's

I think most people like the .5 coil it's the ni200 one that seems to give problems.. but I've honestly never seen the point of temp control on a wire this small.. what is half a second to long of ramp up time? Idk that's just my thought.. why over complicate something that works fine.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really enjoyed the 1.8 for the 3 days it lasted. I'm going to try the 0.5 tomorrow when I get my new juice

Thanks! Vape on

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm also waiting for the 1.8 to dry from a bath. Hopefully it brought it back to life

Thanks! Vape on

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The 1.8 coil tasted like metal to me :( and I got a few dry hits so it looks like .5 is the best coil

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The 1.8 coil tasted like metal to me :( and I got a few dry hits so it looks like .5 is the best coil

I loved the 1.8
Best I've ever used! I'm using the .5 now and the 1.8 was way better. I found anyway, it seems that the quality is all over the place. A lot like the early findings on the nautilus and nautilus mini and when the BVCs came out.

Thanks! Vape on

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just tear um out and put a build you know Is good in them.. the tank and mod are nice enough for me to put the extra effort in.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm going to do a ~1.8 again tomorrow. I got some good cotton yesterday. I was trying to use the cotton rounds that the wife had but they werent working well. I'm hoping I can replicate close to the stock 1.8

Thanks! Vape on

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So after not much response from @Heaven Gifts to the doa balrog they sent me.
I took matters into my own hands.
Armed with electrical knowledge I can in fact say the temp protection works. UD had a second set of buttons arcing the board and melting stuff to it.

Those small adjustment buttons were in place but there was another set in the housing arcing stuff out.

So no word from @Heaven Gifts since after chinese new year with vid.

BAAAAD UD qc. What they sent me was dangerous and glad it worked correctly not blowing up.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So after not much response from @Heaven Gifts to the doa balrog they sent me.
I took matters into my own hands.
Armed with electrical knowledge I can in fact say the temp protection works. UD had a second set of buttons arcing the board and melting stuff to it.

Those small adjustment buttons were in place but there was another set in the housing arcing stuff out.

So no word from @Heaven Gifts since after chinese new year with vid.

BAAAAD UD qc. What they sent me was dangerous and glad it worked correctly not blowing up.
So you got it to work!

VU Sponsors