Become a Patron!

Enjoying this-what could I get as an 'upgrade'.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello people, I gave up analogs over 8 months ago, but just started vaping at zero Nic to experience the flavours. I've got a lovely fruity one at the moment, and I really am enjoying it :).

I bought myself a protank mini II as an upgrade a few days ago, as I had a few EGO batteries, and the disposable clearomizers werent all that, this gives really thick vapour compared to what I remember, I don't know how the battery will last, but I gather I won't get much between charges ( This is my first battery charge with the protank).

I'm enjoying it so much actually, that in a few weeks I am willing to spend up to £50 on something 'better'. It does not need to look like an ego, and I actually quite like the rectangular vapes.

I take mouth to lung hits, not direct to lung to enjoy the flavour.

I'm not sure on the terms but I guess I am looking for whats known as a PVD or RVD maybe? I wan't something that gives nice clouds ( They don't have to be huge, just nice and creamy so I get a nice hit of flavour), a fairly good battery life, and I don't know if it is still the in thing ( I last vaped in 2013, these batteries are from then, and that is why I got the protank II as that was quite good at the time, it was all I really knew of so bought that new the other day for cheap).

So, any advice on something around 50 pounds that sounds like it could fit me would be great. I could stretch to slightly more, maybe £60, but this is honestly my limit as this is only for flavours, not ciggarette replacement, but I think I should be able to treat myself a little :).

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you whiskey, would something like this be good for what I am looking for, the Joyetech eGrip 20W? Thats right within my budget, and the kind of shape I want.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have an iTaste MVP 2.0 and have loved it from the moment I got it. I recently picked up an iStick 20 watt and really, really like this one, too! I think you'd be happy with either of those. Those who have the eGrip, really enjoy them, as well.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would suggest the Sigelei 30 Watt Mini.

Small shirt pocket friendly box mod. Has a owner replaceable battery, internal USB charger that works well and is right in your budget range.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have decided on an Innokin Itast MVP 3.0. Just in my price range and seems good. ( This is the most likely I get next payday, my mind may of changed but it seems to suit me the best)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would suggest the Sigelei 30 Watt Mini.

Small shirt pocket friendly box mod. Has a owner replaceable battery, internal USB charger that works well and is right in your budget range.
That is also an option. I think that will be the one I go for as it has a replaceable battery.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't comment on the cloupor, but a quality 30 watt device would be a great choice. That's enough power to handle most mouth to lung atomizers. I think you should also consider getting a nice rebuildable tank atomizer. Some version of a Kayfun would be my first recommendation. Genesis style atomizers are extremely popular in Europe because the flavor is reportedly unmatched and the 'Next Gen' rebuildable tank atomizer is a model that has apparently addressed and fixed many issues genesis devices have traditionally suffered from. I love my Kayfun and I've decided to give the Next Gen a try to see what a genesis wicked with stainless steel mesh is all about. Just a few thoughts. Good luck.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't comment on the cloupor, but a quality 30 watt device would be a great choice. That's enough power to handle most mouth to lung atomizers. I think you should also consider getting a nice rebuildable tank atomizer. Some version of a Kayfun would be my first recommendation. Genesis style atomizers are extremely popular in Europe because the flavor is reportedly unmatched and the 'Next Gen' rebuildable tank atomizer is a model that has apparently addressed and fixed many issues genesis devices have traditionally suffered from. I love my Kayfun and I've decided to give the Next Gen a try to see what a genesis wicked with stainless steel mesh is all about. Just a few thoughts. Good luck.
For now I will go with the 30 watt device and see how I get on, the rebuildables are all new to me so I am a bit confused. I am going to give myself some time to get used to the clouper, then if I feel I need more performance I may go onto rebuildables, but I may find the 30 watt to be enough for what I want. If so that will mean less money to spend, so thats a bonus lol.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While you're ordering, toss in a Smok ADC for about ten dollars. It will fit your Ego Batteries, and it works well with higher VG juices. I use the Micro Core-A coils that allow me to adjust the wick holes for thicker juice, but the coil that comes with the ADC is good enough.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While you're ordering, toss in a Smok ADC for about ten dollars. It will fit your Ego Batteries, and it works well with higher VG juices. I use the Micro Core-A coils that allow me to adjust the wick holes for thicker juice, but the coil that comes with the ADC is good enough.
Thanks for the advice, I really don't know what head to get for my new mod! It's an exciting new world I am enjoying :). Wont be untill next weekend I can order but I am already excited lol.

Also the 30 watt head I am ordering can do 'Sub ohm vaping' which the man on the phone seemed fond of. I understand its vaping with a head below 1 ohm, but not what it really does.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My first upgrade was from the ego to mvp. It was the greatest thing ever at the time for me. I felt more satisfied with my vape, like I was getting more of a vape . The ability to also better control the volts/watts with the mvp over the ego twist. The mvp I had took a beating and worked perfectly every time. Ohhhh memories.....

I love seeing posts like this, reminds me of when I first started.....l
WELCOME @conanthewarrior, hope you find any info n help you may be looking for, you have come to the right place for that.....

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello people, I gave up analogs over 8 months ago, but just started vaping at zero Nic to experience the flavours. I've got a lovely fruity one at the moment, and I really am enjoying it :).

I bought myself a protank mini II as an upgrade a few days ago, as I had a few EGO batteries, and the disposable clearomizers werent all that, this gives really thick vapour compared to what I remember, I don't know how the battery will last, but I gather I won't get much between charges ( This is my first battery charge with the protank).

I'm enjoying it so much actually, that in a few weeks I am willing to spend up to £50 on something 'better'. It does not need to look like an ego, and I actually quite like the rectangular vapes.

I take mouth to lung hits, not direct to lung to enjoy the flavour.

I'm not sure on the terms but I guess I am looking for whats known as a PVD or RVD maybe? I wan't something that gives nice clouds ( They don't have to be huge, just nice and creamy so I get a nice hit of flavour), a fairly good battery life, and I don't know if it is still the in thing ( I last vaped in 2013, these batteries are from then, and that is why I got the protank II as that was quite good at the time, it was all I really knew of so bought that new the other day for cheap).

So, any advice on something around 50 pounds that sounds like it could fit me would be great. I could stretch to slightly more, maybe £60, but this is honestly my limit as this is only for flavours, not ciggarette replacement, but I think I should be able to treat myself a little :).

A "fruity" flavor I enjoy is "Melonomenon" from Velvet Cloud. It's 100% VG, though. I cut mine with PG and it still holds its flavor.

If you go for an RDA, the Paradigm Magma (clone by Infinite is the best clone) works well for mouth to lung hits, and is claimed by RIP Trippers to deliver some of the best flavor. I would tend to agree that the flavor is a bit better, but the main reason for choosing the Magma is that it is good for mouth to lung vaping.

With an RDA, you can vape 100% VG and blow some decent clouds.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the advice, I really don't know what head to get for my new mod! It's an exciting new world I am enjoying :). Wont be untill next weekend I can order but I am already excited lol.

Also the 30 watt head I am ordering can do 'Sub ohm vaping' which the man on the phone seemed fond of. I understand its vaping with a head below 1 ohm, but not what it really does.
I vape above 1 ohm and below 1 ohm. I'm not sure why. One difference is the quicker response time after you press the button, but is that really necessary? I vape my above ohm most of the time. The sub ohm seems unnecessary. Easy to drown yourself in all the latest gadgets, which will make you a "collector." And a poor man. Really, there is no ultimate vape. Some of the chase for the ultimate vape is simply a frustrated reaction to wanting to smoke a cigarette. Good luck on choosing a setup that works for you and that fulfills you. And, if at all possible, "try before you buy".

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a question, what is an RBA and what benefit will it give me over say, a Nautilus tank? If there is a benefit to them, I will be willing to get one in a few weeks time( This order will just be for the 30watt box, battery, and 5 replacement coils for my protank to see me over, as this is just over my £60 limit. I will have to wait until my next payday to get a better tank or RBA.

Also, another maybe silly question, why would I want 100% VG juice? I have quite a lot of propolyne glycol from something else I do, so If I get the VG I will not be working with nicotine, just flavourings, so think that will probably be the first home-made thing I make-Juice! I need to do some reading though, as I like vanilla but don't know if it would be safe to put a drop of vannila flavouring/essence in my mix.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RDA = rebuildable dripping atomizer, it is used for dripping your juice. You would have to learn how to build coils and wick the coils. When using an rda one would drip a few drops of juice on the coil(s) and vape. There is some learning that you should do before getting into dripping. I drip and can't seem to find a tank that gives me what I need, even with the subtank craz going on.
I would recommend you looking into the kanger subtank mini or herkales subtank. You basically get as close to dripping as possible without the coil building, ohms law knowledge needed. HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDFOR YOU. My wife uses the herkales and loves it, it took me over a year trying to get her to put down the kanger mini

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I need to do some reading though, as I like vanilla but don't know if it would be safe to put a drop of vannila flavouring/essence in my mix.
Do the reading. The DIY sections of VU are incredible! Don't use the vanilla from your kitchen.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RDA = rebuildable dripping atomizer, it is used for dripping your juice. You would have to learn how to build coils and wick the coils. When using an rda one would drip a few drops of juice on the coil(s) and vape. There is some learning that you should do before getting into dripping. I drip and can't seem to find a tank that gives me what I need, even with the subtank craz going on.
I would recommend you looking into the kanger subtank mini or herkales subtank. You basically get as close to dripping as possible without the coil building, ohms law knowledge needed. HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDFOR YOU. My wife uses the herkales and loves it, it took me over a year trying to get her to put down the kanger mini

So Sub ohm vaping is the way to go yes? I wil be buying the box and battery and spare coils for my protanks next saturday, and then order a better tank 2 weeks after that, as thats how my pay works. I can't go spending £100+ in one go, the missus will go mad lol.
I'm going to get her on it as well hopefully as she is trying to quit smoking, but didn't like the ego styles, I have explained with this she can change the voltage and wattage to her liking untill she gets a vapour she likes.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You will produce clouds n get your flavor. Do it with a sub ohm tank and then move onto rda's if u want. This is just my opinion though.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So Sub ohm vaping is the way to go yes? I wil be buying the box and battery and spare coils for my protanks next saturday, and then order a better tank 2 weeks after that, as thats how my pay works. I can't go spending £100+ in one go, the missus will go mad lol.
I'm going to get her on it as well hopefully as she is trying to quit smoking, but didn't like the ego styles, I have explained with this she can change the voltage and wattage to her liking untill she gets a vapour she likes.
My ego batteries have adjustable voltage. If the voltage is not adjustable (a flat 3.7 volts), then use a 2.0 to 2.5 ohm coil. If the voltage is adjustable, you can use a 1.5 to 1.8 ohm coil vaped at 3.2 volts.
You live in the UK. How about Allen Carr's clinics?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Al
My ego batteries have adjustable voltage. If the voltage is not adjustable (a flat 3.7 volts), then use a 2.0 to 2.5 ohm coil. If the voltage is adjustable, you can use a 1.5 to 1.8 ohm coil vaped at 3.2 volts.
You live in the UK. How about Allen Carr's clinics?

HI, thanks for the advice on the coils, I will probably use a 1.5 or 1.8 to start with, not sure on wattage or voltage though so need to read up. I have already quit smoking myself, and my partner had as well but had a relapse into something else which led to her smoking again, I have helped her off of the first thing as that was more important, so without that the ciggarettes shouldn't be a problem.
She is on champix at the moment, so that helps quite a lot, and I wouldn't be able to afford a clinic in all honesty. Thank you though for the link.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Al

HI, thanks for the advice on the coils, I will probably use a 1.5 or 1.8 to start with, not sure on wattage or voltage though so need to read up. I have already quit smoking myself, and my partner had as well but had a relapse into something else which led to her smoking again, I have helped her off of the first thing as that was more important, so without that the ciggarettes shouldn't be a problem.
She is on champix at the moment, so that helps quite a lot, and I wouldn't be able to afford a clinic in all honesty. Thank you though for the link.
I have the Allen Carr book "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking." It was my intent to read it and then toss the smokes. But I never finished it, so I opted for vaping. One idea of his is not to substitute anything for smoking...to simply ride out the craving without reaching for food or gum or a vape or whatever. I mentioned Allen Carr because he is from your neck of the woods.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Allen Carr book "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking." It was my intent to read it and then toss the smokes. But I never finished it, so I opted for vaping. One idea of his is not to substitute anything for smoking...to simply ride out the craving without reaching for food or gum or a vape or whatever. I mentioned Allen Carr because he is from your neck of the woods.

I do appreciate it, thank you :). The book is within my price range, maybe I'l get that for her. I think she should do OK this time though, day 2 today nic free for her.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do appreciate it, thank you :). The book is within my price range, maybe I'l get that for her. I think she should do OK this time though, day 2 today nic free for her.
Some succeed, some don't. A 100% commitment assures success. A 99.9% commitment assures failure.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This setup from a local US vendor cost me 64(about 58EU) dollars. This is a 30 watt ileaf box. WAAAY better then a protank.

208B4D4C-67C8-40EF-AB1F-C678B14151AB-9653-000003B21A5DC9D7_zpsdp1qiuwr.jpg

Not only does it come with 2 coils (one being a sub ohm) but it also comes with a special screw in deck/coil refereed to as an RBA (rebuildable atomizer) that will allow you to built your own coils. This tank comes with 2 prebuilt coils so you wont have to buy anything else for it any time soon.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors