Become a Patron!

Envii Loch Ness with SMOK TFV12

I am new to vaping and have just purchased my first Mod. (ENVII Loch Ness). I have it coupled with a Serpent sub and Kanger Tech OCC Coils. I know the Mod is ok as i bought it with the intention to be able to upgrade the sub. I have used 50/50 juices for now and am looking to get into higher VG and an upgrade of the sub. I know i am taking a big step up with this idea but wanted to get some input from experienced vapers on the option of adding a SMOK TFV12 Sub ohm?

I am open to any suggestions on wether this combination will work and if it is the right choice for me.

Cheers guys :)

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You may get by with the TFV8 Cloud Beast, the TFV12, seriously 150watt mod though it could push it, but seriously the V12 is to much tank for your mod IMO, considering that from what I've seen 80 to 90watts is barely enough to make the tank fart properly, get into its more power hungry coils and 125 to 150watts will be barely pushing to good performance, yay for the tank, bad for not only the mod but your batteries as well. That tank will especially tear up the internal circuitry on the mod, battery wise, 20amp batteries rate out at 60watts max per battery (which most of the good batteries out there are), 25amp batteries you are looking at 75watts max per battery (Sony VTC5A, and the LG HD2/HD2C/HD4 are the only 25amp batteries out there), 30amp batteries you are looking at 90watts per battery (only 3 out there at the moment the LG HB2, HB4, HB6 and nothing higher than that in 18650 format, any battery says 35, 40, 45amps max is a lie). Your mod should for longevity and a bit of safety be able to provide twice the amount of power your tank/atomizer needs to operate at top end so you are not destroying the circuits of the mod, otherwise you'll be replacing mods every 6 months or so, the TFV8 most its coil heads your mod can handle in the 50 to 75% output range, the TFV12 you'll need at least a triple battery mod rated for 200+ watts, or a 200+ watt mod with an internal LiPo to support the amps and watts needed to push that tank. Don't get me wrong, Smok makes some excellent devices, but on the flip side they making a few things that are way to over hyped, Examples the Alien 220W dual battery mod, sorry 90watts X 2 LG HB6 batteries = 180watts the Alien is a bit of a hot rod you need to know what you are doing, yet their New Quad Battery GX350 watt mod can reach watts advertised 90 X 4=360, the TFV12 falls into the category the Alien 220W falls into, need to watch what you are doing with it.

Morale of the story don't fall into the super hyped up devices out there, not to mention if you are in the US, the FDA deeming regulations went into effect Aug 8, 2016, the TFV12 was not on the shelves before that date, thus should not be for sale, technically, by the FDA rules here in the US without approval of a PMTA application for Smok to do so.

Thanks for the great advise.

Can i ask would it make a difference to put sanyo ncr20700a batteries in or will it make no difference to a GX350?

You may get by with the TFV8 Cloud Beast, the TFV12, seriously 150watt mod though it could push it, but seriously the V12 is to much tank for your mod IMO, considering that from what I've seen 80 to 90watts is barely enough to make the tank fart properly, get into its more power hungry coils and 125 to 150watts will be barely pushing to good performance, yay for the tank, bad for not only the mod but your batteries as well. That tank will especially tear up the internal circuitry on the mod, battery wise, 20amp batteries rate out at 60watts max per battery (which most of the good batteries out there are), 25amp batteries you are looking at 75watts max per battery (Sony VTC5A, and the LG HD2/HD2C/HD4 are the only 25amp batteries out there), 30amp batteries you are looking at 90watts per battery (only 3 out there at the moment the LG HB2, HB4, HB6 and nothing higher than that in 18650 format, any battery says 35, 40, 45amps max is a lie). Your mod should for longevity and a bit of safety be able to provide twice the amount of power your tank/atomizer needs to operate at top end so you are not destroying the circuits of the mod, otherwise you'll be replacing mods every 6 months or so, the TFV8 most its coil heads your mod can handle in the 50 to 75% output range, the TFV12 you'll need at least a triple battery mod rated for 200+ watts, or a 200+ watt mod with an internal LiPo to support the amps and watts needed to push that tank. Don't get me wrong, Smok makes some excellent devices, but on the flip side they making a few things that are way to over hyped, Examples the Alien 220W dual battery mod, sorry 90watts X 2 LG HB6 batteries = 180watts the Alien is a bit of a hot rod you need to know what you are doing, yet their New Quad Battery GX350 watt mod can reach watts advertised 90 X 4=360, the TFV12 falls into the category the Alien 220W falls into, need to watch what you are doing with it.

Morale of the story don't fall into the super hyped up devices out there, not to mention if you are in the US, the FDA deeming regulations went into effect Aug 8, 2016, the TFV12 was not on the shelves before that date, thus should not be for sale, technically, by the FDA rules here in the US without approval of a PMTA application for Smok to do so.
Thanks for the great advise.

Can i ask would it make a difference to put sanyo ncr20700a batteries in or will it make no difference to a GX350?

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If the batteries would fit at all, which most likely would probably be no.

18650 like 20700 are descriptors.

First two digits 18 = 18mm wide
Second two digits 65 = 65mm length

First two digits 20 = 20mm wide
Second two digits 70 = 70mm length

Ending 0 = Round

If the batteries would fit at all, which most likely would probably be no.

18650 like 20700 are descriptors.

First two digits 18 = 18mm wide
Second two digits 65 = 65mm length

First two digits 20 = 20mm wide
Second two digits 70 = 70mm length

Ending 0 = Round
In the description of the GX350 they state the plastic sleeve inside the battery chamber can be taken out to accomodate slightly bigger batteries. I wast just wondering if you knew off hand if the 20700 would fit.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you decide to get GX350 or another mod and want to sell your loch ness, send me a pm. I'm interested in getting a loch ness.

VU Sponsors