Become a Patron!

Epicus Nebula- The General (vanilla custard)

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey all,I've been DIY'ing for a few months now. I've come up with some tasty stuff, but Epicus Nebula out of New Jersey has ruined me for nearly every other vanilla custard type vape with their offering called "The General". This is the one juice I keep spending tons of money on despite having over 75 flavorings in the closet and counting... I can't get enough of it. My brother @Sully and I have been sniffing it, tasting it, and vaping it, and between the two of us we have nearly every custard, caramel, butterscotch, vanilla, cake, cupcake, spice and cream in production. Nothing tastes close. It's unusually clean for a custard vape and doesn't takes diketone-y at all. Their mix is 90vg. All day clouds and no scratchy throat or ringing in the ears. It really is the best damn custard, period. Anyone tried this and recognized any of the flavoring used? Super sweet, thick and creamy. I am only missing Dulce De Leche from some highly rated clone recipes online... Maybe this is the starting point?

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got pretty close with the vanilla custard and dolce de leche from capellas
I have a close mix
right now too. DHL is TFA not Cap though, right? Mine has those, sweetener, CAP cake batter, tfa vanilla swirls and TFA maple syrup with a tiny amount of tfa cinnamon danish. Very, very close.

Last edited:
Pfft!! Hi Guys! Tek here, owner of Epicus. I wish i googled how to clone my juice sooner to see threads like this. This is gold lol. First, i wanted to say thank you guys for enjoying the eliquid! Imitation (or at least an attempt at it) is a huge sign of admiration and flattery, as i see it. Feel free to reach out to me on FB about this, and i'll hook ya up with a couple bottles =D

Next - MikeSully: Not Even REMOTELY close to the recipe.. the original "The General" recipe is so simple that the few that i've told what it is now hate me because of it lol. We've actually recently changed the recipe quite a bit to bring out more flavor with what we now call "The Gold General." Although, for kicks (im sure my levels were totally off, but i played it by ear) i tried that combo of

Dolce
Sweetener
cake batter
vanilla swirls ( i really wish i remembered this when re-formulating the general... this stuff is amazing)
maple syrup
cinnamon danish

my first two tries came out terrible.. i added too much sweetener and too much cinnamon danish. the third try (which im a little mad that i didn't save the actual levels i used) came out pretty damn good! i made a liter of it and vaped it all in about a week and a half.

no general ever had anything cinnamon related, or syrup related, so what i'm trying to say is you have yourself there a very original recipe. a pretty damn good one, i'd say. I don't know if you have a juice company or anything, but that recipe would be a good way to start one, for sure!

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tek-

Thanks for your thoughts on the discussion regarding our (my) attempts to recreate The General. One of my key motto's when trying to "clone" any flavor is that it is always simpler than I think it's going to be, so I am not surprised to hear that in the least. Glad you got a kick out of this thread! I call my variant "Commodore's Custard" and I'd be glad to share my recipe (it makes ~100ml). I realized after a while that what I created was a suitable substitute, not a "clone", and stopped working towards cloning as an objective. I have alot of great feedback on that particular flavor. I do not manufacture or sell any juice personally, and frankly I haven't vaped any brand name juice in a long time (many months) either. The General is THE flavor that made me quit the stinkies, and I would be totally down to give your three new varieties (Red, Blue, Gold) a try if you were serious about hitting you up for a sample. I am tickled that the old thread of mine garnered a direct reply from you! Thanks for that, Tek!

Calista

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tek, hello! A friend of mine just gave me a some of your juice. I can't find a website that's currently working. I'm really looking for diketone info.

VU Sponsors