Become a Patron!

Erlkonigin got cloned

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been curious about this one and was not going to be a buyer at the authentic price but I may give it a go at $40.
Machining looks nice, not sure where else it can be found for preorder.
http://www.gvapers.com/collections/rebuildable-atomizers/products/erlkonigin.

erk2_1024x1024.jpeg

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh my. Love the idea of the erl, even thought about buying the authentic, but after adding the price of a glass tank and their stainless tip... just couldn't justify it :( I wonder if this maker - who is it? - will produce some of those add-ons as well.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, not sure who's making it.
I would guess they will be putting a few hopups out to go with it. Some authentic owners may even look at the clone glass tank and tips, not much precision needed in those parts.

There may even be better pricing, I haven't looked past that vendor but the threads and overall machine work look surprisingly good for a clone... unless they just stole pics of the authentic :eek:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
its not a clone...its a "homage replica"....;)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The large tank size, proprietary drip tip and the plastic tank make it a no go for me.

Looks neat though!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I'm more of a stubby topper guy too. Even at the expense of refilling more often. I'm also having way too much fun with dual coils in the orchid right now too, only tank I've used since it came out.

Nice job on the machining though if it is anywhere close to the pics.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
My thing is even with the KFL, I can get bored with a particular flavor and just want to switch it out. Sometimes I do this before the tank is empty so with a 6ml tank, I would be doing that a LOT.

And I love those swivel drip tips and I can't use them with this RBA.

And a glass or Quartz tank is a Must for me so I don't' have to think about what I am filling the tank with other than what flavor I feel like at the moment as a lot of my favorites are tank crackers anyway.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could be mistaken but I think the authentic has a quartz tank option. I would think this homage replicator will be capitalizing on the option tips and tanks too.

I'm not in the single coil mood at the moment though... maybe next year :)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My thing is even with the KFL, I can get bored with a particular flavor and just want to switch it out. Sometimes I do this before the tank is empty so with a 6ml tank, I would be doing that a LOT.

And I love those swivel drip tips and I can't use them with this RBA.

And a glass or Quartz tank is a Must for me so I don't' have to think about what I am filling the tank with other than what flavor I feel like at the moment as a lot of my favorites are tank crackers anyway.
Yea, plastic is out for me. I even got glass tanks for my Expromizers since my Cinnamon Creme Cavendish recipe will crack a plastic or pmma tank in an hour.

VU Sponsors