Become a Patron!

Erythritol???

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a 30ml bottle of this from Nude Nicotine a few years back. It's a 5% concentration in VG. I am liking it although I have no clue what I'm doing. I've just been using it 1:1 in place of any 'sweetener" listed in recipes. I see I can buy it in crystals on amazon but no idea what Nude Nicotine used to make a 5% concentration. I would like to learn more about it , where to get more, etc. Anyone else use this stuff? What is the concentration? Where are you getting it? What are you mixing with it?

Thanks!!

Erythritol.jpg

Last edited:

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
tbh u dont realy need a sweetener at all if u prop mix quality flavors. i never use sweeteners when i have made juice b4. its not necessary. unless the recipe calls for it and even then its very little. they sell "sweeteners" on capella and TFA websites if u feel u need a touch of sweetener

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, those "sweeteners" are sucralose - Splenda - artificial sweetener - and I am incredibly sensitive to the nasty aftertaste - makes me nauseous... Not to mention it clogs coils (recently switched to squonking so that's not an issue anymore). I am looking to sweeten my recipes and for something to use in place of the artificial sweeteners when called for in recipes. I use very little, if any, of the "sweet" flavors because they too contain sucralose. I have mixed for about 4 years (and made my own juice about 15 years ago, before vape stores even existed) without using sweetener but wanted to play with this stuff. I'm looking for a place that sells this already mixed or learning how others are mixing it (ratio) and what they are using exactly. It's sold on amazon in bags of crystals and I've read about others mixing their own sweetener base with it so I'm just wanting to learn what others are doing.... as opposed to unsolicited advice from someone that has spent the last 2 years posting about the store bought juice they are vaping.

Last edited:

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I have a scale and tons of stuff to mix with, I've been mixing juice by grams for last 4 years... syringes were so messy and bulky. Using the sacale is so much better and easier This scale is so sensitive that I have to turn off my ceiling fans.

Scale.jpg

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I have a scale and tons of stuff to mix with, I've been mixing juice by grams for last 4 years... syringes were so messy and bulky. Using the sacale is so much better and easier This scale is so sensitive that I have to turn off my ceiling fans.
Yes... I have the same scale (it is very good and very sensitive)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@BrokenChef , it is one a many artificial sweeteners. Sucralose (like Splenda but that also has some dextrose which doesn't go well with vape coils even though it is natural... like grapes have) EM (ethyl maltol) is also common in vape juice (it is fine but not really a sweetener... more for "mouthfeel" and I have found it does seem to "mute" some of the fruit flavors) Please don't even consider aspartame (equal... that stuff is poison and I can back that up if anyone is interested) Sucralose (and EM) are common in pre-made juices and sweeteners for DIY (both I feel are safe to use) Erythritol seems to be a safe sweetener (in fact, a doctor I often watch his videos... for eating healthly says he considers it the best choice for artificial sweeteners) Have not tried it. A friend gave me some EM crystals (have to mix it with VG or PG first) but then I got the LB sweetener just to find out it's just EM anyway) Not worth mixing it yourself IMHO. Then there is Stevia (totally natural and have tried it once... for coffee) Nothing wrong with it but didn't really work for me. I did try a fancy soda (ginger ale) with stevia and erythritol and liked it. If you do try the crystals, mix it with PG (just easier... VG is thicker but would also work fine) You simply can't use any natural sugars in vape juice... they will clog the shit out of your coils (like in one day) I don't add sweeteners to my DIY but sometimes I feel like I need just a bit (it's kinda like salt in food... you get used to less) Very long reply but I am interested in this one. Don't be afraid to try it and let us know what you think.

VU Sponsors