Become a Patron!

Essential Depot is price gouging

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, they saw how much fun we've been having. Just couldn't take it. Have to put a stop to all that fun and happiness. Killjoys.

We should be working more hours and paying more taxes! Get that shoulder to the wheel, man!!!

Yep, and we should be smoking like the rest of the robots out there. Or taking Chantix or something.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yep, and we should be smoking like the rest of the robots out there. Or taking Chantix or something.

They don't want me taking Chantix. Same stuff as Wellbutrin, and that shit makes me crazy. I want to throw things and scratch people's eyeballs out.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They don't want me taking Chantix. Same stuff as Wellbutrin, and that shit makes me crazy. I want to throw things and scratch people's eyeballs out.
Just gave me insomnia.
None of the SSRI drugs do anything good for me, not much at all really good or bad.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just gave me insomnia.
None of the SSRI drugs do anything good for me, not much at all really good or bad.

That's an SNRI. N being norephinephrine. Crazy town big time for me.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ohh Welbutrin is an SSRI.

We might both be wrong. This and several other sites say it's an aminoketone drug. But it works on norephinephrine, not serotonin.

From https://www.everydayhealth.com/drugs/wellbutrin

Wellbutrin belongs to the aminoketone class of antidepressants, which are chemically unrelated to the better-known selective-serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as Prozac, Paxil, or Zoloft.

Wellbutrin moderates the levels and activity of the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine, but exactly how it works to treat depression is not known.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We might both be wrong. This and several other sites say it's an aminoketone drug.

From https://www.everydayhealth.com/drugs/wellbutrin

Wellbutrin belongs to the aminoketone class of antidepressants, which are chemically unrelated to the better-known selective-serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as Prozac, Paxil, or Zoloft.

Wellbutrin moderates the levels and activity of the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine, but exactly how it works to treat depression is not known.
My apologies you are correct, Obama made me say the wrong thing. Or was it Hillary? did we lock her up yet?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With that order of PG and VG I am now good on consumables for at least 3 years. I will need to buy nothing to vape for the next 3 years or more.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Need to call and tell them it doesn't kill corona virus. That's some bullshit. No way it should be more expensive than nicotine. I guess they're into losing business like every other price gouger
They lost my buisness when they kept sending me emails about price increases. It was a very "You better get it now because it's going up!" vibe. I thought to myself "FU you're not the only game in town." I got off their mailing list because they sent emails constantly.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shipping for me
1d47d2bc63695b0f52d5e8a6430aa305.jpg
I've been getting mine from NicRiv for the past couple of years. $13.99 per gallon. Free shipping over $50. I usually try to keep 8 gallons in my basement. When I'm down to 4, I order 4 more. So not really keep but you know what I mean.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found out the hard way yesterday essential had raised prices a lot, I did a order at BCF for flavors and was going to order VG/PG from amazon, so did my BCF order, then went to amazon to find essential was $50 more for a gallon of VG than BCF :mad:

Didn't want to pay shipping again at BCF, so have held off for now, probably get some when the easter sales hit.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
There is a retail practice called hedging

It is where the merchant raises the retail price in anticipation of having to pay more for the wholesale price on their next order

You see it with gas all the time

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is a retail practice called hedging

It is where the merchant raises the retail price in anticipation of having to pay more for the wholesale price on their next order

You see it with gas all the time
Yep amazing how gas futures become present prices over night.

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well, it looks like this has NOTHING to do with vaping. I also posted this on another DIY website, and another user tweeted them regarding this.

This is their response:
ED response.png

“This price increase is expected to be temporary. How temporary will depend upon the remaining citizens of this nation being reasonable in their ordering needs.”

Sounds to me like they are trying to justify their price gouging. FUCK THEM!!!

Edit: None of the other DIY suppliers that I can see have raised their prices. Only ED

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it looks like this has NOTHING to do with vaping. I also posted this on another DIY website, and another user tweeted them regarding this.

This is their response:
View attachment 157067

“This price increase is expected to be temporary. How temporary will depend upon the remaining citizens of this nation being reasonable in their ordering needs.”

Sounds to me like they are trying to justify their price gouging. FUCK THEM!!!

Edit: None of the other DIY suppliers that I can see have raised their prices. Only ED
they believe in the law of supply and demand, those who have the supply can demand what they want.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Greed is often supported by flawed logic.
I bought a different brand of VG this time and will not buy essential depot brand in the future.
so they lost a 4.5 yr customer.

Were you able to get Palm derived VG, though?

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Liquid Barn still has gallons for $19.99 I just grabbed 2 plus a couple other things to bring it to $50 for the free shipping.

VU Sponsors