Become a Patron!

ET Auto Kit - Pod System by VAPTIO

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the ET Auto Kit from Vaptio. The ET Auto Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Bear from Vaptio.

https://vaptio.com/et-auto-kit.html

Introduction

The Californian Company Vaptio have had a busy year releasing their high wattage Hero devices, simple starter kits, vape pens and pod systems and they end the year with a couple of final products one of which is the ET Auto Kit. The ET Auto Kit is a pod system which works with a switch activated by your inhale and uses non-cotton Ceramic coil technology for more durable cleaner flavour with no break-in period. Designed as if it was heading straight for a souvenir shop in Nevada, it's shaped like an aircraft for extra terrestrial life form but with ergonomics and functionality being the prime objective of the design.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1 x ET Auto Mod
1 x ET Auto Pod
1 x Micro USB Cable
1 x Quality Assurance Card
1 x User Manual

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The ET Auto pod device came in presentation cardboard packaging with clear plastic lid so the device can be seen before opening the packaging. I received the Red version, the ET Auto is also available in Black, Green, Black Blue Gradient, Light Blue, Purple and Black Red Gradient. The device has a very ergonomic form and is shaped like a triangle but with the 3 angles being very rounded, the bottom 2 angles have large what look like tail lights for LED indication. On the bottom central we have the micro USB port which is positioned in a number plate position in relation to the tail lights. The device is quite flat having a smooth pebble like feel and although i can't find what material it's made from it feels like Zinc Alloy. The only feature on the device other than the LED tail lights and USB port is a small triangle badge with alien head which is positioned centrally on the front. The pod is almost all showing and is tinted black, the device seems as well made as any pod system i have looked at.

ET Auto Specs and Features:

Size: 74.5mm x 47mm x 16mm
Battery Capacity: 550mAh
E-Liquid Capacity: 1.5mL
Cool ET Head Design
Patented Ceramic Atomizer (Cotton-Free Tech)
Coil: 1.5ohm +/- 0.2
Quick Charge System
Magnetic Insert Part
Simplicity Without Any Buttons
Innovative LED Tail Lights
Output Wattage: 12W Max
Output Voltage: 3.2-4.2V
Quick Charge System
Colours: Black, Red, Green, Black Blue Gradient, Light Blue, Purple, Black Red Gradient

The Pod

The pod is very comfortable between the lips and although tinted black is transparent enough to see your e-liquid in most light. The Pod comes with a protection sticker over the contacts and silicone bung in the mouthpiece both of which will obviously need removing. Looking at the base of the pod we have a magnet both sides then to the inner of these are fill bungs (one each side) which reveal 3mm holes, to help pull the bungs out there are 2 notches cutout in the plastic of the pod which is needed as the bungs sit deep and flush (it's very well done). Having the 2 fill ports means while you are filling using one air can escape out the other but while most nozzles will be ok if you are using e-liquid with a glass dropper or thick nozzle you will need to transfer to something like a needle nosed bottle. You can also clearly see the two contacts to the inner of the bungs then central we have the section that opens with inhale to activate the membrane switch, i believe this is also where air is entering the pod as i can't see anywhere else so as you have probably already figured out airflow is non-adjustable. The Pod is fitted with a honeycomb Ceramic coil which uses no cotton and ohms out at 1.5ohm give or take 0.2ohms, the pod holds 1.8ml of e-liquid and unfortunately what seems to be coming more common now no spare pod is included which i think is a poor show.

Fitting The Pod

The Pod just slots into place (can be fitted either way) and secures by very strong magnets, it takes quite a tug to remove it, very good job! Looking inside the device we can see everything matching up with the pod, outer magnets, to the inside of these spring loaded contacts and then central we have the membrane switch mechanism, all very clean and tidy.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Using The ET Auto

The ET Auto is a draw activated pod system so is as simple as picking up and vaping with no buttons, screen or menu system. The ET Auto is packed with all the usual safety protections all of which is indicated by different amount of flashes from the tail lights, these tail lights also flash when fitting the pod and also show power indication and charging indication but for me both could be done better but the device is limited to one light colour which is Red. When vaping the lights come permanently on when the power is above 20% after vaping the light stays on for a good second and when the power is less than 20% the light blinks quickly then goes off i suppose giving you reasonable warning that you need to think about charging the device. Again charging indication is very simple the tail lights come on giving a slow pulse every 3 seconds while charging and once fully charged the lights go off, pass through is supported. As mentioned when a protection kicks in it is indicated by various amount of flashes.

Safety Protections

Over Charging Protection
Short Circuit Protection
Over Vaping Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Pass through Protection

Other Indications

Vaping Indication
Power Indication
Connection Indication
Charging Indication

My Experience With The ET Auto

I don't use pod systems as my main vape while testing them but use them over a period of time, this one i have had a couple of weeks and during that time it's been the device i have grabbed when leaving the house to use as well as having it permanently on my desk to have draws every so often. During that time i have noticed no drop off in flavour whatsoever and the other claim of no break in time again yes it was flavour from the off. It's also implied it doesn't need priming but as only one pod was provided with the kit i wasn't going to take the chance with this claim and left it for ten minutes before vaping as i would any other pod. The draw was MTL but not tight and i would say pretty much identical to the Renova Zero and again the two devices where comparable with flavour although the Zero edges it but i am impressed with the fact i'm still getting great flavour after a couple of weeks. The ET Auto is direct output operating between 3.2v and 4.2v and the 12W max in the specs are dependant on both the coil being slightly higher than the 1.5ohm as there is a variant and of course the battery being fully charged, for the most part the device seemed to be around the 9w - 10w mark with a slight drop off as the battery life reduced. I tried 50/50, 70VG and used some high mg nic salts and all worked great in the device. The 550mAh is alright for a low wattage device and gave good life but of course more mAh is always better, when charging i took a note of the time but every time got side tracked (i'm a busy man) so it had already charged when i checked so all i can say for definite is it takes comfortably less than 2 hours to charge and also supports pass through.

Pros

Nice aesthetic form
Ergonomic
Nice reliable draw (mtl but not tight)
Very good flavour (not quite Zero or EQ but very close)
Decent cloud for wattage
Simple draw activated device
Large indication lights
Power indication
Charging indication
Protection indication
Multiple protections
Ceramic non-cotton coils
Coils Seem to have longevity
Charged in less than 2 hours
No leaking experienced

Cons

No spare pod
Power and charging indication could be done a lot better
Fill ports are not that big
Not constant output (power reduces as the battery runs down)
Not suitable to use with glass dropper or thick nozzles

I would once again like to thank Bear for supplying the ET Auto Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://vaptio.com/et-auto-kit.html

VU Sponsors