Become a Patron!

Etti - qwetti ?

LimeB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, I am new to Vaping, I am finding it hard to put down at times. Some of the buzz is that I can do it where I never used to smoke ( but felt like doing so) such as while watching TV after the kids are in bed, or driving. Also the fact I can have a quick puff or 3 rather than a whole ciggie. What are some of the more commonly accepted "etiquette" rules for Vaping? For example I don't like to do it near kids, as I feel it looks like smoking.

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just be considerate of others. Don't blow vape in people's face, even though it's not smoke. Especially if you're dripping, creating a smoke screen is poor manners imo. I'll vape in people's cars/homes/etc if I get their permission, but still be considerate not to fog up wherever I am, unless it's in my own house. You'll learn as you go. Just try not to look obnoxious with it in public and you won't have any problems at all.

mrsdeli

Member For 5 Years
I try no to over educate people. I am the type of person where if you ask me what time it is, I will tell you how to build a clock. Keep it simple and if they want more info they will ask. I don't want to be one of those folks that people hide from. I want them to ask questions without being afraid of getting a three hour lecture. I guess where the etiquette comes in is; don't try to proselytize every smoker you run across, they don't like it.

WilECyOT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think being considerate is the best way to go. I wouldn't think of vaping in a restaurant with other eaters around. As much as I might like the taste of Suicide Bunny, the cloud might not go over well with someone eating a steak. I have no problem walking down the street and taking a hit as long as I don't blow a cloud near someone. Someone's house, when in doubt...ask. And I find that some places are just vape friendly even though NJ and NY ban it in bars. As for educating people, if they ask me about it, I am happy to oblige.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cloud at home and not in public. I just feel clouding in public hurts the trying to explain that it is the healthy alternative to smoking.

PS Dripping and Driving is a bad idea unless you open a window. Hard to drive through fog especially when it is in your windshield. :p

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I open the window for vaping. Creating a smoke screen in your car isn't a very bright idea.

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Parked is a different story. Lol. Still would look suspect if police were to see a vaped out vehicle.

LimeB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah would look like I was hotboxing some other substance.
That is one thing I am discovering, it does look suss to people, and at work this a.m. as I knocked off night shift the day shift saw atomizers and tanks on the computer screen and immediately turned away and said " I don't want to know.".

LadyBren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At my work there is one place and one place only for smokers and I really don't want to go there as I still have a hard time saying, no I can't have a "real" one and still love the smell when someone else is smoking so I try to stay way from that area. So my boss corners me to ask me if I was smoking in another area and how it was not permitted. He looked right at my Reo and all I could say was, yes I was and I won't do it again, what I wanted to say was "it's not smoking it's Vaping and I shouldn't have to be with the smokers if it's still hard on me" But I didn't I just took it because he is a non smoker and could care less. So I guess you have to pick your battles. It's just to bad that here we are trying so hard to do something better for us and we are still looked at as if we are still smoking. I want a vaping section :mad:

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure it will be a slow process but you may want to put in a formal request with your higher up if they refuse to hear your request go to their higher up. Another thing is if you know of other vapers in your company you should have them submit requests in. If a company has sincere requests lodged in and they say no at least they know that there aren't just smokers in their company and would have to start to adjust policies accordingly. Just a thought. Happy Vaping

VU Sponsors