Become a Patron!

Ever buy a bad batch?

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I usually make my own but fell behind recently. Last night I bought an old favorite: Brindle, by the same company that makes Puppy Drool.

Well, it's horrible. Tastes like too much of one flavor and not enough of another or something like that.

Do you folks think it's not cured enough or is cured too much? I'm wondering if I should just let it sit for a while.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have personal experience with this one! Brindle was one of my favorites when I first started, went through tons of it. So when I started DIY, I told myself I was gonna do my best to clone it. A couple years ago, I went to the b&m in my hometown where I'd always gotten it and bought three bottles. I kept one and sent the other two to mixing friends so we could collaborate and try to clone this juice. It was awful! Nothing like I remembered it, way too "sharp." I still have half the bottle on a shelf. And aging will do it no good, I promise you. I actually tried it again a few weeks ago and it hasn't changed, still rancid. I suspect they've changed the formula some way since the founder of Pitbull Vapes passed away.

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have personal experience with this one! Brindle was one of my favorites when I first started, went through tons of it. So when I started DIY, I told myself I was gonna do my best to clone it. A couple years ago, I went to the b&m in my hometown where I'd always gotten it and bought three bottles. I kept one and sent the other two to mixing friends so we could collaborate and try to clone this juice. It was awful! Nothing like I remembered it, way too "sharp." I still have half the bottle on a shelf. And aging will do it no good, I promise you. I actually tried it again a few weeks ago and it hasn't changed, still rancid. I suspect they've changed the formula some way since the founder of Pitbull Vapes passed away.

That was a couple of years ago. I starting using it last August and liked it then.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was vaping it the latter part of 2014 and early 2015. I tried telling myself that it tasted different because I was using different equipment then (eGo batt and ce-4) and most everything tastes completely different with a mod and sub ohm tanks. But that different? Nope....they had to change it.

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well, tried it through a crown III and then a valyrian. Same awful taste, so it's not the equipment.

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thinking it might just be me. Brindle was one of my first favorites and it is sweet. Since then I've become very happy with custard based juices. In fact I started buying vanilla custard (CAP) in bulk.

I decidedly do not like sweet, fruity flavors like grape or even peaches and cream. Tried a free sample of fruity pebbles once and had to replace the cartridge because it was so bad. With my preference for custardy flavors I might just not be accustomed to the flavor anymore.

VU Sponsors