Become a Patron!

Ever get frustrated?

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So in my introduction post I kind of gave a brief description of my experience with vaping. I just want off the smokes. I am good while at work as my co worker will let me come use his vape. Its when I am home that I end up back out having a cigarette. Just want to hear stories of how people dealt with that if you were ever in that situation.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess most will tell you that after looking at all the info out there about vaping and researching the gear available, to get your own set up would be your next step. Welcome to VU, glad you found us:)

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Since I don't know you from Adam, I'll be blunt.

We dealt with it by buying our own gear.

You've already determined that it works for you. Now you just need to pull the trigger and buy your own setup. Get one just like your friends if you can find it.

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Once the holidays are gone it will be easier to be able to get one. And that is the plan.

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm talking about in the meantime.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Once the holidays are gone it will be easier to be able to get one. And that is the plan.

How much do you smoke a day? A pack? Two packs?

A pack a day, between now and Christmas can cost as much as $300. Depending on where you are.

You can pick up an Evic Mini, a 5 pack of coils, and a 240ml bottle of Juice for less than $100 USD.

Leaving you with extra money to spend on Christmas.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want to give up cigarettes and vape, obviously the solution is to buy an inexpensive setup:p As PuffPuff said, it depends how much you smoke a day? There are some extremely cheap starter sets you could buy - even less than the one he mentioned.

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So my co worker bought me a coolfire 4 setup and told me I could pay him back a little every week.

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now to get my hands on some juice. So far I liked what he had for fruit minus the raspberry and the yogurt and custards

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Baby steps... ...trial and error. Be patient and honest with yourself. Don't deny your own feelings. Work with what you've got. Just have faith and hone in on that desire to quit. You will get there when you're ready. Just stay focused. Don't procrastinate, but tomorrow is always another day. For some people, it can take some time for new paradigms in enjoyment to take hold.

I think a problem that a lot of new vapers run into is tinkering with fancy new gear and having to spend all of this time getting it to work right when really, all they want to do is have a friggin smoke. Once you find an easy-to-use setup that satisfies you reasonably and some tasty, tasty juice to keep stocked up on, the moments of frustration pass much quicker and are easier to overlook.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got frustrated when I had a vv pen, gave up for 2-3 months this past summer. Bummed a cig here and there, bought a few packs of mini cigars. They are the size of cigs and come 20 in a pack but much cheaper, $1.50 a pack or less. Didn't want to keep doing that. Then I went back to vaping. Went from 18mg nic straight down to 3mg, and it was actually more satisfying to me than 18 was. Went from the pen to a mech and from there to a 30w regulated device. Experimented with builds till I found one I'm happy with, 0.83 ohm single coil, 6 wraps of 26g around a 3mm flathead. Also figured out that I can set my mod to the minimum power setting for the resistance and I'm getting a very satisfying vape nic and flavor wise. Clouds are a side effect of having a good build.

VU Sponsors