Become a Patron!

Ever have reality kick you in the rear?

Seina_Yamada

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was watching the news today about the terror attack in Belgium and I came across this image, and it was like a kick in the head six weeks ago I was standing between that statue and the wall reading that board. I sit here now looking at the picture thinking wow if I had been there today I would have been screwed...

Attachments

• 3272A59D00000578-3503928-image-m-62_1458635459082.jpg
    3272A59D00000578-3503928-image-m-62_1458635459082.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 23

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
God damn, man! That shit is crazy! No doubt you've got a lot on your mind right about now.

I think about that kind of shit all of the time, man. One minute its another day, next minute, there are no more days left.

What I'm about to say isn't meant to take away from the magnitude of such an unimaginable tragedy... ...the fact that this is the world we live in fucks me up all of the time - gets me so I don't know what to feel anymore. My heart weeps for all who suffer as much as it does for those who see fit to cause it, for they must have suffered as well in order to justify such atrocities.

However, there are countless other ways to die that are much more likely. It surrounds us everywhere we go. All the more reason to live your life doing what you love. The worst thing that can happen to anyone isn't death itself, but rather dying miserable and unsatisfied. I hope those people were fucking living, man. Truly alive. That's the best thing you can hope for in situations like this.

Don't ever have a bad day. I'm telling you, man... ...don't get by on the promise of a better tomorrow that's not guaranteed. Before you know it, you'll be fresh out of those.

That's my take away from this kind of shit. All I can really say is... ...death is so much worse when you see it in person. This stuff doesn't even phase me compared to that. Life goes on until it doesn't. No sense having that fear if it doesn't compel you to find the meaning of your own short existence and pursue it with every breath. Even legacies die, my friend. Live for you until you can't anymore. Stay positive. Don't let the promise of death get you down. Learn to live your life more gracefully.

How alive do you feel knowing that it coulda been you? Think about it. What would've ran through your head in those last few moments? Take that and inject it into your daily existence. I cannot stress enough the importance and value of the lucidity that confrontations with death can bring. Cherish the knowledge and live your damned life the best you can! Keep ya head up booooiiii!

housedag

Member For 4 Years
God damn, man! That shit is crazy! No doubt you've got a lot on your mind right about now.

I think about that kind of shit all of the time, man. One minute its another day, next minute, there are no more days left.

What I'm about to say isn't meant to take away from the magnitude of such an unimaginable tragedy... ...the fact that this is the world we live in fucks me up all of the time - gets me so I don't know what to feel anymore. My heart weeps for all who suffer as much as it does for those who see fit to cause it, for they must have suffered as well in order to justify such atrocities.

However, there are countless other ways to die that are much more likely. It surrounds us everywhere we go. All the more reason to live your life doing what you love. The worst thing that can happen to anyone isn't death itself, but rather dying miserable and unsatisfied. I hope those people were fucking living, man. Truly alive. That's the best thing you can hope for in situations like this.

Don't ever have a bad day. I'm telling you, man... ...don't get by on the promise of a better tomorrow that's not guaranteed. Before you know it, you'll be fresh out of those.

That's my take away from this kind of shit. All I can really say is... ...death is so much worse when you see it in person. This stuff doesn't even phase me compared to that. Life goes on until it doesn't. No sense having that fear if it doesn't compel you to find the meaning of your own short existence and pursue it with every breath. Even legacies die, my friend. Live for you until you can't anymore. Stay positive. Don't let the promise of death get you down. Learn to live your life more gracefully.

How alive do you feel knowing that it coulda been you? Think about it. What would've ran through your head in those last few moments? Take that and inject it into your daily existence. I cannot stress enough the importance and value of the lucidity that confrontations with death can bring. Cherish the knowledge and live your damned life the best you can! Keep ya head up booooiiii!

Thank you for your post. We should all aspire to "learn to live our life more gracefully."

Tracy VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors