Become a Patron!

everyones opinion about mxjo batterys

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi I'm thinking about buying a mxjo battery but wanted some of yalls opinion about performance compared to a real vtc4.how is performance in a ipv2 running around. .5or. 6 ohms.I all take any advice I can get thanks!

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why not just get vtc4s. Theyre undisputed king of batteries and you can get em at lightningvapes.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Don't trust them and will not trust them until they get reviewed by the Flashight Folks.

Get the VCT4's or the Samsung 25R batts.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi I'm thinking about buying a mxjo battery but wanted some of yalls opinion about performance compared to a real vtc4.how is performance in a ipv2 running around. .5or. 6 ohms.I all take any advice I can get thanks!

Current draw from the batteries is derived from the wattage setting. Not the load. MXJO's would last longer than vtc4 due to higher mah. At 50 watts you would be using ~13.5 amps plus a little more due to losses in the converter. The load resistance doesn't have anything to do with it. A 30 amp battery wouldn't help you in this case because you would not use more than ~16 amps even if the battery is down to 3.0 volts.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Current draw from the batteries is derived from the wattage setting. Not the load. MXJO's would last longer than vtc4 due to higher mah. At 50 watts you would be using ~13.5 amps plus a little more due to losses in the converter. The load resistance doesn't have anything to do with it. A 30 amp battery wouldn't help you in this case because you would not use more than ~16 amps even if the battery is down to 3.0 volts.

Well said and right on point as well!:D

But I don't know MXJO's from a hole in the wall.

What it says on the battery wrapper or on the website you ordered them from may not match the battery that is under the wrapper.

I could take a Samsung 2500 mAh, 20 amp constant rated battery, slap a new wrapper on it and say it is a 4000 mAh, 40 amp constant rated battery yet underneath it is still a Samsung 25R. 2500 mAh at 20 amp continuous discharge.

Me, being a paranoid old fart, I am not trying a new battery until the Flashlight Folk have them in hand, hook them up to all their fancy diagnostic gear and tell us what exactly is under the "Hood".

Or wrapper in this case.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two MXJO IMR 18650 2500 mah 35 A batteries in my rotation. They compete with my VTC-4s, HE2S, and Efest. I use them in my mech mods and my IPV MINI. No issues that I know of so far.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
MXJO has been a presence in the vape community long enough to where we would have heard of any real issues by now. I've used them before, and had no problems with them. Even in my mech mod. But, the 35a rating is PULSE!. Not continous. VTC4 is still the safest battery out there, but if you make sure to keep it below the 20a mark, you'll appreciate the additional MaH.

VU Sponsors