Become a Patron!

eVic VT "device too hot" error message

So tonight my eVic VT crapped out. Went to use it and the display read "device too hot". I immediately turned it off as it did feel hot and I smelled something burning. Now it won't turn back on. Anyone else have this issue? It's only a couple of months old if that. It's had been working fine earlier and nothing was changed prior to this message.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried a different tank/atty on it? What about changing the coil?

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not that I know what the problem is but I am curious if you were charging it at the time. Have you tried charging it since?
Hope you can find out what is happening with it, best of luck to ya

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had one that died also - wouldn't charge the battery at all. There are a few stories about them just dying and not turning on. It should still be under warranty, so you might try and get a replacement (assuming you can't even turn it on without a tank attached after charging).

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
dang, i was about to get one...
what kind of build/ battery were you using?
edit: woops, i thought it was for the vtc mini, still what kind of build?

Not had that problem with mine yet,Fingers crossed. Saw this video on YouTube about the batteries after i made my purchase.:(
If anyone is interested >

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not had that problem with mine yet,Fingers crossed. Saw this video on YouTube about the batteries after i made my purchase.:(
If anyone is interested >
No offense to the guy that made that video but he is not someone who I would take much stock in. Yes I like Joyetech products and yes the VT was buggy.

No offense to the guy that made that video but he is not someone who I would take much stock in. Yes I like Joyetech products and yes the VT was buggy.
Quite agree. I have a number of Joyetech stuff myself and never had a problem with any of it, including the VT (Which is awesome)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had an original Evic and the electronic head quit working..wasn't even 4 mos old ...haven't bought another Joytech product since....

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors