Become a Patron!

EVic VT Problem

Hey there, newbie and first time poster.

Just bought a highly-rated Evic VT with Ego Mega tank about three days ago. I got a kit, and it came with mod, tank and atomizers/coils (one Nickel and one Titanium).

All was going amazingly, the hits I were getting were extremely large with no harshness at all, and pure taste. However, someone gave me some garbage tasting juice and I decided to go buy a couple more flavours that I like...

Long story short, since I wanted new juice put in place of the garbage juice, the kind person at the counter cleaned the tank our for me, and told me that the coil would likely still contain tastes of the old juice, but it would a) go away in a bit, or b) I could just swap the Nickel coil for the Titanium.

So I get home, swap the Ni for the Ti, and out of nowhere, I get the worst taste in my life only comparable to drinking battery acid, followed by an extreme burning in my throat. I coated the coil in juice properly as shown to me by 2 different shops and a bunch of friends, and feel I followed procedures correctly.

THEN, I decided screw this, and switched in for the Ni again (yes, I do know that I have to switch my mod to Ti mode), however, that taste and throat burn was just as present.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on? I've heard a thing or two about "primer" or something? I really would not like to have to buy another tank, and hope there's an easy fix. I'm really confused as to why the Ni, that worked fine before, now is doing the same issues.

**Also, sorry for any horrible terminology, still trying to get hip with the lingo.
Thanks for all the responses!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
First question, did you lock in the resistance when the coils were at room temperature? If not, they may be firing at a much different setting than expected.

My first guess is that the mod didn't recognize them as a TC coils and fired them in power mode. Check your settings for power mode and turn the wattage down pretty low. While that won't change anything in TC mode, if the mod kicks in to power mode, then it won't fire too high and should reduce the problems you are having. The other issue, if you burned your wicking in the coils, there is nothing you can do to get the burned taste out of the juice.

My advice would be to try cleaning out the tank, replacing the coils with new ones (properly primed), and filling with fresh juice. Remember to lock in the resistance at room temperature, and see if that helps.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My evic did MUCH better with a kanger Subtank on it, I was happy with the EGO mega and made a few custom coils for it. Still was less hassle using a Subtank from Kanger. I used an old subtank because I like the flavor better then my black or white one. Till I took it 35 feet underwater with me for an hour on a snorkel tour the other day :( Ordered a white one the minuet I warshed the salt off

08837CA8-5359-48DB-A5E9-AF8F06A8EEA3-25959-00000FB817AC0F27_zpsspsuypm3.jpg

de50395aa330d026881f63527d3d71b6_zps1avdnqkw.jpg

99d0a56b5cba9eedcd3f246d92ee6452_zpsbyytxdih.jpg

277e350d613e650fbb82915899c57602_zps7085w7ig.jpg

Current Cloud Chasing Setup

98D97361-2477-4487-864B-1EF9C1FD85D7-18203-00000549BDE3E6C8_zpsao6osgyy.jpg

Couple subtanks...

f44ee2674c4f8ad22f71a30e4a58229a_zps6ijzkamm.jpg

Last edited:
First question, did you lock in the resistance when the coils were at room temperature? If not, they may be firing at a much different setting than expected.

My first guess is that the mod didn't recognize them as a TC coils and fired them in power mode. Check your settings for power mode and turn the wattage down pretty low. While that won't change anything in TC mode, if the mod kicks in to power mode, then it won't fire too high and should reduce the problems you are having. The other issue, if you burned your wicking in the coils, there is nothing you can do to get the burned taste out of the juice.

My advice would be to try cleaning out the tank, replacing the coils with new ones (properly primed), and filling with fresh juice. Remember to lock in the resistance at room temperature, and see if that helps.

I'm not sure what room temperature is or Ohms...However, since the coil(s) are the ones that came with the Evic, and it is temperature protected, the Ohms are not adjustable and don't need to be locked in (at least I was told they didn't). However, I do lock them in anyway, :/.

I made sure that before I put the Ti coils in, my mod was set to "Ti" and followed the same for the Ni coils as well. It also seems that Power mode seems to make the problem almost worse.

I've cleaned the tank 3 times, applied different juices, and realized that the extremely thing cloud and harsh burning taste probably isn't the juice; is there a possibility that I just burnt the wick on both the Ni and Ti coils? I feel like that may have been my issue; had a slip of the brain and did something wrong.

Thanks!

vapeju

Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure what room temperature is or Ohms...However, since the coil(s) are the ones that came with the Evic, and it is temperature protected, the Ohms are not adjustable and don't need to be locked in (at least I was told they didn't). However, I do lock them in anyway, :/.

I made sure that before I put the Ti coils in, my mod was set to "Ti" and followed the same for the Ni coils as well. It also seems that Power mode seems to make the problem almost worse.

I've cleaned the tank 3 times, applied different juices, and realized that the extremely thing cloud and harsh burning taste probably isn't the juice; is there a possibility that I just burnt the wick on both the Ni and Ti coils? I feel like that may have been my issue; had a slip of the brain and did something wrong.

Thanks!

I had that problem too haha. Make sure the atomizer is close to what it should be. For example if you used the .4 titanium (comes with the kit) dont use it if is reading a .3 or a .5. You have to install and lock the resistance in room temperature. At least that's how I figured. I'm new to vaping too so cant be too sure.

VU Sponsors