Become a Patron!

Evic vt - who's getting one, who has one already?

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just ordered my evic by from originvape. Their shipment is arriving Monday. Figured couldn't go wrong for $70 for the full kit

Anyone one else ordering one?

Curious though, is the only rba base for the ego one xl the clr heads, or is there an actual rba base like with the subtank?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered my evic by from originvape. Their shipment is arriving Monday. Figured couldn't go wrong for $70 for the full kit

Anyone one else ordering one?

Curious though, is the only rba base for the ego one xl the clr heads, or is there an actual rba base like with the subtank?

I have one ordered as part of a co-op. There's a separate RBA base, which of course is a separate order!

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pre-ordered thru vaportekusa & smokstor. Wisj'n I had used vaprnw since they already have'm. I already have clr heads, but need to learm about this rba base.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pre-ordered thru vaportekusa as well.. Now I am seeing Vapenw having it in stock as well and for 8 bucks cheaper.. Kinda sucks.. Will have to wait till the 15th for vaportekusa to ship it.. If it was easy to cancel i would totally cancel and order from vapenw..

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pre-ordered thru vaportekusa as well.. Now I am seeing Vapenw having it in stock as well and for 8 bucks cheaper.. Kinda sucks.. Will have to wait till the 15th for vaportekusa to ship it.. If it was easy to cancel i would totally cancel and order from vapenw..

Sucks 'cause I checked out vapenw when I was preordering. They are on my list of usuals and they ship darn'd fast. But, they did not have a preorder option available or a price when I did my preorders.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

You can cancel your vaportek order. That's what I did. If you have the email from your order, you can reply to it. They canceled mine within an hour of my emailing

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Myvaporshop has them too for $78 but there's no coupon code that I know of for them.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have one ordered as part of a co-op. There's a separate RBA base, which of course is a separate order!

What is the separate rba base? There's no way I'm gonna pay $22 for 5 titanium heads when I can buy 15ft of titanium for $10. In all my searching, the only thing I can find is the clr heads, which are noting more than head that come apart to recoil, but you have to deal with rubber grommets. I'd prefer a deck

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can cancel your vaportek order. That's what I did. If you have the email from your order, you can reply to it. They canceled mine within an hour of my emailing

I am extremely tempted. We will see what news Monday brings.

Edit: Well, I didn't make it to Monday. They should have answered their phone or at least allowed me to leave a voicemail.

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I ordered the orange one but I'm extremely tempted to order the black one too. Early reviews are awesome. It's amazing the price differences though. I've seen the full kit anywhere between $70 and $125. Gearbest raised their price from $68 to $125 and they're selling the mod without ego one xl for $99

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ordered mine yesterday from vapenw. Further proof preorders are stupid I'll have mine before people who preordered.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered mine yesterday from vapenw. Further proof preorders are stupid I'll have mine before people who preordered.

I hadn't thought about it before, but ... my experience with pre-orders and group buys doesn't smell good.

Yep ... I didn't order high enough on the food chain. I populated a cart at vapenw and it would only cost me $10 more to order through them. I wouldn't hesitate to flush $10 down the toilet if it meant I could have my new vape toys sooner. The ONLY reason I'm not cancelling my preorders is some goofy integrity/karma thing.

Update ... as I typed out this message I was overcome with angst, so I tried to get vaportekusa on the phone again. I decided that their instructions not to leave a voicemail and just send an email was annoying enough to justify my asshattery. So, I sent an email canceling my pre-order for 2 kits. Then I logged into my account at vapenw, filled my shopping cart with the kit plus a black Delta II and Delta II RBA base. I will be surprised if I don't have my stuff by Wednesday. All I can say is they had several opportunities to pick up the phone and their admonition not to leave voicemail is disturbing. Such that: I've got no problem at all rationalizing my decision to cut and run on an order placed weeks ago.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine shipped just got the
Email I should have it Monday or Tuesday latest.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is the separate rba base? There's no way I'm gonna pay $22 for 5 titanium heads when I can buy 15ft of titanium for $10. In all my searching, the only thing I can find is the clr heads, which are noting more than head that come apart to recoil, but you have to deal with rubber grommets. I'd prefer a deck
They're the Ego one clr heads - you can see them here:
http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=235

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I thought. I have a set of those coming from sweet vapes. was hoping it was an actual RBA deck but I guess not.

Yes, I thought they were also when I ordered them - but I guess not a true RBA - I'm still not sure! Bummer, I never buy tanks without a rebuildable option :-(

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I thought they were also when I ordered them - but I guess not a true RBA - I'm still not sure! Bummer, I never buy tanks without a rebuildable option :-(

I scarfed a pack of CLRs last week in anticipation. I do like that this coil head is designed to be rebuildable and after viewing a youtube on the rebuild process ... I am impressed with the CLR design. I'm not a fan of the insulator bit, but I'm dig'n on the screw off top as well as the adjustable juice intakes on these heads. What I note on the CLRs I have is that they don't have the gold plated connections shown on the Ti and Ni coil heads packed into the kit, so we'll see soon enough whether or not the lack of gold plating diminishes performance. My plan is to build replacement Ti coil heads using the 26g Ti which sits in waiting.

The Delta II does have a RBA/build deck option FWIW, so maybe we can look forward to a future release. The Ego One is what I'd class as a starter mech, but by bundling it with the Evic VT, they're putting it in some power vaper hands and may decide to offer additional support for the Ego One Mega Tank.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I ordered a second one from vapenw. Can't wait to get them.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a VT kit last week in a contest from Heaven gifts. and have been using it non stop. Guys, get on this. This box is incredible!!

photo%2019_zps1gjbwm0w.jpg

9A68076B-648C-4CF7-916D-86A7311F371E-10403-000003C4999D999A_zpszs5wi5jk.jpg

081D7D92-F481-42FF-991C-71DB48CE2C1D-10403-000003C5CE544DFE_zpsimsw4hie.jpg

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS HOLE,

B21345AF-BF07-4792-B21C-828B05730594-9890-0000039A75B16719_zpsklkaf31k.jpg

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im working on a review as we speak. That island over my left shoulder used to be owned by the band 311, called Melody Key.

Screen%20shot%202015-06-07%20at%207.26.49%20AM_zpsmzp0flgz.png

HeathenScribe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just ordered mine last night. Since my iStick shit out, I have a valid excuse to divert funds from my Custom knife/Tattoo fund for new vape gear.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Heaven gifts is selling just the mod alone without the tank for 99 bucks. However, this tank is a great match.

http://www.heavengifts.com/Joyetech-eVic-VT-VW-Express-Kit-5000mAh.html

Check out heaven gifts and be sure to put kwtony down as the referral if you choose to sing up with these people. I love how their site has an instant chat feature, I have used it half a dozen times asking questions and it has worked perfectly.
http://www.heavengifts.com/passport-signup-71487.html

You can get the full kit from vapenw for $70. And if your willing to wait for their next shipment, you can preorder for $55 (full kit)

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woah, good news on that. Did not know I might buy a another box in blue, because I love this thing so much

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my shipping notice yesterday ... the countdown has begun. It has already left Washington state - USPS is gonna get this'n right ... I'm sure of it with crossed fingers.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone else find it strange that the two reviews on their site are from people that dont even own the device??

http://vapenw.com/review/product/list/id/7547/category/84/

Id offer to write one, but heaven vapes has my initial review. waiting to be posted.

I have ordered a rebuildable head for this. BUT i like my own modified version of the head.
BEFORE
64140211-DA9E-4006-A5C7-D43CC14C5477-3373-0000013509781C68_zpstygqepra.jpg

AFTER
6077F78D-5F62-4EE6-9EEC-F1E8BDE27243-3373-0000013515712561_zpsqbv8gpt9.jpg

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to get another white box VT box, stick my White Kanger subtank with blue o rings and call it a day.

My black kit is awaiting the Trinity Copa drip tip...
Screen%20shot%202015-06-07%20at%2012.11.39%20PM_zpsvwvstzcx.png
[/IMG]
Screen%20shot%202015-06-07%20at%2012.11.39%20PM_zpsvwvstzcx.png

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my shipping notice yesterday ... the countdown has begun. It has already left Washington state - USPS is gonna get this'n right ... I'm sure of it with crossed fingers.

suhhweeeeeeeeeet!!!I was going about 35-40mph on a boat and it blew that dense of a cloud, I swear people thought I must have been on fire. It had to look strange from a far.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VV mode=cloud chasing mode
VT = flaovor chasing mode

You will notice two different flavors between the two settings.

Imagine this....

Thing of VV mode as a manual transmission drag car. if you have a 1000 hp and a 5 speed manual tranny, Everywhere you go, you hit the gas you pretty much spin the tires. Imagine if you were unable to ease into the power band, and you only have two speeds, full throttle or no throttle. think of that cracking and sizzling noise your tank makes as burning your tires...burnout competitions may be fun, but at the end of the day, its kind of a waste of time...

BUt if you had a torque converter transmitting the power to the ground and an automatic tranny, you give it gas and boom it just goes.
There is a reason the fastest cars/dragsters in the world have automatic transmissions. And high stall torque converters. Think of this Joyetec Evic kit as a top fuel dragster with a finely tuned gearbox. Having all the power in the world means nothing unless you are utilizing it properly. The VT will lower your coils temp automatically at least (what seems about 5-7 times per second) to avoiding any burning or sizzling. The flavor is just obscene.

Sizzling may equal massive clouds, but not massive flavor. In VT mode, you can not only get huge flavor, but a damn good size cloud too. Its completely quiet as well...you might not win a cloud competition, but your taste buds just might explode. No jet engine noise from the coil when you are in VT mode either.

Id venture to say, that you might taste flavors and subtle hints in VT mode that you have never experienced with a standard VV box.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
suhhweeeeeeeeeet!!!I was going about 35-40mph on a boat and it blew that dense of a cloud, I swear people thought I must have been on fire.

Hoot. My girlfriend, @Tawni, seems to freak me out with a cloud wafting over my right shoulder every time we're at a stop on the bike.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love my new evic but I ha e to crank the temp to 500 to get the same vape as my ipv4 at 420 :( the evic reminds me more of a dna40 vape. Anyone one else noticed that?

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i have 2 on the way, one white and one orange. Really want to try the ti mode. I received some clr heads today and already took one apart and put 7 wraps of 26g ti on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone wanna donate just one CLR head or maybe we can work out a trade. I don't see the need for 5

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I ended up cancelling my Vaportek pre-order and ordered from vapenw.. vapenw shipped it today.. so should have by Weds..

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love my new evic but I ha e to crank the temp to 500 to get the same vape as my ipv4 at 420 :( the evic reminds me more of a dna40 vape. Anyone one else noticed that?

Jut curious, are you comparing with the same atty, or are you using the ego one on the Evic and a different atty on you IPv4

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Jut curious, are you comparing with the same atty, or are you using the ego one on the Evic and a different atty on you IPv4

Same Atty same build same.juice.

If you order from a wholesale online store from USA or other countries, you will get it more earlier than you order it from a online store from China as these items are made for exportation.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone wanna donate just one CLR head or maybe we can work out a trade. I don't see the need for 5

Got 5. But, I figure 5 is good or a couple reasons. First, the rubber insulators won't last forever. Second, the 5 pack was only $13.95.

This said, I'm actually looking forward to the release of the Ti CLR heads. I'm betting that the Ti version will have gold plated contacts (like the Ti and Ni200 heads) for better conductivity. My CLR heads are the kanthal builds with unplated contact legs.

Regarding comparison with your IPV4, I don't have another TL mod to make comparisons, but ... isn't the IPV a yihi chip mod with a Joules setting? I do have a laser temperature probe and I'll probably play with it to guage its temperature setting accuracy.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you :) i figure since I'll be building with nickel the rubber insulation shouldn't melt.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got 5. But, I figure 5 is good or a couple reasons. First, the rubber insulators won't last forever. Second, the 5 pack was only $13.95.

This said, I'm actually looking forward to the release of the Ti CLR heads. I'm betting that the Ti version will have gold plated contacts (like the Ti and Ni200 heads) for better conductivity. My CLR heads are the kanthal builds with unplated contact legs.
The ti heads and ni juice holes are so damn tiny If they just made it bigger i bet they would be awesome.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Interesting
I think the yihi board just pulses almost full power of your settings and just spaces out the pulse to maintain temp. So its a fuller vape at even lower temps? While the evic drops wattage and is flat. But since I can't really see the temp change of the ipv4 its all guessing by what busardos scope graphs.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Regarding comparison with your IPV4, I don't have another TL mod to make comparisons, but ... isn't the IPV a yihi chip mod with a Joules setting? I do have a laser temperature probe and I'll probably play with it to guage its temperature setting accuracy.

I wonder if there's any way to rebuild the ti and ni200 heads. I've never used an ego one xl so I don't know anything about those heads

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rebuilt the coils, but disassembly is about 9.5/10 scale..look at post number 30, i even modified the coil to get moar juice.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if there's any way to rebuild the ti and ni200 heads. I've never used an ego one xl so I don't know anything about those heads

Best option I see right now is: swap the gold plated contacts onto the CLR heads and build them when the time comes.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Best option I see right now is: swap the gold plated contacts onto the CLR heads and build them when the time comes.
That's what I'm thinking. I believe the only difference between them is the top portion so that you can unscrew to replace coil. If the bottom half uses the same type and diameter positive pin, you should be able to swap out the contacts. Guess I'll know once I receive mine.

I certainly don't want to pay $22 for coil heads. But I figure worst case, I have a ton of rta that I can build with ti and since you need less wraps with the ti, it will be easier to build a dual coil on something with a small deck like the billow 2

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered one from Eciggity.Got the express kit without the tank for $59.99 and free shipping.With a 10% off code came out to $54.Can't wait.This is my first temp limiting mod,and the reviews have been good so far.Can't beat the price.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe the only difference between them is the top portion so that you can unscrew to replace coil.

Another big difference is the size of juice hole. First, the size is adjustable with the threaded collar, but more importantly ... its bigger. I'm still going to get some Ti CLR heads when they come available.

Funny you mention the Billow 2 - if I didn't spend all day sucking on it, it'd be sitting on the ready with a Ti build while I stalk USPS. Mine hasn't landed in Houston, but I'm hoping it lands tonight for delivery tomorrow.

Edit: It is now in Houston. Tomorrow should be a good day.

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Another big difference is the size of juice hole. First, the size is adjustable with the threaded collar, but more importantly ... its bigger. I'm still going to get some Ti CLR heads when they come available.

Funny you mention the Billow 2 - if I didn't spend all day sucking on it, it'd be sitting on the ready with a Ti build while I stalk USPS. Mine hasn't landed in Houston, but I'm hoping it lands tonight for delivery tomorrow.

Edit: It is now in Houston. Tomorrow should be a good day.

Of all my rta, the billow 2 has become my favorite, especially for TC. The resistance seems to be perfect and I never get any fluctuation. The only problem I get is that you need to use 30 or 32 gauge on it to get a halfway decent dual coil and my wires get clipped in the post holes easily so I trap under screw heads but they are so small, it becomes a pain in the ass.

I'm actually interested in trying the Goliath v2 when it comes out. The v1 sucked but the v2 looks like it ha massive airflow, no more ugly ring and a single coil option

VU Sponsors