Become a Patron!

Evic vt - who's getting one, who has one already?

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really wanted to like the evic vt. It has so much theoretically going for it. But it's a dud. I get very little vapor and no flavor. And it's not the clearomizer, I have tried different ones that are working great on other mods. No expert, but I suspect the temp control is misreading and knocks the watts down to zip.
For all its strong points (battery, control, screen, charging port, speed) if it don't make vapor, it's just an expensive paper weight. So promising, but in the end, just very sad. I'll take the kangxin mini vf.
Oh, it's not gold, it's more like school bus orange. The ego one mega works fairly well and looks decent on my all black IPv4. But the coil is pretty small so I'm not sure why it works as well as it does.
Oh well, spend and learn. Or be more patient and wait for V2.

Had the exact opposite experience. May want to exchange your unit if you think it's a dud.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like mine, although the ego mega tank is a bit of a bust (but it's pretty!) :)

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really like mine, although the ego mega tank is a bit of a bust (but it's pretty!) :)

Try out the Smok TCT on it. It's such an awesome tank and can be had around $20 on some sites. It's a stellar product for the money. I mean. If you wanted to try something else on the Evic lol.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try out the Smok TCT on it. It's such an awesome tank and can be had around $20 on some sites. It's a stellar product for the money. I mean. If you wanted to try something else on the Evic lol.

LOL! I have a gazillion tanks - but I'm not sure one can have too many:eek: I'm using both ni and ti in a lemo 2, subtanks, delta 2 (bleh), and an atlantis 2 (with the rba deck). I resist buying tanks without an RBA option, though, because I hate buying coils!

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LOL! I have a gazillion tanks - but I'm not sure one can have too many:eek: I'm using both ni and ti in a lemo 2, subtanks, delta 2 (bleh), and an atlantis 2 (with the rba deck). I resist buying tanks without an RBA option, though, because I hate buying coils!

Totally agree. Same here I've got them all over the place. I love how cheap they are btw. Lends itself well to my vape addiction.

I always buy RBA but I gave the TCT a look cause of the capacity primarily. I love it so much I don't even mind buying coils for it anymore haha.

Everything I've tried works superbly on the Evic.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to have to switch to Ti entirely - I can never remember which tank has which in it, and Ti is easier to build and may taste slightly better! What's the capacity of the TCT? I recently got the Tobeco Super Tank, and I think it's my favorite, even with its stock coil! (I the anyvape rba in it, but for some reason it was leaking like a sieve).

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm going to have to switch to Ti entirely - I can never remember which tank has which in it, and Ti is easier to build and may taste slightly better! What's the capacity of the TCT? I recently got the Tobeco Super Tank, and I think it's my favorite, even with its stock coil! (I the anyvape rba in it, but for some reason it was leaking like a sieve).

It's 5.5ml.

I recently picked up an OBS T-VCT with the RBA deck that's 6ml. It's a crazy small deck but I can get an 8 wrap 28g Ni coil in it ok. Great flavor. I've got some Ti I just haven't rebuilt with it in a tank yet.

That Tobeco has an excellent price point.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I find I get less vaper when I tried kanthal for kicks a couple times. It's all in the build. I bet my temp builds will out cloud any build higher then .2 on standard kanthal. And that's only cause I'm limited by my device wait till I have my dna200 and be able to use 20g dual coil titanium or 24g ni200

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been using my evic-vt in just kanthal mode till yesterday, was faultless in kanthal mode and decided to try my hand at doing a nickel coil, bought some ni200 from my local vapor shop, got a nickel coil in my subtank mini now, reads 0.09ohm and been great at 450F @ 30 watts, getting great flavor and vapor.

I know some have had problems with the TC on the evic, but had that build in for 24 hours and it hasn't missed a beat, the resistance has shown the same 0.09ohms since I put it in, didn't think I would get into TC, bought it for it looks not the TC, but sure liking the TC too :)

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Single coil 28g with goblin mini 42j best I could do it doesn't do it justice I'm a 225lbs dude 5'9.5" for scale lol
6d434e13430b7f53c077e507242c789e.jpg

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've used it in TC exclusively since I bought it. I wouldn't put it past some units having issues but I would chalk up a lot to poor Ni builds.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The mirror makes it look so much smaller I need my brother to take a picture tomorrow I'll show you what I can get out of a dual coil 24g titanium build.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used it in TC exclusively since I bought it. I wouldn't put it past some units having issues but I would chalk up a lot to poor Ni builds.

It's very sensitive to the build. However, I have a USA ohm meter, and it's just as picky - if that won't read a build, then even if the VT will (and my sx mini) the build is no good (learned that the hard way).

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also its all in the wicking if your wattage doesn't stay pretty steady from where it started within the first second. It's not a good build.

JB-VA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Or spend a few minutes learning how to use it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well gosh, vapedick, you have a really "swell" day.
But it's their coil, not mine. And it works fine on other mods.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool, thanks. I got worried when it changed from its normal charging motion, and unplugged it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take a few minutes and learn how to use it! Douche bag.

GEORGE DAVIS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
vapedick Still rockin' your sisters tities I see. Ass clown.

Just ordered my evic by from originvape. Their shipment is arriving Monday. Figured couldn't go wrong for $70 for the full kit

Anyone one else ordering one?

Curious though, is the only rba base for the ego one xl the clr heads, or is there an actual rba base like with the subtank?

I find that firing the Ticoils but using the Ni coil setting it tastes much better and I can fire it at more than 100 degrees farenheit too. Weird it allows you to even set a TiCoil to Nicoil on the device itself, not sure if it's safe etc but it tastes way better to me....and at much lower settings.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find that firing the Ticoils but using the Ni coil setting it tastes much better and I can fire it at more than 100 degrees farenheit too. Weird it allows you to even set a TiCoil to Nicoil on the device itself, not sure if it's safe etc but it tastes way better to me....and at much lower settings.

I have two devices that don't have Ti settings so I just use the Ni setting (perfectly safe). You just have to adjust the temperature down by at least 100F (for me generally much more).

I have two devices that don't have Ti settings so I just use the Ni setting (perfectly safe). You just have to adjust the temperature down by at least 100F (for me generally much more).
Agreed, I can burn Ni setting at at least 100 degrees lower with a TiCoil. but why don't you have a Ti setting?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed, I can burn Ni setting at at least 100 degrees lower with a TiCoil. but why don't you have a Ti setting?

Because I also have a Sigelei 75 and an Istick 40 (both only have Ni settings). If you read over at the other place you'll see we've been using Ti on the Ni setting for a while (well, since we got the devices!).

VU Sponsors