Become a Patron!

Evic vt - who's getting one, who has one already?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
16d2bcaeffad774a1888ec64bcb26be3.jpg

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Considering I only use RTA's now, 50j on the ipv3li should be plenty

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
16d2bcaeffad774a1888ec64bcb26be3.jpg

What device is this? If it's the IPV3 LI what version of the software are you running? I did the 200 watt upgrade but don't see this in the menu.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What device is this? If it's the IPV3 LI what version of the software are you running? I didn't the 200 watt upgrade but don't see this in the menu.
Ipv3 Li with the update 200w it adds ti mode but still 50j

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ipv3 Li with the update 200w it adds ti mode but still 50j

I did the 200 watt upgrade but don't have the coil selection menu.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You need you be in Joule mode to see it.

I am. I'm using ni200. I wonder if you have to have a ti build to see it.

Do you have a link to the firmware you used.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nope look for ni200 in the menu and toggle up

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope look for ni200 in the menu and toggle up

I don't have that menu. Can you provide a link to the firmware you used when upgrading?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am. I'm using ni200. I wonder if you have to have a ti build to see it.

Do you have a link to the firmware you used.
It's the only one on the site

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pionner is FUCKED I feel bad for the ipv4 users no I'm glad I traded mine in for this one. The evic vt might get sold now.
100j 200w
26df0489a1e4a3d633c4b746f1ca5fa6.jpg

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pionner is FUCKED I feel bad for the ipv4 users no I'm glad I traded mine in for this one. The evic vt might get sold now.
100j 200w
26df0489a1e4a3d633c4b746f1ca5fa6.jpg
I was using V1.5 firmware upgrade to V1.6 and now I see the menu for coil selection. I'm not able to adjust to 100J. Might have to do with the fact my build is .22 ohms.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wonder why that is.
Probably cause ti can't take it and has higer resistance since you can use up to 20g and need the 100j I'm using dual 24 only 7 wrap and I'm at .11 86j feels like kanthal but with tc

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well 'all my fiends in the evic thread I may be selling my evic if this thing pans out so y'all on the fence look out for a good deal on the whole kit in a week or two cool black color probably $50 with tank and all that comes and I'll rebuild the heads with ti and ni200 with bigger juice holes

i think most people can appreciate that.

can you advise what makes spider silk superior to other grade 1 (95% pure or higher) Ti wire available for considerably less? esp if its not the special cleaning.

thanks!

Spider Silk is Grade 1 (F67 – ASTM) TI wire

There may be 1 or 2 companies selling acid etched jewelry wire at less, but mostly if you compare side by side to other companies selling the same/similar wire, the price range is negligible.

Even if you do happen to find the same thing for less being sold solely on a website with no intention of having it sold by other companies, then it probably comes in a baggie with no graphics and no Japanese cotton.

A perfect (and bitter) example is Envy’s first cig-a-likes “Bliss” it was being sold in 2008 for $49.95 (then the lowest priced e-cig on the market, NJOY was about $80 and Smoking Everywhere was about $100+) then Blu came along and offered something similar for $34.95 but you could only buy it from them on their website. So Blu cut out distributors and retailers and passed the savings onto the customer, great for them but not so great when you run out of cartridges on Friday night and have to wait until Wed or Thurs the following week to get them in the mail.

Anyway, I think we provide a pretty great product, which we will continue to improve upon all aspects, at a pretty decent price.

Thanks again for your support!

Thanks for the marketing lesson ... I think. You are telling this to a guy with a couple of marketing degrees, so I'm short on sympathy. I also happen to be one of your customers.

1. We are as far up the distribution channel as we can get until we locate your supplier and order from them. By buying "direct," we can reasonably expect to eliminate markups we would experience to allow the distributors and retailers to get their pieces of the pie.

2. When I placed my order I was still waiting on my Evic. I found your company, scratched my head and decided you guys were first to market with Ti packaged and processed with vaping as the intended end use. So, I started my order. Got to the checkout and got short on oxygen when I saw that it would cost me $10 in shipping to get 15' of Ti wire. So, I continued my order but left you a nasty comment with my order about my appreciation for being charged such ridiculous shipping. Kudos to whoever filled my order and got my wire shipped. I didn't get an email trying to justify the shipping charge (would not have been received well). Rather, when I received my wire ... I got double what I ordered. This was a good move and this is the first I've mentioned that shipping charge which I hope has been adjusted to be more fair. What I have done is link you guys through Amazon which comes with a much more reasonable shipping charge.

3. I'm confident your volume has exploded since the Evic VT release. Given that the SX330 chip has already been updated for Ti wire and there are more Ti devices just around the corner ... this is a good time for you to adjust for the economies of scale you should now be adjusting for and find a set a market price which advantages improved economies. Juice companies are a dime a dozen 'cause the profits seem like low hanging fruit. Low hanging fruit get's picked over quickly. Now is the time to adjust your prices to reflect the volume you are enjoying to make the market less appealing for the competition that will be racing to get their piece of the profit level your pricing strategy allows. If you actually read this whole thread, you'll see that we've already started to get some of the vendors in the jewelry supply business wise to this opportunity.

4. I understand that you don't want to get involved in the acid etching version of preparation. I'm gonna suggest you get over it and do everything in your power to provide a product which is unmistakably superior. That way, vapers will know you love us and are prepared to absorb the risks so we don't have to.

We really do value our customers and we want to provide the best product we can at an affordable price.

1. As you most certainly know with your degrees, that selling direct at cost will eliminate any distributors and retailers—why sell a product when the consumer can get the same product direct for significantly less?

2. Shipping charges, we charge $3.49 shipping unless your order in over $50, then shipping is free. Not certain what happened there, but at least you were covered, great!

3. Economies of scale can be tricky, Space Jam/Five Pawns/JoyeTech/Amerivape/etc/etc/etc all are doing massive volumes and their pricing has not changed significantly. I agree with you, that with more demand we will be offering different lengths at discounted pricing and different gauges as well. Ironically, we started marketing Spider Silk originally as an alternative to kanthal and other wires; it just so happens that temp control market has exploded and will continue to do so. . .until the next “big thing” arrives. So, we will be making changes as we continue to grow. Again, we will not be trying to compete with the jewelry wire market as they do some things we do not (acid etching, little to no packaging and/or no distribution/resellers).

4. We are always striving to improve our system and our products, because we DO love you!

Thanks for your support!

Last edited:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

We really do value our customers and we want to provide the best product we can at an affordable price.

1. As you most certainly know with your degrees, that selling direct at cost will eliminate any distributors and retailers—why sell a product when the consumer can get the same product direct for significantly less?

2. Shipping charges, we charge $3.49 shipping unless your order in over $50, then shipping is free. Not certain what happened there, but at least you were covered, great!

3. Economies of scale can be tricky, Space Jam/Five Pawns/JoyeTech/Amerivape/etc/etc/etc all are doing massive volumes and their pricing has not changed significantly. I agree with you, that with more demand we will be offering different lengths at discounted pricing and different gauges as well. Ironically, we started marketing Spider Silk originally as an alternative to kanthal and other wires; it just so happens that temp control market has exploded and will continue to do so. . .until the next “big thing” arrives. So, we will be making changes as we continue to grow. Again, we will not be trying to compete with the jewelry wire market as they do some things we do not (acid etching, little to no packaging and/or no distribution/resellers).

4. We are always striving to improve our system and our products, because we DO love you!

Thanks for your support!
Bring on some 20-22g since the ipv3 Li can do 100j in titanium mode tc

Bring on some 20-22g since the ipv3 Li can do 100j in titanium mode tc

We will be releasing 24g in about 1-2 months. We will keep in mind lower gauges as this tech is obviously advancing.

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
I feel bad I high jacked the awesome evic thread I made a new thread on the ipv3 Li

Thanks for the info! I had the 1st 200w upgrade and rechecked thanks to you.Still experimenting with TC.Have the IPV3 LI,2 Evic VT,Invader Mini,Smok 80 Xpro,and waiting on Snowwolf 200.Have about 30 mods and 50 attys and still use most of them.Neverending!!
All mods are different (and shiny!) so do enjoy all these threads.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info! I had the 1st 200w upgrade and rechecked thanks to you.Still experimenting with TC.Have the IPV3 LI,2 Evic VT,Invader Mini,Smok 80 Xpro,and waiting on Snowwolf 200.Have about 30 mods and 50 attys and still use most of them.Neverending!!
All mods are different (and shiny!) so do enjoy all these threads.
Some 24g or even 22 or hell 20g titanium and full 100j and tc yihi out did themselves. My dual 24g coils are chucking the tits at 86j 460°f

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I honestly don't feel the difference in ramp up or heat. Not sure about the ipv4 update but Denny from pionner said soon maybe a week or too I heard. The sx350j mini has a titanium upgrade already too

Where did u see the sx350j titanium upgrade. I want that

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Where did u see the sx350j titanium upgrade. I want that
I think it's the 2.2 version of the 150w update. I haven't done it personally its what I heard.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wait I don't think the sx350j supports titanium yet :( think it was a rumor. I sold mine before the upgrade.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even if you do happen to find the same thing for less being sold solely on a website with no intention of having it sold by other companies, then it probably comes in a baggie with no graphics and no Japanese cotton.

mine came on a plastic roll just like most kanthal wire ive purchased.

honestly i would prefer to not have to pay for graphics, a fancy container, and cotton when buying wire.

just some feedback. thanks.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For anyone following my Ti to Power mode jumping ... Once again I can report that it was my fault. I suspected I may have stuffed to much coil into the tiny Billow V2 chamber ... I built my second Bv2 with smaller coils (spaced duals at .12 ohms) and the Evic VT is perfectly content to stay in Ti Temperature mode.

So, based on PB&Js experience, combined with my experience ... Ti mode is sensitive to jacked up builds or jacked up atomizers.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two that I bought at VaporsNW I'm very pleased the vendor and the product.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm upset that as of July 10 they will be shipping a new firmware version and us early buyers are stuck. It's still a great mod just wish we could upgrade firmware.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im a heavy vapor and my E VT goes for three days before it needs charged
My tank is the Kanger Areotank with a dual coil 1.8 Im sure the Sub tanks will kill it quicker.
Sent from my SGH-T999

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I caved and finally ordered the kit from gearbest when Joe posted the deal for like $55 I hope I see it sometime this year lol.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm upset that as of July 10 they will be shipping a new firmware version and us early buyers are stuck. It's still a great mod just wish we could upgrade firmware.

I'm really enjoying my evic vt and don't regret buying it. I never use it in kanthan mode so the issues that have been found where it Ramps to 30w don't affect me. Had a couple of times where it jumped into power mode from ti but I'm convinced it was my builds. I have no regrets buying it, especially for only $60. My second one had a loose fire button and got stuck in firing mode a couple times because the Button was loose. Contacted joyetech and vendor and they promptly sent me a brand new one and said I can keep the old one.

That being said, I think I'm done being an early adopter unless the mod offers user upgradable firmware. I should have learned my lesson with the dna and I wasn't even an early adopter of that but still got older firmware than what's out now. I bought the sxmini m because of the upgrade feature and now I'm glad I bought 2. They just released a new upgrade (v2.3) that offers 75j on single battery and ti mode. At least with the usher upgradable firmware, I don't feel like I got shafted and own a $200 paperweight

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm really enjoying my evic vt and don't regret buying it. I never use it in kanthan mode so the issues that have been found where it Ramps to 30w don't affect me. Had a couple of times where it jumped into power mode from ti but I'm convinced it was my builds. I have no regrets buying it, especially for only $60. My second one had a loose fire button and got stuck in firing mode a couple times because the Button was loose. Contacted joyetech and vendor and they promptly sent me a brand new one and said I can keep the old one.

That being said, I think I'm done being an early adopter unless the mod offers user upgradable firmware. I should have learned my lesson with the dna and I wasn't even an early adopter of that but still got older firmware than what's out now. I bought the sxmini m because of the upgrade feature and now I'm glad I bought 2. They just released a new upgrade (v2.3) that offers 75j on single battery and ti mode. At least with the usher upgradable firmware, I don't feel like I got shafted and own a $200 paperweight
Where is this v2.3 upgrade I can't find it

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Where is this v2.3 upgrade I can't find it

its only been released to testers so far. I emailed Amy at yihi and asked her to send it to me. She sent me the old updateS early so I hope she'll send me this one too

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kinda makes me wanna buy a new one. I sold my original M the battery life wasn't good how I vape.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm breaking in my Blavk Joytech VT today with my DIY strawberry cream eliquid. YUM YUM

Sent from my SGH-T999

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I bought a clock with a thermometer inside so I can make sure my room is 72° for when I'm setting my coils up. I think I'm gone into the deep end with this vape game.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a clock with a thermometer inside so I can make sure my room is 72° for when I'm setting my coils up. I think I'm gone into the deep end with this vape game.

All you need now is a FLIR lol,
flir-t-series.png

VU Sponsors