Become a Patron!

Evic vtc dual 150 watt batteries. Help!

Hello I just bought my first external battery evic vtc dual box mod, and I'm pairing it with my troll rda to get into coil building. Anyways I'm wondering what would be the best battery to get for it, that is capable at running at the 150 watts? It hasn't came in the mail yet but I went ahead and got two sony vtc3 high drain 18650 batteries, but I'm wondering if there is anything out there better for it? or if they will even work?

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello I just bought my first external battery evic vtc dual box mod, and I'm pairing it with my troll rda to get into coil building. Anyways I'm wondering what would be the best battery to get for it, that is capable at running at the 150 watts? It hasn't came in the mail yet but I went ahead and got two sony vtc3 high drain 18650 batteries, but I'm wondering if there is anything out there better for it? or if they will even work?

The vtc3 will work, independent tests rate them at about 28amp CDR. They are low mah so low run time between charges. Suggested batteries to be at that 150watts constantly would be the newer Sony VTC5A (not the standard older VTC5 but the VTC5A) as well as the LG HD2/HD2C and HD4, which are all 25 amp batteries, the VTC5A is 2500mah where the HD series are 2000 to 2100mah. The VTC5A fits the bill the closest, the needed CDR of 25amps for 150 watts, and great mah for run time.

(Watts set/lowest battery charge)/90% chipset efficiency=amps needed
Lowest charge on average per battery is about 3.2volts, dual battery series that would be 6.4 (3.2x2), I used 3.3 per battery for my watts formula

(150watts/6.6v)=22.7272/0.9=25.25252525amps needed

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Your best bet is the samsung 30q or LG HG2 batteries
these 3 sites are great to buy form and won't sell fakes
illumn.com
liionwholesale.com
imrbatteries.com

I'd personally stay away from sony batteries. not because they are bad per se, but because they are cloned alot so impossible to tell if you are getting fakes and good sites won't sell them becuase sony stopped selling the batteries and issued a cease and desist as they are selling off their battery division.

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
howdy - and welcome :)

given that is a regulated mod, personally i would likely run samsung 25r's in it - good balance of available CDR and mah (output and battery life)

unlike a mech, using a regulated gives you a bit more of a safety buffer with low ohm builds

the vtc3s will work, but will have a pretty short life span between charges - those are more commonly used for low ohm mech builds

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're actually running it at the full 150W then you'll need 25A batteries.
The best (and most expensive) option is Sony VTC5A 25A 2500mAh, and close behind it is the LG HD2C 25A 2200mAh.
Your VTC3s will work just fine though their capacity is quite low 28A 1500mAh

Last edited:

VU Sponsors